Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's right. He's parked in the dead end outside a pair of blue gates but front of the car is facing down the street away from Libby. When he' just about to sit sideways in the car you can actually see him look right (our left) towards the corner where Libby is on the bench just around the other side.
Thanks for confirming >>shudder<<

Trying to understand the UK system better.

Assuming a person is guilty, so when a lawyer does arrive then doesnt the lawyer encourage a guilty party to remain silent anyway or say they dont know anything?

Having trouble understanding the part that he doesnt have to speak till a lawyer is present. It seems a lawyer would not want him to say anything either if the laywer is on his side and knows he is guilty.

I think it is complicated in this instance by the fact his sister appears to be putting his defence/version of events out there in the media.

Hi all. I live in a small town in the UK and we have a few Polish police officers so if he does not speak good English then I should a larger town will have plenty of Polish speaking officers. Also a lot of Polish in this area have second jobs the usual is take away drivers in the evenings

I cycle and often see other cyclists with face coverings in the winter. It's so cold cycling along fast with the wind on your face. So the fact that the cyclist may have had a bavaclava on isn't suspect to me at all.

Also I think the notion that someone was an illegal cab driver all comes from his sister just to excuse the fact that he had Libby in her car. If you believe that do you also believe Libby threw herself at him? It's just a nonsense excuse imo.

No, of course we don't believe Libby threw herself at him, we didn't suggest that and I don't think it's cool to suggest we do just because we may be putting extra weight behind the fake taxi theory considering there have been two other reports of fake taxis trying to pick people up, including one on the night Libby disappeared which included a guy with a balaclava. Sorry if my original post didn't come across clearly but I would never victim blame.

I haven't been able to locate the bench on google earth, if I'm facing the main road from where the car is parked is the bench to the left or right and is it on the same side of the main road as the car?

Any help would be much appreciated

Does this help, Suzy?

LMed.png

CCTV probe in Libby Squire's disappearance after man caught on camera getting into car | Daily Mail Online

From Daily Mail website:
"As part of their ongoing investigation, police arrested a 24-year-old man yesterday, thought he is not thought to be the man in the CCTV footage. "

Just being speculative? I doubt the police will have confirmed/denied to reporters.

Probably. Although (highly unlikely theory) could it be he lent his car to a friend to do taxi work in illegally at night and just won't admit it or give him up?

Would I be right in thinking this CCTV can now not be used in any court case as it has been shown publicly?

The Sun on Twitter

This paper states that it is Libby in the footage.

Edit It's a different video. I need to re-watch.
I'm not sure what this video is. I tjink it's the csr drivibg off with Libby in it, ratger than her getting in.

Also, it's attached as a tweet, but I linked the website, so I don't think I've broken any rules.

From where he's sitting looking straight ahead, it's to his right, on the main road (Beverley Road), just around the corner from where he's parked. There is a bus stop just next to it. The bench is set back against a brick wall.

Perfect, thank you, I see it now

When I heard the ‘she threw herself at him’ story from the sister, I assumed Libby would have been in the passenger seat. Not the easiest thing to make advances on a driver from the back seat.

The Sun on Twitter

This paper states that it is Libby in the footage.

Edit It's a different video. I need to re-watch.
That doesn’t look like the same car as the one in the first CCTV footage to me.
First definitely looks like an Astra, that one looks more like a corsa size though. Maybe not, hard to tell in the first as it’s quite grainy.

EDIT: actually, looking at them both again they could be the same car. The first one is too dark and grainy to tell for sure though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoenStacey1961