Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With such a heavy focus on the playing fields, is it too unreasonable to presume she could have been dumped/fallen into the river Hull and carried out to sea? At that point there's little hope of finding a body and would explain why the police are focusing there but still have yet to find anything. Plus, if she didn't have her phone or keys on her, what else is there to find except a body? She must have been linked to the fields somehow for them to keep checking there no?

Bit of a morbid first comment but wanted to get other peoples thoughts.

Simple answer would be shoes.

Whenever there is any impact with body in any way, running, jumping, falling, being attacked, body being dragged etc shoes are always first to fall off. Hence that is why so many bodies are found without shoes. Finding one, would be significant.

Other things they could find - her leather jacket, her long sleeve shirt or her black mini skirt.

On another note, does anyone know if that park is accesible by car, apart of nearby car park outside? Is there road for cars anywhere through the park close to that pond/lake searched or river Hull? On the map both river and lake seems quite far from any roads and for some reason I doubt from the state she was in as they described her that she would be physically capable walking or even running through all that big park to the pond or river.

That’s so much clearer now , yes she does look more wobbly now and in the extra bit at start

Agree she looks more incapable/vulnerable than in the earlier blurry version they released. Over-correcting as she walks, then first being heavily supported as she waits, then pulled along by the arm as they exit. Clearer too she's with a female pal at the end, who is on the phone, who then reassures the big guy in the yellowish coat in the queue that "I got this" or some equivalent as they pass.

Oh dear, have been there, on both sides of that situation. Poor girl. Hate to think of her in her wobbly state attracting a predator.

She definitely looks pretty drunk in the clearer CCTV footage. I notice when she walks she's almost kicking her legs out, I recognise it as I do the same when I've had a bit too much to drink.

It is the veering that gives her away- she pans to the right- motor skills off kilter.

Yes you see correct. I can identify that car after zooming into it and slowing the video down even more from youtube.

The is a Vauxhall Astra 5 door for certain.
I wonder if the police already know this car keeps popping up in these cctv clips but they just can’t find anything definitive to tie PR to Libby. Rhetorical question really.
One thing’s certain..that Astra & its driver is everywhere she is, it’s adding more to my theory that he was stalking her.

Yes you see correct. I can identify that car after zooming into it and slowing the video down even more from youtube.

The is a Vauxhall Astra 5 door for certain.

I wonder if the police already know this car keeps popping up in these cctv clips but they just can’t find anything definitive to tie PR to Libby. Rhetorical question really.
One things certain..that Astra & it’s driver is everywhere she is, it’s adding more to my theory that he was stalking her.

Very spooky. I mean, it could just be a coincidence that a silver Astra passes. The other option is too sinister to think about

Friend Amelia Cummins spoke to the press as she put Libby into the taxi. Maybe she wasn't sure of the time, maybe Libby said she was fine or was a bit pissed off at having to leave and was abrupt and the friend got annoyed too. Taxi driver isn't a suspect so I don't think the departure time from the club is important. It's what happened after Libby got home. And I don't see her mother being 'bombastic', she was responding in writing to a query on Facebook.

Friend Lauren Goodman said Libby always let someone know she was safely home; this suggests Libby has previously gone home on her own, though we don't know if that was her being sensible/bored/drunk.

The Police had originally said she had been dropped of 'near her home'.

Libby Squire: mother says Hull student made it home before going missing
Police had previously suggested the 21-year-old had got out of a late-night cab close to her student home in Hull.

But in a Facebook post, her mother, nursery worker Lisa Squire, said her daughter – who had been on a night out with friends – had arrived back at the house before her disappearance.

She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home … simple*,” she wrote.

She was responding to a post asking why Libby “got out of taxi before getting home”.

So the order of events is;
1 - The Police say she got out the taxi near her home.
2 - people ask on FB why did Libby get out of the taxi near and not outside her home.
3 - Her mother responds on FB with - “She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home … simple*,”
4 - The Police amend their story to align with the mother and concur she got out outside her home.

I find the statement from the mother to be full of bombast! Why was she so certain? Why did she state this on day 3?

Did she learn this info from the Police and let it out when she wasn't supposed to?

Why was her mum so sure apparently BEFORE the Police that she made it to her front door?

The departure from the club is very important. It tells us a lot. If she had left at 11:00 and got home at 11:29 HUGE questions - that has been answered.

Was she drunk or just slipping on ice? To me she looks hammered.

Did she go to meet someone? The information gained from her being turned away rules a lot out and answers a lot of questions.

From the video we've just seen, I'm more confident that she did not deliberately go to meet someone, and was possibly preyed on because of the state she was in.

Did she have her phone with her at the Welly club?

Wow photo 4 ‘ Libby is wearing a black dress’ we know she’s in a mini skirt so you can just see how reporting is wrong all the time and we are picking apart looking for clues in every sentance published when they can’t even get basic facts right

Libby Squire's last confirmed sighting caught on CCTV as she stumbles towards Hull nightclub | Daily Mail Online
It's important to remember this- we are parsing every word of every news report but perhaps only half of those reports are factually correct. In any event we don't really know how correct they are. We have almost no solid evidence of anything in this case except Libby isn't where she is supposed to be, we don't know why, she was on a bench, and police are looking at this one guy. The video is grainy and doesn't show anything definitive about a crime being committed.

I thought the rule was that you CANT record public roads, at least that's what the police told me when I had a burglary and I was asking neighbours if anyone had CCTV

We've got CCTV all over the outside of our house. The Police said so long as we aren't pointing in anyones windows and no one complains we have every right.

The Police had originally said she had been dropped of 'near her home'.

So the order of events is;
1 - The Police say she got out the taxi near her home.
2 - people ask on FB why did Libby get out of the taxi near and not outside her home.
3 - Her mother responds on FB with - “She got out of the taxi at her house. She was home … simple*,”
4 - The Police amend their story to align with the mother and concur she got out outside her home.

I find the statement from the mother to be full of bombast! Why was she so certain? Why did she state this on day 3?

Did she learn this info from the Police and let it out when she wasn't supposed to?

Why was her mum so sure apparently BEFORE the Police that she made it to her front door?

The departure from the club is very important. It tells us a lot. If she had left at 11:00 and got home at 11:29 HUGE questions - that has been answered.

Was she drunk or just slipping on ice? To me she looks hammered.

Did she go to meet someone? The information gained from her being turned away rules a lot out and answers a lot of questions.

From the video we've just seen, I'm more confident that she did not deliberately go to meet someone, and was possibly preyed on because of the state she was in.

Did she have her phone with her at the Welly club?

Hammered agreed. She didn't take her phone out with her.

One thing’s certain..that Astra & its driver is everywhere she is, it’s adding more to my theory that he was stalking her.

Hmm, I wouldn't say it's certain. In a previous thread, someone said that they had driven in the area and that there were a lot of similar cars.

Decemberstars
I drove her route a few times last night. Do you know what struck me? The sheer amount of silver, Astra sized cars. We really like our silver cars in Hull apparently.

Much clearer, and there’s a bit of additional footage at the start. Thanks!

Would recommend everyone goes and has a look.

Towards the end of the video, she certainly seems in a bit of a state.

And that looks very much like
She looks drunk, plain and simple.

I didn't think she looked too bad when I first looked but when viewing again I changed my mind.

A couple of years ago I did some photos around that area;

13483240_10154294563559993_7748591672719713483_o.jpg

13529084_10154294564024993_1222550948434073364_n.jpg

13524382_10154294565409993_3074796622984289796_n.jpg

13517597_10154294593964993_3844895791390816018_o.jpg

13482849_10154294562224993_8307012561544772444_o.jpg

That last photo, as a schoolboy in the 80s I have changed in those huts for a competitive game of footy for real!

I don't want to spam your thread with useless info, but I'm happy to provide background and detail on this area of Hull if Google maps isn't quite enough.

This park is still big with kids and local dog walkers, it hasn't quite taken the seedy side like other parks around Hull have.

Easy access to the river, as this collection of rundown buildings is around the old boathouse, which has wooden long steps going down the muddy bank. Areas of Beresford Park has that abandoned feel, but it has a very high footfall from the locals; it has a skate park which is very popular; the pond they have been searching is a fishing pond, which is surrounded by a ring of trees bushes and scrub acting as wildlife patches, and has dozens of little jetties around it. They have well attended fairs around this pond, and this pond is always busy and popular during the summer -snipped bm

If you follow the river bank to the south, past the big wind turbine, there is a footpath that can get a little hairy that makes it to the road bridge at Ferry Lane. It just squeezes in between the back wall of the industry backing onto the river, mainly car wreckers, and the river.

The main point about this park is that it is easy access, it has multiple points of access and has very little boundary fencing. When it is locked at night it is only a road gate to keep cars out, there is no real way to shut this park, it is open on all sides and just merges into its surroundings. Only around the wind turbine is there secure fencing. And there are lots of small entrances too.

Thank you for such an informative post. Always such a help to have local input. You mention the park is locked at night - by the gate to the car park I assume??
Is there any other way a car could drive into the park once those gates are locked? TIA

Very spooky. I mean, it could just be a coincidence that a silver Astra passes. The other option is too sinister to think about
I don’t think it’s coincidence and you’re right it is VERY sinister.
Thinking out loud (I probably shouldn’t! ;)) how did that car drive past at that moment. Had she not been as drunk she’d have been inside minutes before. Wow! That makes me cold...maybe it was just too perfect an opportunity to pass up for a very sinister individual :(

It does seem a little odd that if the current police line is that there could be something in the brambles that they aren’t starting till late morning and finishing mid afternoon when still light ..... let’s see if they are there tomorrow and for what hours

Is there anyone techie on here that knows anything about retrieving mobile phone data? What if PR disposed of his mobile phone and said it was lost prior to arrest in order to prevent LE finding incriminating data on it? With the phone and sim missing, how much information could be traced through his mobile account and how long would that process take? Could that be something that is being waited for or searched for? In fact the same goes for if Libby was carrying a spare back up phone.

My daughter died suddenly last April and wasn't found for 8 hours despite me being in the house. I assumed she'd left and didn't see her under her duvet on the floor. Was texting and trying to ring her all afternoon so the cops took both her phone and mine. Later the Coroner's officer told me they needn't have even taken mine as they could have got everything, even the texts, from my provider within a few days.

I don’t think it’s coincidence and you’re right it is VERY sinister.
Thinking out loud (I probably shouldn’t! ;)) how did that car drive past at that moment. Had she not been as drunk she’d have been inside minutes before. Wow! That makes me cold...maybe it was just too perfect an opportunity to pass up for a very sinister individual :(

There's likely more than one silver 5 door Astra in the area. Could be totally coincidental that one passes at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist