Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Libby’s home : how can you get to the back of her house , does it have a garden , is there access from the back or is there a side gate to garden at the front ?

Just thinking if she coherent enough to tell him she was locked out (if we think she’d lost her key) would he offer to try and help her get in her house through a back window ?

‘A police officer is guarding a tenfoot between Wellesley Avenue and Ormonde Avenue. It’s thought officers are probing storage units down there.’
Updates on ninth day of search for missing Libby Squire

Are storage units on a tenfoot assigned to a house, like a garage?
Or are they just storage units that anyone can rent or buy?

To me looks like they are sheds, garages at the rear end of the gardens in Claremont.. Then there appears access to this area by a tarmac lane that has fencing and big gates for access. Going further back from the gardens, tarmac lane seems to be leading to Oak park area.
Someone more local will help out, but that is what I gather from google maps.

I'm not clear exactly which house the Heathcote neighbour lives in, nor what number Wellesley Avenue Libby's house is, but on google maps, depending on their house numbers they could be quite close by. I know you said 100m, but I'm just saying I'm not too familiar with the exact locations, so not as clear about what could/couldn't be heard etc.

This is the house most news sites had a photograph of (overgrown privet hedge obscuring the window in more recent Streetview pics) so it would make it number 32.

"Those residents that night must have seen or heard something, the clues to the who or what is put/gets into the car lies with them. That time of night in a narrow terraced house street, this would have been noticed."

Yes...which is why they publicised the CCTV desperate for the car or cyclists to come forward quickly while he is being held
I was referring to the actual residents. Knowing the area, it's such a tight spot it would be impossible not to see or hear anything he did especially that time of night. The car passing would have to be either a resident or someone visiting a resident literally feet away from where he had parked/walked. So,knowing the police have questioned the residents they must have been given info.

Humberside Police's Detective Superintendent Matt Hutchinson told ITV News: 'There have been 100s of hours of CCTV footage viewed as part of our investigation into the disappearance of Libby Squire.

'There are various lines of enquiry we have investigated and are following up in connection to CCTV footage.

'While we currently have a man in custody and proceedings are active, we are unable to provide any further comment in regards to the nature of any footage so not to prejudice any potential further proceedings.'

As part of their ongoing investigation, police arrested PR [abridged] although he is not thought to be the man in the CCTV footage.

Police search road of Polish butcher, 24, in hunt for Libby Squire, 21

This is the house most news sites had a photograph of (overgrown privet hedge obscuring the window in more recent Streetview pics) so it would make it number 32.
Thanks, Kolumbo. So the Heathcote neighbour's house can't back onto Libby's house by the looks of things.

Libby’s home : how can you get to the back of her house , does it have a garden , is there access from the back or is there a side gate to garden at the front ?

Just thinking if she coherent enough to tell him she was locked out (if we think she’d lost her key) would he offer to try and help her get in her house through a back window ?

Good point !

Humberside Police's Detective Superintendent Matt Hutchinson told ITV News: 'There have been 100s of hours of CCTV footage viewed as part of our investigation into the disappearance of Libby Squire.

'There are various lines of enquiry we have investigated and are following up in connection to CCTV footage.

'While we currently have a man in custody and proceedings are active, we are unable to provide any further comment in regards to the nature of any footage so not to prejudice any potential further proceedings.'

As part of their ongoing investigation, police arrested PR [abridged] although he is not thought to be the man in the CCTV footage.

This sounds very strange.

And we know that a house was searched in that street, including the freezer, so does the man in the CCTV live there? I wonder if he knew Libby? It certainly looks like a woman with long dark hair to me in the car.

Also, men (plural) were heard mummering, from the screams witness, so.... could there have been two of them?

I see in one of the photos of PR that he is stood with gloves on in the gym bearing the Exercise4Less "4" logo down Clough Road. Do we know if this is the gym that Libby used? It seems likely; if memory serves it's both the closest and probably one of the cheapest in the area. If so, is it likely that they did at least faintly recognise one another from there?

Sorry, sorry, but too many posts to search - the poster who said her daughter lived in the road same as CCTV... when did they search her daughter's house please?

I STILL can't understand why- the bench she was on was .2 miles (give or take) from her house... a 2 minute walk. So why would anyone DRIVE her there? SatNav mentions driving her HOME- sure you would walk her there no?

Looking on it as a good samaritan act ( which I dont think it was at all ) then perhaps the driver would think that LS was not capable of walking that distance without him having to support her physically. So would be easier to put her in the car. And add to that, to help her warm up after about an hour or so outside in the very cold temps.

And...slightly off topic, but true story. Some neighbours, same street I live on ( ex neighbours now thank goodness ) used to drive their children to school every day ( and pick them up ).
The walk from their house was about 1 minute approx, even less at a brisk pace.

I've been debating that with someone on Twitter. I would have thought the police released an edited version to the press, but perhaps I'm naive.

I think that if the police were releasing it, they'd have released it to all media outlets. ITV News made a point of saying "This CCTV footage, obtained exclusively by ITV News, captures activity around a car in Hull minutes before Libby Squire was last seen." (BBM). I don't think this had anything to do with the police. ITV News on Twitter

I've been debating that with someone on Twitter. I would have thought the police released an edited version to the press, but perhaps I'm naive.[/QUOTE

Yes I get that but was it only the press that releases it , I’m thinking surely the Police would have released an actual statement themselves with the edited version , I just wanted to see writing with it that actually came from the Police rather than the press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neiljohnsavage