Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think he was touting for fares as an illegal cabbie. It makes sense to me that he was lurking at that corner for folk leaving the nearby Haworth arms at closing time. It even makes sense that he went to his car to role a ciggie between waves of people exiting the pub. It is hard to roll standing up, especially if windy and cold.
This is exactly my theory.

Can I just confirm... the car is parked at the dead end of Haworth Street? And he's sitting sideways, facing in the direction of Libby's bench?

I’m usually as tough as old boots but this video made me feel sick. I think he saw her passed out. Was sitting having a cigarette while either he or accomplice (on bike?) scoped out area for any other cars/ passers by. I think that is Libby and she is unconscious and thrown into the back seat. God when I think back to some of the situations I put myself in under the influence of alcohol in my twenties, illegal taxis, getting out at wrong addresses. It makes me glad to be alive. Excellent police work on cctv front. Will be interesting to see if cyclist comes forward.

There's about 90 seconds missing from the video, IMO that's not long enough for anyone to manhandle another person into the car with the ease it appears to happen. In your theory where is she unconscious? On the pavement?

Again I'm sticking my neck out and saying the cyclist is simply someone cycling past, I've refered to Corrie McKeague a couple of times already in this discussion, those of us who followed that case will no doubt remember a random cyclist who was discussed to death, in any missing person case the vast majority of detail available is totally irrelevant ime

JMO

Can I just confirm... the car is parked at the dead end of Haworth Street? And he's sitting sideways, facing in the direction of Libby's bench?

Yes, that's right. He's parked in the dead end outside a pair of blue gates but front of the car is facing down the street away from Libby. When he' just about to sit sideways in the car you can actually see him look right (our left) towards the corner where Libby is on the bench just around the other side.

Someone a few pages back said that their friends daughter lives on the street that the CCTV was from. And that the police searched their entire house a few days ago, including the freezer under the bed and in cupboards.

If the police thought Libby had got in the car, why would they be searching houses next to where the car was seen?

Yes, there is something they know and we don't. I wonder what it is....

That was me that posted about that.
I do think it looks like something is over the cyclist's face and thought maybe they were working together based on the reports of a previous incident on Newland avenue.

These partial face coverings always look a bit weird but I've seen a lot of people wearing them on bikes this year, especially in these areas. Seems like they're a popular alternative to wrapping a scarf around your head. An eastern European lass passed me wearing one yesterday. It's just to keep the wind out of your mouth I think. You tend to pant and gawp a bit when biking vigorously and it's apt to make your teeth ache.

You never know, but personally I think the cyclist was just an oblivious passer-by.

It is at the dead end side, he's sitting facing the closed gate of some kind of yard, if you have a look at google earth you can see the gates which are open during day

I cycle and often see other cyclists with face coverings in the winter. It's so cold cycling along fast with the wind on your face. So the fact that the cyclist may have had a bavaclava on isn't suspect to me at all.

Also I think the notion that someone was an illegal cab driver all comes from his sister just to excuse the fact that he had Libby in her car. If you believe that do you also believe Libby threw herself at him? It's just a nonsense excuse imo.

It's interesting to see different interpretations of the footage.

I see someone get in willingly and easily. Then shift in the seat. It immediately made me think of times I sat down and my skirt was folded up under me or something and I needed to quickly straighten it out.

Others see a bounce. I personally believe that moving a passed out person would require much more effort

He doesn’t need to speak until a lawyer and in this case, possibly a translator is present and then he still doesn’t need to answer any questions.

As soon as someone is charged, the court process is started and they can’t ask him ‘Where is Libby?’ So occasionally in cases where they know a suspect is guilty but they haven’t located the missing person, they will take the maximum questioning time to try and encourage the suspect to say where the missing person is.

Trying to understand the UK system better.

Assuming a person is guilty, so when a lawyer does arrive then doesnt the lawyer encourage a guilty party to remain silent anyway or say they dont know anything?

Having trouble understanding the part that he doesnt have to speak till a lawyer is present. It seems a lawyer would not want him to say anything either if the laywer is on his side and knows he is guilty.

I cycle and often see other cyclists with face coverings in the winter. It's so cold cycling along fast with the wind on your face. So the fact that the cyclist may have had a bavaclava on isn't suspect to me at all.

Also I think the notion that someone was an illegal cab driver all comes from his sister just to excuse the fact that he had Libby in her car. If you believe that do you also believe Libby threw herself at him? It's just a nonsense excuse imo.

I can personally believe that he was an illegal taxi driver and also believe that he's not being honest about what happened after she got in.

I could be wrong, of course. But it's not a crazy explanation

Yes, that's right. He's parked in the dead end outside a pair of blue gates but front of the car is facing down the street away from Libby. When he' just about to sit sideways in the car you can actually see him look right (our left) towards the corner where Libby is on the bench just around the other side.

I haven't been able to locate the bench on google earth, if I'm facing the main road from where the car is parked is the bench to the left or right and is it on the same side of the main road as the car?

Any help would be much appreciated

I haven't been able to locate the bench on google earth, if I'm facing the main road from where the car is parked is the bench to the left or right and is it on the same side of the main road as the car?

Any help would be much appreciated

From where he's sitting looking straight ahead, it's to his right, on the main road (Beverley Road), just around the corner from where he's parked. There is a bus stop just next to it. The bench is set back against a brick wall.

I don’t know, but local student rumour is she is still alive and hiding- personally I think she has fallen foul of nature.

That's interesting, do you know if the students have any basis for that or are they just hoping for the best. A small part of me thinks it's possible given the lack of finding a body

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member