Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into a taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Last night Chief Superintendent Phill Ward, speaking on Beverley Road, said that police had discovered Miss Squire's mobile phone at her home. He said: "We now know Libby arrived on Wellesley Avenue, her home address, around 11.29, although it's not believed she entered the property.

"On searching the address, we did discover her mobile phone which, despite analysis, has not provided any further insight as to where she may be or her movements that night."

While it may be inferred they do not say the phone was found inside. Do you think it normal for a young girl to leave her phone at home when going out?

If she'd had the phone with her up until returning, it would be able to provide some information on her movements I would have thought.

Much more likely she forgot or deliberately didn't bring it out in my opinion, rather than losing it once arriving back. As she didn't enter the property, it seems very likely she didn't have her keys, and the phone would have been a lifeline to contacting someone and getting in. So I think it's pretty certain they found it inside. That video should not be asserting anything about it being found outside.

^^^
HERE IT IS. SECOND MOTORIST.

Right.

The first person they refer to was the taxi driver who picked her up from Welly.
The second guy is the bearded fella who pulled over when he saw her distressed on the bench, she refused his offer of help

Both have been cleared.

I don't think the taxi driver has ever been referred to as "a motorist", except maybe in the last few minutes on here. There was one taxi driver, and one motorist. After that there were two student neighbours. That's four people who saw or tried to help Libby before PR turned up like a knight in shining armour.

I had not thought of shift work.
I was thinking that the wife would have known if he was home all night, given that they had a baby and she would likely not sleep through the night.
If he was due for shift work in the wee hours, I wonder what his demeanor was at work.
Also, didn't the lady say she heard the scream and muttering voices at around 1 or 1:30 am?
It’s interesting that the martial arts club I’ve seen mentioned on MSM that he is linked to is a 2 minute drive from the Welly.

If his sister version of events is the truth why was th
That’s still just the initial driver sighting we knew about though?

I must have missed the second driver discussion. Tonight is the first time I’ve heard of it since the sister went to press.

new details coming out all the time confusing things lol

^^^
HERE IT IS. SECOND MOTORIST.

We/I were talking about a motorist stopping at the bench. I don't include the taxi driver as we knew what he did already.

Then again even the Police and media are confused/inconsistent. They have:

Billboard van saying last seen 23:40
Various MSM saying 23:45
Police saying 00:09 (specific time) in/around the area (vague)

As far as I'm aware, the police talked to the bearded guy in the silver car that stopped at 11:45, then (I'm assuming) the taxi driver - the guy who took her home. That doesn't mean it's previously been said before today that two motorists stopped to help her - it means one motorist (beard guy) and the taxi driver that drove her home from Welly. Right?!

Are we sure he still works at Malton? As it said in the daily mail the family had moved from York to Hull so that Malton employment may be from when they lived in York, Malton to Hull seems a long way for a factory job so may be out of date now? Just a thought

Is ‘another motorist’ not just a motorist other than the taxi driver? As in the person in the silver car.

Making it still two. Not three.

yeah, it reads as meaning the taxi driver and the motorist - making two people. 'Neither are suspects'.

This guy they have arrested is a different motorist I believe though, nothing to do with the one they already talked about earlier.

If he finished a shift at 10pm(as peer of the times in my previous post) then it may take 20 minutes to take off overalls, wash hands, get stuff from locker etc. Then it's a 53 minute drive by Google Maps placing him in the area at 11.10pm. But he could have picked up food, gone for petrol etc. possibly even showered on site which would push the time closer to Libbys bench sighting.

If she'd had the phone with her up until returning, it would be able to provide some information on her movements I would have thought.

Much more likely she forgot or deliberately didn't bring it out in my opinion, rather than losing it once arriving back. As she didn't enter the property, it seems very likely she didn't have her keys, and the phone would have been a lifeline to contacting someone and getting in. So I think it's pretty certain they found it inside. That video should not be asserting anything about it being found outside.
I haven't seen the video everyone is referring to. I just note that the police are not quoted as saying the phone was found inside. Certainly not in the article I refer to. Find an article where the police say the phone was found inside and I will gladly concur.

If he finished a shift at 10pm(as peer of the times in my previous post) then it may take 20 minutes to take off overalls, wash hands, get stuff from locker etc. Then it's a 53 minute drive by Google Maps placing him in the area at 11.10pm. But he could have picked up food, gone for petrol etc. possibly even showered on site which would push the time closer to Libbys bench siting.
Or he actually drove past on the way home from work, saw her on the bench, went home, then went back to see if she was still there a little later.

We/I were talking about a motorist stopping at the bench. I don't include the taxi driver as we knew what he did already.

Then again even the Police and media are confused/inconsistent. They have:

Billboard van saying last seen 23:40
Various MSM saying 23:45
Police saying 00:09 (specific time) in/around the area (vague)

I think the time of 00.09 was simply the time at which they knew LS was no longer sitting on the bench...this info was possibly picked up by car dash cam or by a witness who drove past at that time and has told police that there was nobody sitting on the bench at 00.09
So last confirmed sighting was 23.45

Speculation:

What if he offered to drive her back to HIS house?

She thought it would be a safe place to wait. She's seen him and his wife and kids around the neighborhood.

But it could be that his wife and kids are away. We don't know for sure they are at home just because they are on facebook.

EDITED FOR CLARITY

As far as I'm aware, the police talked to the bearded guy in the silver car that stopped at 11:45, then (I'm assuming) the taxi driver - the guy who took her home. That doesn't mean it's previously been said before today that two motorists stopped to help her - it means one motorist (beard guy) and the taxi driver that drove her home from Welly. Right?!

Right. The taxi driver is effectively out of the equation as he had dropped her off by the time she was on the bench. Bearded guy stopped to help and has been cleared.

I wasn't counting the taxi driver as a motorist, hence my confusion when people were talking about "a second motorist".

Pedantics / semantics, all sorted now!!

What if he offered to drive her back to HIS house?

She thought it would be a safe place to wait. She's seen him and his wife and kids around the neighborhood.

But his wife and kids are away.

Are they? Where are they?

I wish I had the energy/time/patience to compile a “just the facts Ma’am” post before we tick over to a new thread.
Stupidly late night last night :(

Anybody up for a summary/map/facts only post? It would be nice to leave some of the more dubiously sourced info behind.

Just thinking about this guy here.....

He's having a rotten run of luck!

He stops as a "good samaritan" then suffers the indignity of an attractive young and ever so slightly vulnerable young lady "throwing" herself at him

Then he is unfortunate enough to appear to be the final person to have contact with the young lady prior to her vanishing

Then he suffers having his collar felt by the plod
Then has to account for himself to his sister

Im almost beginning to feel sorry for him!

He's having a lousy run of unfortunate coincidences....properly ruined his weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member