Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is going over old ground...

But can anyone give me a decent detailed breakdown of the screams and the running man? please, ta!

I know this is going over old ground...

But can anyone give me a decent detailed breakdown of the screams and the running man?

Male witness who lives in house overlooking fields: “I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes. “They sounded eerie, they sounded dark. Then I saw a male running."
Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

Same witness' father: "My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window. He said it sounded like she was moving. It was intermittent. The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather. He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back."
Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student

Male witness who lives in house overlooking fields: “I woke at about quarter past 12 and there was a scream. It sounded like a woman’s scream towards the back of the park, where the river bank and pond is. Then 30 seconds later there was another scream. She must have screamed seven or eight times. All of the screams had gaps between them. The screams must have gone on for about 15 minutes. “They sounded eerie, they sounded dark. Then I saw a male running."
Girl heard screaming in park just minutes after Libby Squire vanished

Same witness' father: "My son heard the screaming - he heard about six or seven screams - and he went to look out of the window. He said it sounded like she was moving. It was intermittent. The man he saw wasn't dressed for a night out. He wasn't dressed for the weather. He saw him running for around 40 yards, sprinting at times. He said he was on his own and he wasn’t looking back."
Libby Squire: Police examining CCTV footage which may show missing student
Thanks!

And what was Heatchcote? Was that screams also?

EDIT - ah got that from your timeline -

12:30
ish scream and banging gate heard from Heathcote St near Libbys house.

Thanks!

And what was Heatchcote? Was that screams also?

EDIT - ah got that from your timeline -

12:30
ish scream and banging gate heard from Heathcote St near Libbys house.

The concerned mum of two, who lives in nearby Heathcote Street near where it joins Wellesley Avenue, said: “We did hear screaming at 12.30 on Thursday night. “I was just in bed reading. We do get a lot of students who live in the road that Libby lives in who use this road as a cut through. “They go past screaming, shouting and singing. It’s not unusual. “But this made us sit up. It sounded like someone being attacked. The scream sounded like it was coming from someone who was scared. “It was someone walking quite close past our house. It was just one female scream. “Then we heard other voices muttering very low, murmuring and then more screams and more male voices. “Then we heard the slamming of a door. It sounded like a wooden door or a garden gate. “It was just very odd,” added the woman, a Hull University graduate whose dad is a retired policeman. “We didn’t think about it again until the police came round knocking on everybody’s doors on Saturday,” she recalled. “We talked about it and remembered the scream and rang 101.”“It was really shrill and urgent. It made me sit up and think ‘Oh my God’.
Libby Squire's neighbour claims to have heard a woman’s "blood curdling" scream

As far as hard forensics go we have;

A screwdriver, claw hammer and lip gloss - recovered from Beresford Ave/Bev Road bushes; we've seen forensics leaving with evidence bags from the park but no announcements about any findings?

Screwdriver, hammer and lip gloss found by police amid new sighting

A screwdriver, claw hammer and lip gloss have been taken away by crime scene investigators searching for missing Hull student Libby Squire .

The discovery was made this lunchtime around 40 yards from where the 21-year-old was last seen on Thursday at 11.45pm.

It comes as police, who are following up a "number of leads", revealed details of a potential new sighting of Libby at 12.05am on Friday.

A forensic officer in a white suit and mask arrived in the area and began carrying out a search in the undergrowth opposite the bench where she sat before she vanished .

It was while he looked in nearby bushes in the street that he recovered the objects nestled between leaves and put them in evidence bags.

It is also the street that leads to Libby's shared student digs. The lip gloss has ‘sexy mother pucker’ on its top.

Had the Police seen PR discard these objects form the car? It sounds like that one forensic officer was dressed and ready, turns up, goes straight to the bushes, finds significant items right away. Were forensics expecting to find something in there?

A screwdriver, claw hammer and lip gloss - recovered from Beresford Ave/Bev Road bushes; we've seen forensics leaving with evidence bags from the park but no announcements about any findings?

Had the Police seen PR discard these objects form the car? It sounds like that one forensic officer was dressed and ready, turns up, goes straight to the bushes, finds significant items right away. Were forensics expecting to find something in there?

Yes, having read that again it does seem like that was a very specific search process. Hmmm.... Isn't it unusual for forensics to be dressed like that just doing a random search? I think so

Yes, having read that again it does seem like that was a very specific search process. Hmmm.... Isn't it unusual for forensics to be dressed like that just doing a random search? I think so
Didn't someone phone the police to report someone acting suspiciously at that hedge?

I’m a taxi driver. It’s a difficult situation. In reality it’s easy to think he should have done more but the driver needs to protect himself too.
Imagine a young woman who takes his assistance the wrong way. Thinks he is trying it on when he is trying to help. She then makes a complaint. It’s his licence and job and family he has to lose. That’s the society we live in now.

I appreciate what you’re saying

In a world in which people are trying to criminalize wolf whistling at a woman and believe a woman should be believed without evidence for a sexual crime, nobody in their right mind is going to walk some young drunk girl into her house. If this is taken the wrong way the taxi driver would lose everything. The risks are just too high.

A call to the police expressing concern surely not that difficult?

With regards to a woman should be believed, I think women and also men abused know that believing is not really the problem, proving an offence is the difficulty, so majority likely do not make any attempt to even report.

Had a brief stint on an internet dating site, had enough pics of phallus’s/manhoods/grisly bits sent to easily produce a calendar, Cockledoodle Christmas, Scrotum September, all sent unwanted and unasked for. A date brought a present, not flowers, not chocolates...but a bottle of hundreds and thousands (cake sprinkle things) filled with his recent ejaculation, for my face apparently...

It’s a difficult situation, shouldn’t be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's way more likely that that is exactly what HE told them, and that he has probably told the police the same. Because if he hadn't admitted giving her a lift, you can be sure as hell he'd have been arrested on a Libby charge if her DNA was found in his passenger seat.

Why on earth would they say it otherwise, they'd be implicating him right into this mess if he'd never seen Libby whatsoever.

Unless of course he is, in fact, a lovely son and family man who likes baking and would never be a dirty sex pest, and the police have got it all totally wrong. Seems doubtful...

Another lurker here, hi [waves].

But then they did arrest a certain (innocent) gentleman in the case in Bristol in 2010. And look how that turned out!

I am pretty sure that the police have said that these items have been ruled out in regard to Libby's disappearance.

Just taking the opportunity to BUMP this;

"Admin note:
Websleuths operates differently than other sites. It may be difficult to understand our rules in the beginning but when you have been here awhile you begin to appreciate the reasoning behind the rules. Primarily, we respect the integrity of a case by keeping out rumors and we also uphold protecting the innocent and peripheral players in a case.

New members need to read the following terms of service in their entirety. Members are responsible for knowing our rules and posting accordingly.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Please be mindful of the following:
* We do not sleuth people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

[...]"

Read More;
UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen getting into taxi outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #8 *ARREST*

Am I correct in thinking the name discussed in Mollys original link is fine as it references a LE website saying he has been charged with an offence which is similar in nature to PR's? Which we are discussing if they are linked in any way.
It's an excellent Mod question. You could alert and ask a Mod/ Admin. My first thought is if he has not been named POI or as being linked in this case then not yet. That is how I understand the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme