Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I thinking the I thought they still had him for another 24 hours at least

I think that stems from the Sky News report earlier. The presenter said Police had another 12 hours to question him of the 36 (nearer 10 at the time I think) and then mentioned they got an extension yesterday morning for 36 hours. 9am yesterday to 9pm today = 36 hours.

I think!

Just to add to this. Mentioned this yest.

As soon as they do charge someone, they can’t question them further. So if they still haven’t found Libby, they can’t question to her whereabouts once a charge is brought as it would be in the hands of the court. Obviously the main goal for the police just now is bringing her home to her family.

We seen it in the Becky Watt’s case. They found evidence in the house pretty early on that there was foul play and enough for a charge but because they didn’t know where she was, they took the maximum questioning time to try locate her.

Agreed..

In that case they also had the additional route of trying to play the two scum buckets e.g use Shauna Hoare as a lever against Nathan mathews

I’ve been a lurker on Websleuths for many years and have been following this case. Thought it was about time I signed up properly with this being so close to home - I live on Marlborough Avenue, less than a 5 min drive from Raglan Street. Thought I might have something to offer in terms of local knowledge.

People are feeling very anxious here at the moment understandably.

Oh and a ten-foot is a Humberside term, all the houses on our road and many close by have a ten foot behind to access gardens/garages etc.

Well where the heck have you been all week? Pick up your camera and get your coat on, we've got plenty of reconnaissance missions for you...

Just kidding of course, welcome!! What's the word on the street round your way, is everyone still talking about it?

I drove her route a few times last night. Do you know what struck me? The sheer amount of silver, Astra sized cars. We really like our silver cars in Hull apparently. My gut is that footage in the Sun is a coincidence, it could literally be anyone. It’s still busy down Newland Ave at that time of night.

Oh I am the same- and if my ex ever went missing, they would have a field day pinning it on me with my hobbies of this forum and my extensive collection of true crime literature....
I've searched Wellesley Avenue, Beresford etc so often on Google Maps and searched Libby's name so many times I'm surprised I've not been arrested myself lol.

Honestly I’ve been waiting to have something of use to add that you didn’t already have, but this morning I thought ‘stuff it!’

It’s feeling eerily business as usual, but there is a heavy police presence.

Well where the heck have you been all week? Pick up your camera and get your coat on, we've got plenty of reconnaissance missions for you...

Just kidding of course, welcome!! What's the word on the street round your way, is everyone still talking about it?

Potentially silly question... I know they've had 72 hours to question him by tonight, but how much time do they actually spend questioning him? Does he just get time to eat, sleep etc and then all the rest of the time he's in a room being questioned? Or do they only ask him stuff for an hour or so at a time? I don't know how anything like that works.

In my experience the police have to be very careful with people held in custody, providing regular comfort breaks, allowing overnight sleep, food breaks etc which can take up a good portion of the time. I think it must be to ensure they do not get accused of unsafe convictions Etc. Typically There’s a lot of intense interviewing but then the police will let the accused go back to a holding cell and stew for a few hours while they pursue other lines of enquiry. They have to be quite thorough and got lots of questions to them in the interviews even when faced with ‘no comment’ as the transcripts can be used as trial evidence.
In this case we’d have to factor in as well all the travel time and availability of solicitors and interpreters which can also slow things down.

I drove her route a few times last night. Do you know what struck me? The sheer amount of silver, Astra sized cars. We really like our silver cars in Hull apparently. My gut is that footage in the Sun is a coincidence, it could literally be anyone. It’s still busy down Newland Ave at that time of night.

Hey fellow traveller. I'm in east Hull but not that far over the river, only about a 5 minute drive in the other direction. I know that area quite well too. Often go shopping and cycling around there, and used to walk my dog in Oak Road Park quite often, and along the river bank. :)

I feel the same about The Sun cctv

The car is facing away from the bollards which are literally a few metres away. Meaning he was definitely not coming from that direction, he would have had to access from Cottingham road, drive all the way around to the bollards and turn around in what is a very narrow street, then park up. This action is deliberate.
He has seen her on the bench, driven down a road and into a dead end street which would take approx 5 mins from where he would have seen Libby on the bench, deliberately parked away from the main road to be out of sight. Those residents that night must have seen or heard something, the clues to the who or what is put/gets into the car lies with them. That time of night in a narrow terraced house street, this would have been noticed.
...and not only that, we know there was already one car parked even further back, so it would have been quite difficult for the suspect to have turned his car around at the end of that dead end in order to be facing the way it is in the cctv, assuming the other car was already there when the suspect arrived in his vehicle.

I cant help but think thst its unlikely libby will be found. If the person arrested is gulity of harming Libby he had plently of time to cover his tracks. In the samantha eastwood case they were pretty much on to Stirling straightaway yet they only found her body after he led them to under whilst on bail

I think she will be found, although as time passes and the body breaks down...

I am worried, given the person in custody's occupation, that if he is the perp, he will have some knowledge of dismembering.

I hope there is some conclusion tonight to either count him out, or render him the prime suspect.

HullLive has a photo of police guarding the entrance to the tenfoot. It is gated though. How would anyone have got down there if the gates were closed?

Updates on ninth day of search for missing Libby Squire

I've lived in places that have had closed gates leading to communal area's and residents had a key - it was an FB1 key I think which are the most commonly used in communal areas & cost about a fiver to buy from a key cutting place, they are generic keys - Also I've lived in other places where gates like that have been left open - it could the police have now closed it to prevent any access

...and not only that, we know there was already one car parked even further back, so it would have been quite difficult for the suspect to have turned his car around at the end of that dead end in order to be facing the way it is in the cctv, assuming the other car was already there when the suspect arrived in his vehicle.
Not sure it would be particularly difficult, looks plenty of room to make a 3-point turn using the entrance to the gates directly next to where he’s parked.

Has anyone considered that Pawel and Libby already knew each other?

Yes, I commented days ago on that. But as little to go on as anything else really still at this stage - along with the possibility that she was planning/hoping to see someone at the bench and why she went there.

I think she will be found, although as time passes and the body breaks down...

I am worried, given the person in custody's occupation, that if he is the perp, he will have some knowledge of dismembering.

I hope there is some conclusion tonight to either count him out, or render him the prime suspect.

I'm not taking the term butcher literally, I'm assuming no slaughtering takes place on the premises , would they even have the carcusses?

A 24 hour factory wouldn't have solely butchers employed there would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192