Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have mentioned there are so many variables because the water depth fluctuates with the tide. And I think there are some possible blockage areas like the Hull Barrier at Victoria Pier, so I can see why many think he may have dumped the body directly in the Humber too.

Below is a link that has a little more information on the waters and average depths around there.

River Hull at Hull Barrier Victoria Pier: River level and flood alerts

Google Maps

What is the Hull Barrier ? ..
Much prefer to hear from our knowledgeable locals than google ;)

ETA: couldn’t wait - had a quick nosy on YouTube, what a feat of engineering!

The only other thing that leads me towards him doing taxi work would be the place he parked ...an ideal spot to catch freezing cold passengers waiting for a bus ...plus it may have been his excuse for being "out and about" ... but yes absolutely nothing more than a theory

There is a layby on across from Haworth Pub on Beverley Road which to me would be a better place for people to see a taxi if parked up. Having been down Haworth Street today for the first time the only reason I can see anyone needing to be down there who doesn't live down there and at that time of night is because it is more secluded for something dodgy than on the main road.

As we know the bench is set back from the road and dark, so I don't believe he just happened to be passing and he spotted her from the road (another amazing coincidence) and as above there would be a better place to stop to help. I think he has been hanging around Wellesley Ave or Beresford (or followed the taxi from Welly) and watched it all unfold from her getting out off the taxi alone.

Like others have mentioned there are so many variables because the water depth fluctuates with the tide. And I think there are some possible blockage areas like the Hull Barrier at Victoria Pier, so I can see why many think he may have dumped the body directly in the Humber too.

Below is a link that has a little more information on the waters and average depths around there.

River Hull at Hull Barrier Victoria Pier: River level and flood alerts

Google Maps

The Hull Barrier is a tidal barrier to prevent river surges and flooding, much like the Thames Barrier in London, only smaller.

It isn't closed that often to the extent of my knowledge - only when the flood risk is high.

Is there anyway we can find out when it was last shut?

But then, wouldn’t that mean that police gave an edited copy back to the electrical company, who then went to ITV with it? That sounds really odd to me. If I’m reading the MSM reports correctly, eg. @Winterbells links, then Core Electrical took their CCTV to ITV after giving it to police, because they were fuming that police hadn’t released it. So, I’d imagine they gave them a copy that they made, and then editing has happened at some point before we seen it, either to shorten it for air time or for reasons important to the case
Stella8 I was more inclined to think that electrical company gave itv full version....maybe days after police received it, itv contacted police to say they had a copy & then that’s how the agreement came about that once the police had arrested PR itv could publish a police edited version, so as not to prejudice any future trial. I think itv are more compliant with police than most other MSM.

Lol. I was just finding some pictures.

It is situated near to where the Rivers Hull and Humber meet and disclosed at very high tides to prevent flooding.

1st picture open, second closed

Attachments

• The Deep-17.jpg
    The Deep-17.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 4413013579_ebe3a12419_b.jpg
    4413013579_ebe3a12419_b.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 28
would never, ever settle for an unmarked car parked in a cul de sac. It just seems really unlikely that would attract any custom.

I can not remember the exact wording but his mother said that family sources had told her he had been working as a taxi driver to earn extra money.[/QUOTE]

In the MSM I read earlier she stated that he worked as a taxi driver, he would do anything to earn extra money to make ends meet.

That could have been lost in translation though, or what he told her and wasn't true etc. I'll see if I can find it.

Im not sure if you mean literally but for clarity, PR was arrested on day 6 (i believe), the following Wednesday evening of Libby going missing.

thank you for clarifying! i did not realize (or remember, even though i've followed since day 1) that there were 6 days before he got taken in! hmm... i find myself thinking that i have read every single post on every single thread of certain cases, but sometimes i forget or mistakenly cross info, especially on these higher profile, fast-moving threads. i will definitely re-think my theories with that info.

Ok, so I've looked and I've either misunderstood what I've read or I can't find it (will keep looking) but I now can't find the article I read where his Mum said he WAS a taxi driver making ends meet. They're all none commital.

Ok, so I've looked and I've either misunderstood what I've read or I can't find it (will keep looking) but I now can't find the article I read where his Mum said he WAS a taxi driver making ends meet. They're all none commital.
I wouldn't worry about it, it was the Sun. :rolleyes:
It's a fair bet when they quote unnamed "sources" that they've made it up.

Kind of unrelated but I'm surprised they've named his wife in lots of MSM articles. Should they do that?

Was it maybe this you’re thinking of?? (Sorry for linking to this loo roll)

Pawel’s sister Paulina, 28, who lives in Norway, said he was “driving and noticed a girl crying” - and stopped to take her home.

She did not explain what happened after.

Family sources suggested he could have been running an unofficial taxi service when he picked her up.

They said: “It would not surprise me that he was doing everything he could to make extra cash.

“Maybe he did not tell police during their appeal because he was scared of getting in trouble about doing paid lifts for people when he shouldn’t.”

Mum of butcher held by Libby Squire cops says he's innocent & 'scared of blood'

Was it maybe this you’re thinking of?? (Sorry for linking to this loo roll)

Pawel’s sister Paulina, 28, who lives in Norway, said he was “driving and noticed a girl crying” - and stopped to take her home.

She did not explain what happened after.

Family sources suggested he could have been running an unofficial taxi service when he picked her up.

They said: “It would not surprise me that he was doing everything he could to make extra cash.

“Maybe he did not tell police during their appeal because he was scared of getting in trouble about doing paid lifts for people when he shouldn’t.”

Mum of butcher held by Libby Squire cops says he's innocent & 'scared of blood'
It was something like that for sure but when I read it, I'm sure I was surprised as it seemed a categoric statement rather than a 'he might have done'
I could totally have misread etc, I've had a busy few days.

That does nothing for me. People wanting a taxi either phone for one or go to a cab rank. I would never, ever settle for an unmarked car parked in a cul de sac. It just seems really unlikely that would attract any custom.

I agree in that I wouldn't either ...but there must be people who do as unlicensed taxis definitely operate
They are not allowed around taxi ranks so likely places used are usually away from taxi areas but where you might persuade a fare

You might get a group of students on a budget

I think students now have it drilled into them to only use licensed cabs. Especially female students. However I'm sure unlicensed cabs exist. Maybe for other ex pat Polish people.

However I must admit I thought the taxi story was more a cover story than a real income generator. I don't think Libby would get into an unlicensed taxi but - if it were parked around a corner say, and you didn't realise it was unlicensed until you got round that corner?

I am pretty sure that the Sun reporters were just fishing and trying to draw out some solid information from the mother. The other tabloids have just copied and paraphrased the Sun.
I'm treating all those reports as completely unreliable.

I have three or four posts on my Facebook page on a Friday and Saturday night offering unlicensed taxi's.

They're all British. I don't think it's a Eastern European thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee