Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may seem like a daft question, and maybe no one knows the answer, but have LE searched the trees/undergrowth that separate oak road from the park? I appreciate it might not currently be as leafy as on streetview so maybe not deemed necessary. And I mean from the Oak Rd/Beresford side rather than the park side

No idea. You'd hope so!

I'm of the belief that there was likely nothing sizeable to find.

Edit - rolling the streetview back to 2008 makes for an interesting study in local authority funding!

Last edited:
Reactions: bos
I've just watched @Strontium69's video, and I think he's got it right when he points to two possible benches. Tip of the cap. They were posted before I joined, so I'm catching up.

There's not much visible in the MSM images of that night time forensic search, but the trees are silhouetted nearby in one photo. That certainly puts the bench closer to the pond and embankment, as opposed to being on the path which runs immediately from the park's pedestrian entrance.

Last edited:
I've just watched @Strontium69's video, and I think he's got it right when he points to two possible benches. Tip of the cap. They were posted before I joined, so I'm catching up.

There's not much visible in the MSM images of that night time forensic search, but the trees are silhouetted nearby in one photo. That certainly puts the bench closer to the pond and embankment, as opposed to being on the path which runs immediately from the park's pedestrian entrance.
Where can i find the vid with the bench please i cant seem to find it ?

Benches discussed at the 42 minute mark.
Thanks this definitely gives a proper feel for the location as I’m not a resident of Hull. I must admit I had the impression of a leafy suburb but this looks like a pretty buzzing area albeit at midnight it wouldn’t be quite so buzzing.

Given the amount of businesses and shops plus quite affluent looking housing I would definitely imagine there will be plenty cctv the LE have they aren’t releasing publicly, it must be the vital piece of the jigsaw they are missing, frustrating for us so most definitely for them and no more than Libby’s family and friends.

I wonder if there will be any further update tomorrow, each Thursday something has been released, my heart breaks for her family I can’t stop following this until I know they get some sort of closure

Thanks this definitely gives a proper feel for the location as I’m not a resident of Hull. I must admit I had the impression of a leafy suburb but this looks like a pretty buzzing area albeit at midnight it wouldn’t be quite so buzzing.

Given the amount of businesses and shops plus quite affluent looking housing I would definitely imagine there will be plenty cctv the LE have they aren’t releasing publicly, it must be the vital piece of the jigsaw they are missing, frustrating for us so most definitely for them and no more than Libby’s family and friends.

I wonder if there will be any further update tomorrow, each Thursday something has been released, my heart breaks for her family I can’t stop following this until I know they get some sort of closure
I think your closing thoughts are echoed by us all happygirlie

@Hatfield ?

I could head out now, but we've got time differences and real life commitments etc, so I'll wait to see what other requests come in. It may be that I don't head that way for another day or two, but I'll do it.

Thanks for asking. If you do head out there to the park area, I had a couple spots that always bugged me.

The spots that always bugged me was the wooded trees along Oak Road right near the Southern parking lot going into the Oak Road Playing fields. Right before you go into the parking lot, there is a pretty thick row of trees to the left and much more of them to the right along Oak Road behind those houses.

I always wondered if PR didnt simply manage to find a shallow grave area there to hide her body. The trees and brush seemed thick enough in those spots when I saw the entrance on Strontiums video where he entered the park.

Anyway, if you can check it out in those areas and see if you think there could be a hiding spot that nobody would think about. Thanks in advance.

On the attached map, the area is close to the label called "Gardens and tenfoots" but more along Oak Road behind the houses, with the houses on one side and the park woods on the other. Then it looks like there are gardens along Oak Road and on the other side where the woods are, there is a big round water tank or something and those woods near the round water tank almost looks like a small pond may be in there in those woods. Or it could be just shadows. Its hard to tell.

Libby Squire - Google My Maps

Last edited:

Benches discussed at the 42 minute mark.

I must have missed a thread as I am just seeing these videos! Bravo @Strontium69 I actually felt I was riding in the bike with you. Hope you are doing well after your fall. Video is amazing. Definitely helped me get an idea of the area. Thank you very much!!!

I know some feel the last 2 people on the oak rd cctv may be LS and suspect but why would the LE release it ? And is it the sort of CCTV they would make public at this stage ?

Last edited:
Regards the "interest" around the the far end of the park nearer the pond etc is there any way at all of driving nearer that area from either side of the park ? Even from river side ? That's my only puzzle ...getting a drunk girl to walk that far through a park .

I know somebody said that a doorman said that, but I find it very, very hard to believe. I would think that the club would regard it as the responsibility of her friends.

Yes I was surprised and skeptical about that. I'm an old fart, we were of the "You drop, you stop" era of leaving folks under trees outside Rios in Bradford and keeping your fingers crossed they staggered to the Nightrider bus in time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8