Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I'm not usually affected by tales of murder but this case just seems so tragic with Libby drunk and alone in the dead of night in minus 5 degree temperatures in totally unsuitable clothing for withstanding the cold. I guess it happens more often than we realise but normally nothing untoward happens , it's difficult to comprehend why anyone would want to harm such a vulnerable person.
I feel exactly the same. This case has really resonated with me. Maybe it's because Libby's my sister's age. The thought of the same thing happening to her doesn't bear thinking about. I feel angry and frustrated for Libby and her parents, and towards PR and whatever he may be hiding. I really hope the family get some closure very soon.

They haven't disclosed any footage which is obviously PR and LS.
The Oak Road images are all they've released, aren't they? I'm not counting the spidercam because that was released by media, not the police (although they obviously monitored its release). I assume the camera owner must have given it to the media, whereas there may be other private footage which has only been given to the police.

I'm not counting the spidercam because that was released by media, not the police (although they obviously monitored its release). I assume the camera owner must have given it to the media, whereas there may be other private footage which has only been given to the police.

They'll have plenty more CCTV, but that's for court.

It almost looks like their legs are tied together as they’re walking.
A couple of people I’ve spoken to in Hull think that Spidercam man is one of the two people in the Oak road footage.
That's really interesting, must watch the footage properly again. I agree, the movements are very strained. I mentioned earlier on in the thread the possibility of the grey tracksuited person being 'Spidercam man', but a few people discounted it.

Hi and welcome @James Joyce . Interesting comparisons . You’re obviously not of the belief that the man was Pawel Relowicz then? Refreshing to hear an alternative.

Personally, I can’t read anything into the cigarette rolling(if that’s what he was doing) as it’s a familiar action that is performed quite often when someone is on edge due to nicotine withdrawal and then the actual smoking will help calm them. I think the rapid locking/unlocking of the car shows nerves.

Have there been other sporty car driver abductions?

By the way, what would make someone that easy to put into a car? If the abductor sprayed his victim with some teargas first would that make the victim easy to lead around?[/QUOTE]

According to The Independent's analysis of the CCTV footage, there was approx a 1.24 min time frame between when Spidercam man leaves his car and returns/puts the person inside the passenger seat. Does anyone think this would be sufficient time for him to convince LS to get a lift with him? Bearing in mind she was vulnerable and probably very desperate to get out of the cold. Perhaps he managed to convince her he was a taxi driver?

Hi and welcome @James Joyce . Interesting comparisons . You’re obviously not of the belief that the man was Pawel Relowicz then? Refreshing to hear an alternative.

Personally, I can’t read anything into the cigarette rolling(if that’s what he was doing) as it’s a familiar action that is performed quite often when someone is on edge due to nicotine withdrawal and then the actual smoking will help calm them. I think the rapid locking/unlocking of the car shows nerves.

Thanks Bos, (for reading my post, and for your welcome :)

Yes. Rolling a cigarette and rapid locking and unlocking of the car door shows nerves but, still, he is real cooool. I am not sure if PR has priors but the coolness of this spider video, Astra driver is, if he is the culprit, uber cool. I think that PR would have been hopping about looking back towards the girl he was about to abduct, rape, and murder showing all sorts of signs of stress, or at least I would.

This spider video smoker is dead cool. I think that either he has abducted women before, or it is a completely unconnected person picking up someone they know. But at six weeks since the event, that seems unlikely.

The guy who walks in and then out with a bag in the Claudia Lawrence CCTV is very cool too. When some one walks in front of him, he does not react other than to slow down, and then turn to follow *in the footsteps of the possible witness* (I'd be like, run, or walk fast in the opposite direction now!)
If thes are the culprits then, I am probably imagining this but, I sense a similar super coolness.

Last edited:
Why did the police show the cctv of the four people on Oak rd and ask to identify. They all go the way of mecca bingo with cctv all around which would've got better pics. ?
As someone mentioned earlier, you would know if you were one of the people in that footage. The police were hoping some or all of them would come forward. I don't think they really expect anyone else to ID them from the footage released.

Yes. Rolling a cigarette and rapid locking and unlocking of the car door shows nerves but, still, he is real cooool. I am not sure if PR has priors but the coolness of this spider video, Astra driver is, if he is the culprit, uber cool. I think that PR would have been hopping about looking back towards the girl he was about to abduct, rape, and murder showing all sorts of signs of stress, or at least I would.
Abduction, rape and murder might not have been the plan though. He might simply have been hoping for a compliant (although drunk) girl who would have consensual sex with him.

As someone mentioned earlier, you would know if you were one of the people in that footage. The police were hoping some or all of them would come forward. I don't think they really expect anyone else to ID them from the footage released.
I agree maybe police already know who a couple of them are. Maybe we was not allowed to see who they was.

Have there been other sporty car driver abductions?

By the way, what would make someone that easy to put into a car? If the abductor sprayed his victim with some teargas first would that make the victim easy to lead around?

<modsnip - broken quote>

Telling her he was a taxi driver would be one of my guesses. But there are loads of things that might persuade her

He has a very baby face. He is not much older than Libby. She must have been freezing cold by that time. Whatever shops were open when she got there would be closing. The amount of traffic and general hub bub would be getting less and less. She might have realised that the night bus didn't run that night. She might have been unnerved by a genuine but older good Samaritan than by someone her own age. She was drunk. Let's face it at certain times we do rely on good Samaritans and 99 times out of 100 they're fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abduction, rape and murder might not have been the plan though. He might simply have been hoping for a compliant (although drunk) girl who would have consensual sex with him.

True, but then, would he have been so good at making LS disappear? Sex, unplanned murder and dump, a spontaneous killing, or, like Melanie Road's killer, body bags, and planning? Can and unplanned event result in so little trace?

Even for someone about to chat someone up, the spider video smoker is chill. If I were about to chat someone up I'd not sit down roll one up nearly as cool as that.

True, but then, would he have been so good at making LS disappear? Sex, unplanned murder and dump, a spontaneous killing, or, like Melanie Road's killer, body bags, and planning? Can and unplanned event result in so little trace?

Even for someone about to chat someone up, the spider video smoker is chill. If I were about to chat someone up I'd not sit down roll one up nearly as cool as that.

If the river is at all involved, as many think, then it's down to chance. We shouldn't assume that whoever is responsible has any kind of skills or prior experience.

Although of course it could be argued that someone who is drunk enough to be stumbling/falling over and incoherent as described by the student neighbours, does not have the capacity to consent. Thus sex with a very drunk person is technically rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8