Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm wondering if they don't have anything solid on him yet whether they would drop the abduction charge then re-arrest him (without letting him go) on e.g. suspicion of murder which would then give them another 72/96 hours more to find her or more solid evidence etc?

With Police now issuing statements about the arrest process and how long they can hold him is making me wonder.

.the time limits exist for good reason

The courts don't allow the police to game the system

I do get that, but if Police have a solid case why no charge yet? Also the seemingly repeated searches in the same places is not instilling confidence.

Hope I'm wrong and Police really have a solid case.

No body no charge

I am guessing they have no proof of death

Question whether they will charge him with abduction as a stop gap

beverley and barmston drain hull - Google Search

Images of the drain system- it looks small, narrow and murky. BUT very close to her accommodation.

Am I the only one on google maps street view stalking the routes around a town I've never been to?
I've searched Wellesley Avenue, Beresford etc so often on Google Maps and searched Libby's name so many times I'm surprised I've not been arrested myself lol.

If that is correct then that says to me the Police had nothing to go on, so let him go early as knew the press would hound him (a potential innocent man).
I saw the conversation myself but it was in Polish and translated as “a brother on the loose” but in Polish apparently it meant he’s been released

I’ve been a lurker on Websleuths for many years and have been following this case. Thought it was about time I signed up properly with this being so close to home - I live on Marlborough Avenue, less than a 5 min drive from Raglan Street. Thought I might have something to offer in terms of local knowledge.

People are feeling very anxious here at the moment understandably.

Oh and a ten-foot is a Humberside term, all the houses on our road and many close by have a ten foot behind to access gardens/garages etc.

No body no charge

And they have taken his car apart looking for blood or other biological fluids that would indicate a crime and must not have found anything.

Am I the only one on google maps street view stalking the routes around a town I've never been to?

I've searched Wellesley Avenue, Beresford etc so often on Google Maps and searched Libby's name so many times I'm surprised I've not been arrested myself lol.

I feel like I practically live there.

It's weird when you get so familiar with a place from searching maps and google earth. I went down to where Megan Roberts went missing in York (just happened to be there, wasn't a special trip) and it felt really quite eerie knowing I was walking her last steps.

Oh I am the same- and if my ex ever went missing, they would have a field day pinning it on me with my hobbies of this forum and my extensive collection of true crime literature....

No body no charge

Just to add to this. Mentioned this yest.

As soon as they do charge someone, they can’t question them further. So if they still haven’t found Libby, they can’t question to her whereabouts once a charge is brought as it would be in the hands of the court. Obviously the main goal for the police just now is bringing her home to her family.

We seen it in the Becky Watt’s case. They found evidence in the house pretty early on that there was foul play and enough for a charge but because they didn’t know where she was, they took the maximum questioning time to try locate her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw