Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the police know who they are, there would be no need for a public appeal and the footage wouldn't have been shown.
Then why public appeal with cctv like that a young girl has gone missing. These people have all walled or passed Mecca Bingo Smyths toy shop all which have cctv. So its not really public appeal its just appealing for the individuals.

According to The Independent's analysis of the CCTV footage, there was approx a 1.24 min time frame between when Spidercam man leaves his car and returns/puts the person inside the passenger seat. Does anyone think this would be sufficient time for him to convince LS to get a lift with him? Bearing in mind she was vulnerable and probably very desperate to get out of the cold. Perhaps he managed to convince her he was a taxi driver?

Bearing in mind the time taken to walk there and back, I think that "convincing" would be difficult.

Telling her he was a taxi driver would be one of my guesses.

That is indeed plausible, if she were waiting for a taxi.

But there are loads of things that might persuade her.
What else?

He has a very baby face.
Please can you give the URL of the video in which he seems to have a baby face?

Should readers be so kind as to answer the questions here in my previous (first) post, I would be most grateful.
UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Abduction, rape and murder might not have been the plan though. He might simply have been hoping for a compliant (although drunk) girl who would have consensual sex with him.
Mistaking a non compliant girl for a conpliant one leaves her alive and upset sonewhere between Haworth street and home and him a tad disgruntled, very frustrated and possibly having one of his nocturnal offending public decency sessions.

I can't see her getting into his car for anything other than a lift home which gives you abduction by deception straight away if that were the case.

Whatever his initial plans were it is difficult to accidentally rape someone. Millions of men manage to avoid it every day after being rebuffed. Even harder to accidently kill someone, accidently dispose of body and then forget where

Bearing in mind the time taken to walk there and back, I think that "convincing" would be difficult.

What else?

Should readers be so kind as to answer the questions here in my previous (first) post, I would be most grateful.
UK - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*
By the sounds of things he does not talk English very well so don't know how he communicated with Libby. I believe she was to intoxicated to understand what was going on.

Then why public appeal with cctv like that a young girl has gone missing. These people have all walled or passed Mecca Bingo Smyths toy shop all which have cctv. So its not really public appeal its just appealing for the individuals.

Yes, appealing for the individuals in public. They can’t do a private appeal if they don’t know who they are. Even with clearer cctv footage, there isn’t magical face recognition that identifies Joe Bloggs from 22 Acacia Avenue

So they have to release the footage to the public in the hope that those individuals will see it. :rolleyes:

Abduction, rape and murder might not have been the plan though. He might simply have been hoping for a compliant (although drunk) girl who would have consensual sex with him.

Although of course it could be argued that someone who is drunk enough to be stumbling/falling over and incoherent as described by the student neighbours, does not have the capacity to consent. Thus sex with a very drunk person is technically rape
He might not see it that way though.

Mistaking a non compliant girl for a conpliant one leaves her alive and upset sonewhere between Haworth street and home and him a tad disgruntled, very frustrated and possibly having one of his nocturnal offending public decency sessions.

I can't see her getting into his car for anything other than a lift home which gives you abduction by deception straight away if that were the case.

Whatever his initial plans were it is difficult to accidentally rape someone. Millions of men manage to avoid it every day after being rebuffed. Even harder to accidently kill someone, accidently dispose of body and then forget where
Please note that my comment was a response to someone remarking that he looked very cool for someone who was intending to abduct, rape and murder someone. I was simply pointing out that he may not have been planning that outcome.

I suspect that it's common for women to get their key out in advance, less common for men.

If the police have any good reason to think that it's PR & LS, would they be making that footage public? They haven't disclosed any other CCTV involving LS, PR or his car although they must have some.

I do not think for a min the police would be showing CCTV of libby and not saying so . Makes no sense

The majority of photos of him in the media are several years old, and he is younger and slimmer in them than he is now. These are the photos which most people have seen, and if they haven't seen any more recent photos, they don't realise that he now looks older and heavier.

What else?

It's a ten second walk from car to bench

I have not read all the many posts but has
1) The calmness, and what this implies, of the spider-video smoker been discussed?
2) Previous similar abductions (is it okay to mention them?)
2.1) Claudia Lawrence
2.2) The Batman Rapist

1) For a man about to abduct a young woman the smoker is extremely calm. "I'll just roll some tobacco then abduct a woman." He is not looking this way and that, nor seemingly nervous in the sense of being jittery. I'd be pacing up and down. Looking at my watch. Touching my face and hair, tearing it out probably. If Libby Squire is being put in the passenger seat, the smoker is very proficient doing it, very confident that she won't get out before the central locking is activated, and I think he would not have put her in the car in the first place, in so calm and professional a way, if he had been unaware of the sort of the thing an abducted person would do.

2) I think that this indicates experience in abducting women. Upon that basis, what other similar unsolved incidents are there?

2.1) The abduction of Claudia Lawrence nearly exactly 10 years ago, may also have been by a silver hatchback driver. In the police video of the hatchback braking, the reflections in the houses opposite may show that that the hatchback pulled over.
Other than a similar type of car are there any other similarities? The Claudia Lawrence case featured a "left handed smoker"
Left-handed smoker
and looking at the current spider CCTV video at about 30 seconds from the start
CCTV clip shows activity before Libby Squire was last seen
it would seem that the smoker gets his tobacco out with his left hand from his left pocket which may mean he is left handed. Is spider man smoker left handed?

The car in the Libby Squire "spider video" is described, earlier in these threads, as a silver Astra Mark 5 SXi, which is a sporty car. Is the silver Ford Focus in the Claudia Lawrence case being driven in a sporty way -- the hard braking especially? If so, the way in which a sporty left-handed silver hatch-back drivers can get women to disappear without a trace, so far, are shared. The approximate region of the UK is also similar.

This is probably not relevant but the smoker may be wearing cycling gear and the Oak Road CCTV video
seems to show the same cyclist going in both directions, the second time with a bag according to someone on an earlier thread in this series. This is also a feature of the Claudia Lawrence case in which some guy went into the small road behind her house and came back with a bag (of surveillance equipment?) after about 2 minutes.
Are these really similarities, and are there any (others)?

2.2) Further away, and further in the past, The Batman Rapist of the 1990's, who also has not been caught, drove cars around in sporty way, with women inside before he raped them, as related in the News of the World article below
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.true-crime/VBMkQ4QBvYg
The Batman Rapist generally used the victims cars but he may have escalated to abduction and murder, in his own car, probably a Ford, with the murder of Melanie Hall RIP, whose body was found beside a motorway ramp, with some Ford (Focus?) keys found nearby.

Have there been other sporty car driver abductions?

By the way, what would make someone that easy to put into a car? If the abductor sprayed his victim with some teargas first would that make the victim easy to lead around?

We have no idea though if he planned to abduct her
We do not know if he had already been and spoken to her prior to the CCTV we see
He is parked around 5 to 10 seconds walk from her so a whole minute with her is a fair amount of time ...it was a very public road so unlikely he used force

Imo it's more likely after 40 mins stumbling and struggling in freezing cold she gave in to an offer of a lift home

What else?

“You’re freezing, let’s get you warm in my car” would probably do it. Grey Beard asked if Libby was ok, I think 15-20 minutes of cold later, a sympathetic but authoritative plan probably seemed inviting

“You’re freezing, let’s get you warm in my car” would probably do it. Grey Beard asked if Libby was ok, I think 15-20 minutes of cold later, a sympathetic but authoritative plan probably seemed inviting

Or "I can help you get into your house without keys" (but omitting the burglar part)

Or "I can help you get into your house without keys" (but omitting the burglar part)
Maybe, but that does presuppose he asked why she was there/upset and that she answered coherently.

Making an obvious observation given the temperature and suggesting the solution in an almost paternal fashion doesn’t require chit chat at that point

You can roll them eyes all day my friend. You contradicting yourself with what you are saying.
No, I am not. I think that you may be misunderstanding what "public" means in this context.
bos has also tried to explain this to you.
Yes, appealing for the individuals in public. They can’t do a private appeal if they don’t know who they are. Even with clearer cctv footage, there isn’t magical face recognition that identifies Joe Bloggs from 22 Acacia Avenue
I don't know how we can make this clearer, so I will leave it there.

He might not see it that way though.

Please note that my comment was a response to someone remarking that he looked very cool for someone who was intending to abduct, rape and murder someone. I was simply pointing out that he may not have been planning that outcome.
I know you were. But I think if his plan was, as you say, consensual sex with a compliant albeit too drunk female it's unlikely to have escalated to a girl that's still missing after 6 weeks.

So maybe he was thinking of more

No, I am not. I think that you may be misunderstanding what "public" means in this context.
bos has also tried to explain this to you.

I don't know how we can make this clearer, so I will leave it there.
They can not be that important or they would show better cctv from mecca bingo. Simple really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper