Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just had chance to catch up on all this .. so everything linked to the case so far .. relevant or not ..happened in close proximity?
But Surely "both" CCTV clips released and the screams at the park cant all be connected due to timing ?

The screams and running man sighting seems a good lead ...could intermittent screaming be drowning ?

Sorry if I'm repeating earlier stuff but I have tried to read most
Hmm.. Would it be possible to take fifteen minutes to drown? I've always assumed drowning would happen quickly. Also I'm pretty sure if she was drowning in the river, they wouldn't have heard it for fifteen minutes as she'd be being swept away? Potentially drowning in the icy pond? Yet they haven't found her so I doubt the screaming could be her heard drowning in the river nor pond.

Hmm.. Would it be possible to take fifteen minutes to drown? I've always assumed drowning would happen quickly. Also I'm pretty sure if she was drowning in the river, they wouldn't have heard it for fifteen minutes as she'd be being swept away? Potentially drowning in the icy pond? Yet they haven't found her so I doubt the screaming could be her heard drowning in the river nor pond.

It would have been very cold that night, anyone falling in the water would have gone in to immediate shock and would have drowned almost immediately

good point about cost of rent - with them both working I doubt they would get beneifts - with the wife being on mat leave money will be tight so him doing illegal taxing makes sense.

Some landlords prefer families as student up sticks at end of term so no income

IME it's quite usual for families who moved to the UK over more recent years to house share, openly or without the landlord knowing. Maybe they shared the house. Which would be interesting in terms of witnesses/close pals.

Question for the legal eagles. Could Police release him on the abduction charge and then re-arrest him on another charge and start the clock again?

And would they do something like this?

They can definatly re-arrest him on further charges.. don't think they would need to start the clock again as he would be in custody anyway if charged with abduction.

I think that's exactly what they will do if they don't find her today.

Charge him with abduction the recharge him as soon as they have more.

Abduction charge is enough to keep him in custody giving them time to get evidence for other charges.

That's my interpretation anyway.

Question for the legal eagles. Could Police release him on the abduction charge and then re-arrest him on another charge and start the clock again?

Good question, don’t know the answer I’m afraid but intrigued to know the answer.

Sorry think I misread what you said... you mean if they de-arrest him on the abduction charge and just let him go because of no evidence?

If they obtain further evidence then yes I think they can re-arrest him...not sure if they can re-arrest on abduction charges though unless further evidence comes to light for the abduction part of it.

Good question, don’t know the answer I’m afraid but intrigued to know the answer.

I think this has happened previously where the suspect has been re-arrested for Murder
My thoughts are if there is a lack of DNA evidence & his story sounds credible enough they may release him pending investigation, watch him closely and see what he does and then if more evidence comes to light they will then re-arrest him...

"A spokeswoman for the force said: “While we are not commenting specifically on this case, when applying for extensions on custody time limits it’s because we have more things we need to put to the person in custody.

“When all lines of questioning are exhausted we then have to make decisions about whether there is sufficient evidence to charge or not."

Police issue new statement in search for missing Libby Squire

Just wanted to mention that in all my 40 something years of being born and bred in Yorkshire, I have NEVER heard the expression "tenfoot" though it might be an East Yorks thing.

It's basically a back alley that runs behind a row of terraced houses for anyone that cba to google. These are very common but I've never known them called tenfoots. For example you'd have Websleuths Street and behind it would be called Back Websleuths Street aka back road or back alley. These would typically be a narrow road with access to small yards at the backs of the houses, probably containing bins (and a thrown out sofa / mattress / fridge or two!)

The one they're searching looks slightly different to what I have described, as instead of another row of houses on the other side of the tenfoot there is grass with sheds on and then the river

Thank you, southerner here was about to Google! Similar to the alley behind Claudia Lawrence's house, I'm thinking?

Yes get your point .. intermittent screams just put me in mind of a head going under water either accidentally or purposely.

Only if new evidence emerges

The courts take a dim view of releasing and immediately rearresting people

That is banana republic stuff

Sorry think I misread what you said... you mean if they de-arrest him on the abduction charge and just let him go because of no evidence?

If they obtain further evidence then yes I think they can re-arrest him...not sure if they can re-arrest on abduction charges though unless further evidence comes to light for the abduction part of it.

I guess I'm wondering if they don't have anything solid on him yet whether they would drop the abduction charge then re-arrest him (without letting him go) on e.g. suspicion of murder which would then give them another 72/96 hours more to find her or more solid evidence etc?

With Police now issuing statements about the arrest process and how long they can hold him is making me wonder.

I guess I'm wondering if they don't have anything solid on him yet whether they would drop the abduction charge then re-arrest him (without letting him go) on e.g. suspicion of murder which would then give them another 72/96 hours more to find her or more solid evidence etc?

With Police now issuing statements about the arrest process and how long they can hold him is making me wonder.

I have a feeling that may be the case .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member