Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #5 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live around 45 minutes away but unfortunately I can't get through until the weekend when I'm not at work! I'm praying she will have been found by then though!

Last edited:
Something a bit off about what Ps sister says to the MSM - she says he gave her (LS) a lift home and put her address into a satnav. So why would she accept a lift home when she clearly didn't want to go home (or couldn't get in the house) and only a few minutes before refused another offer? IF Libby did take a lift anywhere with P as has been theorised, then surely it would NOT have been home? You'd have thought maybe she would have asked to go back to the Welly or to another friends house?

Another thing - given the evidence of her self harm, it's possible she could have been on some medications (like antidepressants) which can interact with alcohol. Sometimes a drowsiness can kick in later on even if you feel fine when you've started drinking. Just a thought.

I’m wondering where MSM are getting these quotes from family though and where the family are getting their information. Did he tell his mother and sister that tale prior to his arrest? Because he’s only allowed one phone call right? Or are they hearing it via his wife, because he told her right away when he came home that night / early hours. Or told her as he was being arrested?

I saw his mother quoted as saying she couldn’t afford his £2K bail bond yesterday. As far as I’m aware his solicitor did not request bail. So where is his mother getting this information from?

Lots of Chinese whispers.

They are only allowed to detain and question him for 96 hours. After that it up to the Police and the CPS to build a case against him. If they have enough evidence or are confident that potential evidence that is being analysed will prove their case they will charge him.

An abduction arrest is often used as a precursor to murder or manslaughter when a body has not been found. They do of course need to have good reason to believe the suspect has abducted the person, they can't just guess or suppose and arrest anyone.
Very helpful - thank you

Im surprised they’re back searching the pond. A few days ago I seen photos of police wading through it on their feet, it’s surprisingly shallow. It seems the searching they’re doing is perhaps based on looking for a particular item belonging to LS. A shoe, her purse, something along those lines, to prove she was there.

In the Hull Daily mail someone was quoted as seeing divers 'up to their necks' in the pond before, so I think you're right they must be looking for possessions or a weapon.
The pond is near the abandoned buildings and brambles they were searching and cutting down too.

Something a bit off about what Ps sister says to the MSM - she says he gave her (LS) a lift home and put her address into a satnav. So why would she accept a lift home when she clearly didn't want to go home (or couldn't get in the house) and only a few minutes before refused another offer? IF Libby did take a lift anywhere with P as has been theorised, then surely it would NOT have been home? You'd have thought maybe she would have asked to go back to the Welly or to another friends house?

Another thing - given the evidence of her self harm, it's possible she could have been on some medications (like antidepressants) which can interact with alcohol. Sometimes a drowsiness can kick in later on even if you feel fine when you've started drinking. Just a thought.
The address in the Sat Nav thing is odd.

We've seen where he lives.

He's been charged with public masturbation on her street.

He's been charged with various burglaries in the same area.

It would seem he is very familiar with the local area.

Why would he need to enter her details into the Sat Nav when he was just around the corner?

If the quote from his sister is accurate, it sounds more like PR trying to explain why her address would be in his Sat Nav.

Most people would use an address in a Sat Nav when they are much further away. So why would it be there?

I always find this strange although I know this is what they claim happened. If you were expecting your friend to send a text when she got home at approx 11.30 and she didn’t send a text in the next 3 hours- I would worry before then and certainly would have been ringing and ringing to get in touch (knowing her phone was left at home). After an hour or so of not being able to get in touch, I think I would have headed home early to see where she was. Not suggesting anything- I just find the reports of what the friends did very strange.

I guess that if the worst has happened it’s so unthinkable, that whilst her friends said ‘text when you’re home’ and LS in her drunken state agreed she would, them not hearing from her might have been met with ‘oh she’s probably out for the count in bed drunk’. Your mind would not connect the dots to worse case scenario until you come home and find her bed unslept in. Then you would begin to get much more concerned.

There are two main car entrances.

One is right at the top North end of the park on Beverley road itself, #1 on the map pic.

The second entrance is at the end of Beresford Avenue, you can follow it on Google maps.

They both have parking and changing rooms.

You can still get to the park grounds (on foot) by going down Oak Road between Smyths Toys and Mecca Bingo. Park the car at the fence and bollard there and drag the person from the car. It would take a huge set of balls to do it though being as the Police station is very nearby

There's a house across the street on beverley road, I think it's possibly flats, maybe student accommodation, anyhow it is covered by 2 CCTV cameras, one points left one points right, I think there's a good chance these would have picked up some footage, there's also a shop with CCTV next to the bookies that looks like it could point in that direction, there's a few other cameras on some buildings but most look like they cover doorways and not much else, I'm guessing the police would have recovered some good evidence from these cameras,

Then there's the bus, eyms have cameras on all buses that record in front and behind the vehicle as well as inside:
The x46 passes bench side around 11:47
Obviously if she crossed the road at some point then she could have been picked up from a bus traveling the opposite direction.
Another note is most of Beverley road operates a restricted bus lane, now I don't think it's is enforced at that time of night and I'm not sure how the cameras work on the bus lanes, are they turned of after restrictions end? Do they only pick up movement when something travels in the lane or is it constant?
I do know they are pretty quick at sending you a fine if you enter it, so I'm always careful when driving down beverley road.

That bus lane is only ever in operation 16:30-18:30. As far as I am aware the bus lane cameras can be utilised as CCTV if required. The thing in Hull is not all cameras are on all the time. This even applies to the speed cameras. For instance the one on Clough road is NEVER on - this is demonstrated by the absence of detection data for that location on the Safer Roads Humber website

I cant get away from the feeling that the driver that left first from Haworth is relevant here. Did the guy that left second simply clear up after him dumping whatever he found in his front seat?

The case itself is starting to resemble the Rachel Moran case from New Years Eve 2002/3 in that the girl seem to have just vanished in to thin air and the police are giving the impression they are struggling to make progress.

The address in the Sat Nav thing is odd.

We've seen where he lives.

He's been charged with public masturbation on her street.

He's been charged with various burglaries in the same area.

It would seem he is very familiar with the local area.

Why would he need to enter her details into the Sat Nav when he was just around the corner?

If the quote from his sister is accurate, it sounds more like PR trying to explain why her address would be in his Sat Nav.

Most people would use an address in a Sat Nav when they are much further away. So why would it be there?

Yep, all good questions.
I was just seeing what the postcode was for Oak Road Playing Fields to see if it sounded a little bit like LSs postcode. Maybe the language barrier might have been an issue? Maybe she mumbled and he heard wrong and put in the playing fields postcode. Hence the searches there? Who knows?!

His sister Paulina Szymanska, 28, said he had been helping a “crying girl” on the night Libby vanished.

“He was driving and he stopped because he noticed a girl crying,” she told The Telegraph. "She asked him to take her home, so he put her address into his sat nav, and wanted to do just that.”

Libby's name was not used in the quotes, it was the surrounding media content that said it was Libby:

https://www-dailystar-co-uk.cdn.amp...-news/758567/libby-squire-arrest-hull-missing

I live a 20 minute drive away, however I don't think residents will be happy with people snooping about, it's a rough area so I don't advise anyone going on their own especially if they are intending taking pics etc, it might seem silly but when I drive around this area I lock my car doors, I also joke that someone is going to nick the car wheels whenever I park up around there, I don't want to paint Hull in a bad light as it's not all bad and alot of the stuff that goes on near estates is probably the same for most cities.

(Edited for length)
But what if the screaming that was heard was him forcing her into the boot of the car, I doubt she would have got in there without a fight, then someone said they heard a bang, like a gate closing..maybe this was him slamming the boot shut.

I don't think he can have put her in the boot.

- If Libby was ever in there, he'd surely have been charged by now on DNA evidence;
- Banging gate and male voices are heard near junction Heathcote/Wellesley ('someone walking quite close past our house'); this is a residential area at a junction with houses on all sides, so not near the park - not impossible but seems crazy risky to try to bundle someone into a boot there.

But I think the crucial thing is they seem to have the spidercam car that Libby enters (I'm going with their shared 12.09 departure here), but don't appear to have found DNA in the boot. Even if they have found her DNA in the passenger side, and have crystal-clear footage of that, he could continue to maintain she went willingly - but not if it's in a boot.

I’m actually quite surprised the MSM have not done a bit more digging. Paid a work colleague or ex work colleague for an interview. More in-depth interviews with family. In fact I’m amazed the press haven’t paid the airfare for his mother to fly over (in exchange for her story of course). Usually a neighbour has something to say or previous partner. All very quiet on that front so far.

I feel there is something of a media blackout atm. Not much in way of appeals from police for more specific info , no press conferences and no interviews with friends or colleagues.
There is so much we have absolutely no idea about. I trust the truth will out but this reminds me of Corrie mckeague case and we might never know.

AGAIN?! They really think the clues are in that park, don't they? Why is that?

1. There is CCTV footage of them near or in the park?
2. The witness who heard dark and eerie screams has made the police believe an attack must have happened in the park?
3. PR has admitted being with Libby in the park?
4. They have found some sort of evidence in the park?

What else?
Im being drawn to certain lines of thinking....imho....

LE knows, from various footage, that LS has left the bench and has seated/been placed in the front passenger seat of the parked car that we know from cobweb cctv.

LE know, imho, this car belongs to PR, is the same car as was towed away from his home address. Also that it is PR in this bench/LS/passenger seat/Haworth scenario.

The trail from Haworth then leads them either directly or indirectly to the Park in a short time span.

The Park imho is the last place LE know LS has been sighted ( alone or with PR on cctv/witness or car entering with 2 leaving with PR only etc)

Tricky as to what has happened in park.

But imho...the car shows only what PR has claimed...that LS has at some point been in the Passenger seat. Nothing else.

Im becoming intrigued by an earlier post that questions the possibility of cctv showing PR's car or PR being seen elsewhere at the time/shortly after in a place you wouldnt expect by a perceived timeline of possible prolonged contact post-Haworth(cant find the post ...was last night)

Im being drawn to certain lines of thinking....imho....

LE knows, from various footage, that LS has left the bench and has seated/been placed in the front passenger seat of the parked car that we know from cobweb cctv.

LE know, imho, this car belongs to PR, is the same car as was towed away from his home address. Also that it is PR in this bench/LS/passenger seat/Haworth scenario.

The trail from Haworth then leads them either directly or indirectly to the Park in a short time span.

The Park imho is the last place LE know LS has been sighted ( alone or with PR on cctv/witness or car entering with 2 leaving with PR only etc)

Tricky as to what has happened in park.

But imho...the car shows only what PR has claimed...that LS has at some point been in the Passenger seat. Nothing else.

Im becoming intrigued by an earlier post that questions the possibility of cctv showing PR's car or PR being seen elsewhere at the time/shortly after in a place you wouldnt expect by a perceived timeline of possible prolonged contact post-Haworth(cant find the post ...was last night)
Me too, was it @cherryautumn that posted it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member