Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Harmony. Been waiting since 9am for the thread to open but now I've forgotten what I was going to say!

Anyway, police still searching playing fields and most of the new articles in the media are just a rehash of what we already know.

Me too! I think we need to operate on UK GMT time on this case as it is a UK case and many of us are from here I think. And of course updates from police and press are centred around our time zone which is way ahead of US. Is it possible for mods to address this if thread needs to close overnight?

God I hope not.

In a hypothetical scenario where Libby was taken there in a car, raped, strangled and thrown in the river, how much evidence would there actually be?
Assuming the assault didn't take place in the car, and no blood was shed by either person during the struggle, and she was either pushed or thrown into the river, and there's no CCTV of the park or pond... Plus the fact it's been over a week, torrential wind, rain, snow and ice since then... Unfortunately there is probably little to no evidence whatsoever, or if there was at first, it's probably long gone due to the weather since then.

Storm Erik has hit too, meaning more rain and strong winds to boost the river’s current.

I only mentioned size of the trainers as it may indicate if they were women's or men's shoes. I doubt the trainers have anything to do with it anyway. Odd that a dog walker found them rather than the police though.

Afternoon everyone.

It seems to me the Police searches in/around Oak Road playing fields are looking for items rather than Libby. Could the suspect be saying he wasn't/has never been there and the Police are looking for anything to contradict this so they can charge or at least cause him to speak?

I just have a bad feel Police have nothing to connect him to that area and believe Libby might have been swept out to sea by now?

Just my opinion but the fact the suspect nor his wife (assuming she knew he'd met Libby that night) never got in touch with the police when there's absolutely no way they'd not heard about her disappearance by that point just screams guilt to me. JMO.

If the man in custody killed Libby, he didn't necessarily dispose of her body immediately. He could have put her in the boot of his car overnight and then taken it somewhere much further afield. It worries me that he works somewhere where, I assume, large volumes of organic matter is destroyed.

So are we thinking the person currently in custody is innocent because of the extension or guilty? I find myself leaning towards the former because they haven’t located Libby yet. He might need to be a bit of a mastermind if this is his first offence and Libby is this well concealed. I’m still struggling to find a link between the two. The only things I can see are that the additional info Libby’s parents released this week specifies that she loves the gym and MSM has referred to the accused as a “gym lover”. Also, the martial arts club that he attends use the playing fields being searched by police for training - although I’m sure many other sports clubs locally do too. Also, nothing to suggest Libby and P. attend the same gym.

Hard to say. I mean, he looks like a decent lad, but looks count for nothing. We don't know his mental state, or what all that butchery might have done to him! I do think it unfortunate if he does transpire to be innocent, that his name has been banded about so much by the press and online that he will still be SEEN as guilty by many. The police obviously have not enough yet to make an out and out charge. He may have been complicit even, but not the actual perpetrator. Still more to revealed here.

Afternoon everyone.

It seems to me the Police searches in/around Oak Road playing fields are looking for items rather than Libby. Could the suspect be saying he wasn't/has never been there and the Police are looking for anything to contradict this so they can charge or at least cause him to speak?

I just have a bad feel Police have nothing to connect him to that area and believe Libby might have been swept out to sea by now?

the police must surely have something on him, the courts dont just give extensions on a hunch ? JMO

Afternoon everyone.

I agree, it just seems like they would have found a body there by now so must be looking for something very small.

Really want to know who/what led the police to believe suspect is involved. Frustrates me that it took a pretty much a week to make an arrest. I'm assuming they didn't figure it out from CCTV which leads me to believe someone tipped them off - but who, when everyone in the MSM seems to be going on about how he's such a great guy?

the police must surely have something on him, the courts dont just give extensions on a hunch ? JMO

Honestly I'm not sure of the rules of extending questioning but I read earlier the Superintendent did the first 12 hour extension so don't even need a judge!

It will be interesting which way Police go re: charging or not if they have nothing solid on him. Releasing him under investigation is probably something they want to avoid now if they are convinced of his guilt.

If the man in custody killed Libby, he didn't necessarily dispose of her body immediately. He could have put her in the boot of his car overnight and then taken it somewhere much further afield. It worries me that he works somewhere where, I assume, large volumes of organic matter is destroyed.

That’s a good point the question is was she still alive before he decided to depose of her? he could not have taken her back to his house because his wife would have been there and if she was alive in the boot of his she would have made too much noise

Honestly I'm not sure of the rules of extending questioning but I read earlier the Superintendent did the first 12 hour extension so don't even need a judge!

It will be interesting which way Police go re: charging or not if they have nothing solid on him. Releasing him under investigation is probably something they want to avoid now if they are convinced of his guilt.
Could the fact that he admits she was in his car be enough to be granted the extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member