Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Harmony. Been waiting since 9am for the thread to open but now I've forgotten what I was going to say!

Anyway, police still searching playing fields and most of the new articles in the media are just a rehash of what we already know.

Missing Libby updates as search in eighth day and suspect quizzed

So the police have clarified that there was NOT a white tent erected yesterday at Beresford Park, even though yesterday evening a police spokesperson confirmed there had been.

"Following unsubstantiated reports that there were “white tents” on Oak Road fields, the police have confirmed this is not true."

I don't know what happened overnight but it spoilt it for those who have been awake for HOURS and not been able to post.

Please re-read the rules.
Think before you post.
Learn when to stop.

I posted the following on the last thread but did not expect it to happen while the investigation is still ongoing and busy!!

If we don't get answers soon, next up will be outlandish theories, a bit of in-thread bickering, a few mod warnings and lots of collective sighing.

So are we thinking the person currently in custody is innocent because of the extension or guilty? I find myself leaning towards the former because they haven’t located Libby yet. He might need to be a bit of a mastermind if this is his first offence and Libby is this well concealed. I’m still struggling to find a link between the two. The only things I can see are that the additional info Libby’s parents released this week specifies that she loves the gym and MSM has referred to the accused as a “gym lover”. Also, the martial arts club that he attends use the playing fields being searched by police for training - although I’m sure many other sports clubs locally do too. Also, nothing to suggest Libby and P. attend the same gym.

Last edited by a moderator:
So are we thinking the person currently in custody is innocent because of the extension or guilty? I find myself leaning towards the former because they haven’t located Libby yet. He might need to be a bit of a mastermind if this is his first offence and Libby is this well concealed. I’m still struggling to find a link between the two. The only things I can see are that the additional info Libby’s parents released this week specifies that she loves the gym and MSM has reffered to the accused as a “gym lover”. Also, the martial arts club that he attends use the playing fields being searched by police for training - although I’m sure many other sports clubs locally do too. Also, nothing to suggest Libby and P. attend the same gym.
There does not have to be a previous connection with murder, some are just random.

Extensions are normal in murder cases, they allow time for forensics to come back etc.

So are we thinking the person currently in custody is innocent because of the extension or guilty? I find myself leaning towards the former because they haven’t located Libby yet. He might need to be a bit of a mastermind if this is his first offence and Libby is this well concealed. I’m still struggling to find a link between the two. The only things I can see are that the additional info Libby’s parents released this week specifies that she loves the gym and MSM has reffered to the accused as a “gym lover”. Also, the martial arts club that he attends use the playing fields being searched by police for training - although I’m sure many other sports clubs locally do too. Also, nothing to suggest Libby and P. attend the same gym.
Does there need to be a link, though?

I mean, I am wondering if it's all s big mistake, but for him to be guilty, he needn't have known her.

Humberside Police
@Humberbeat
Det Supt Matt Hutchinson: “I can confirm that the court has granted a further 36hrs from 9:11am this morning to question a man on suspicion of abduction in connection with the Libby Squire investigation. A 12hr superintendent’s extension was granted last night from 9pm-9am today"

"11:53
Pond search begins
Search teams, who have trawled through the brambles, are now heading towards the pond"

"12:02
Dog walker's hound finds pair of trainers
Max, an eager-nosed Alsatian found a pair of trainers by a metal container near the pond at Oak Road playing fields.
Speaking at the scene, the dog owner said: “He just stopped and was looking at something and I knew it wasn’t a squirrel.”
Adding: “It might be nothing but you never know.”"

"12:04
Evidence collected in red bag
Our reporter at the scene says officers are picking up evidence in a red bag close to a section of brambles."

"13:38 KEY EVENT
No further arrests
Police are continuing to question one man on suspicion of abducting Libby Squire, 21.
Detectives were this morning granted a further 36 hours to question him - which you can read about here.
Police have told us there have been no further arrests."

"13:51
Police remain in Raglan Street
This is the current scene in Raglan Street, west Hull as an officer remains stationed at the house where a man was arrested on Wednesday evening."

Missing Libby updates as search in eighth day and suspect quizzed

There has been a pair of Nike trainers found in the playing fields this morning. Not sure yet whether connected to Libby. See video 12:21 on link below.

This page is generally a good, reliable update and I'd recommend you all read it to refresh your memories:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/live-libby-squire-update-hull-2496041
Yes, I second the hulldailymail.co.uk as a great source and their FB Hull Live gives a good view of local responses.

Re: Trainers:
Not sure the white trainers would have been something that Libby would have worn with the rest of her outfit but they could have been the perp’s or have come from the boot of a perp’s car if things were being moved around.

Just remember, they might not even be linked at all, you'd be there forever trying to find a link currently when all SM media profiles are locked down. The only link available is he stopped to check and her according to his sister she got in the car. Thats all we know, rest is guessing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist