Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the legal eagles. Could Police release him on the abduction charge and then re-arrest him on another charge and start the clock again?

And would they do something like this?

If it is a completely new charge, not connected to LS, then the clock would start again from zero.
If there is any connection to LS, then the clock resumes from where it stopped previously.

I am finding it interesting that the police have not gone for the full 96 hour limit today, but only up to the 72 hour cut off tonight. That says to me it's a No Comment situation - plus a still waiting for forensics or other evidence results to come through situation - and so they are wanting to hold back on the final 24 hour allocation, to be able to use this at a later date if needed.

I think if it is a completely new charge, not connected to LS, then the clock would start again from zero.
If there is any connection to LS, then the clock resumes from where it stopped previously.

I am finding it interesting that the police have not gone for the full 96 hour limit today, but only up to the 72 hour cut off tonight. That says to me it's a No Comment situation - plus a still waiting for forensics or other evidence results to come through situation - and so they are wanting to hold back on the final 24 hour allocation, to be able to use this at a later date if needed.
Any idea whether they'd have any sort of results back from testing the car by now? No idea how long these things take.

This is a good example of a bad back alley in Leeds somewhere. Loads like this in the student areas.

gettyimages-493236492-1024x1024.jpg

And this is a tenfoot in Hull, from looking at the map/streetview I imagine this is just what the tenfoot they're searching looks like

3805041_7c983581.jpg

Only if new evidence emerges

The courts take a dim view of releasing and immediately rearresting people

That is banana republic stuff

I do get that, but if Police have a solid case why no charge yet? Also the seemingly repeated searches in the same places is not instilling confidence.

Hope I'm wrong and Police really have a solid case.

Any idea whether they'd have any sort of results back from testing the car by now? No idea how long these things take.

I would think ( hope ! ) they have something back by now - otherwise, if he is going No Comment all the way, then they are using up valuable interview time which could be of more benefit later, when they have better evidence.
Many times we see a suspect arrested and interviewed for 24 hours, then released under bail conditions, and then brought back in a week or so later, when police have better evidence. The fact that they have not done this with PR says to me that they must have sufficient to work on already.

I've been going over and over this in my mind too. Who knows their new postcode (unless its an easily memorable one) so soon after moving in and add in being very drunk, almost impossible.

If you’re getting a lot of taxis, it’s the first thing you memorise, in my experience as a student.

I do get that, but if Police have a solid case why no charge yet? Also the seemingly repeated searches in the same places is not instilling confidence.

Even if they have enough evidence for a solid charge already, they will still want to keep interviewing him for as long as possible. Once they charge him, they cannot question him further, so it makes sense to use the maximum interview time to try and get as much as possible from him.

Why rush it though? They have till 9pm tonight so maybe they are thinking lets get as much as we can in that time frame.

He might be talking and dropping himself or others in it.

Once charged he may clam up and say no more

If he was touting as an illegal cab, there is still a “cab rank” situation as in “first there = first fare”. That car that passed must have also have been parked illegally in the dead end so possibly was also a unlicenced cabbie. It makes sense to me that he would move towards the corner to tout after the first cab had left with a fare.

Why rush it though? They have till 9pm tonight so maybe they are thinking lets get as much as we can in that time frame.

He might be talking and dropping himself or others in it.

Once charged he may clam up and say no more
Potentially silly question... I know they've had 72 hours to question him by tonight, but how much time do they actually spend questioning him? Does he just get time to eat, sleep etc and then all the rest of the time he's in a room being questioned? Or do they only ask him stuff for an hour or so at a time? I don't know how anything like that works.

Hmm.. Would it be possible to take fifteen minutes to drown? I've always assumed drowning would happen quickly. Also I'm pretty sure if she was drowning in the river, they wouldn't have heard it for fifteen minutes as she'd be being swept away? Potentially drowning in the icy pond? Yet they haven't found her so I doubt the screaming could be her heard drowning in the river nor pond.

It can take a few minutes I think .. and up to 15 minutes in icy cold water for hyperthermia to set in depending on how cold the water is and I don’t think a person would have a lot of energy to scream for 15 minutes those screams would probably get weaker

I would think ( hope ! ) they have something back by now - otherwise, if he is going No Comment all the way, then they are using up valuable interview time which could be of more benefit later, when they have better evidence.
Many times we see a suspect arrested and interviewed for 24 hours, then released under bail conditions, and then brought back in a week or so later, when police have better evidence. The fact that they have not done this with PR says to me that they must have sufficient to work on already.
Right now they haven't released anything that substantiates a crime has been committed by anyone. She isn't where she is supposed to be but they don't yet have proof why. If everything he is telling them is checking out; i.e. he isn't getting caught in any inconsistencies then how are they going to charge him? "yes I picked her up" "yes I dropped her off here" "I got home at such and such time" CCTV, witnesses and family all corroborate.... Without forensics indicating a crime he might well be released.

It can take a few minutes I think .. and up to 15 minutes in icy cold water for hyperthermia to set in depending on how cold the water is and I don’t think a person would have a lot of energy to scream for 15 minutes those screams would probably get weaker

Yes, cold water immersion kills people faster than drowning does and it was cold that week

The one they're searching looks slightly different to what I have described, as instead of another row of houses on the other side of the tenfoot there is grass with sheds on and then the river

Oops, quoting self as I made a mistake - it's not the river it's Barmston Drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3