Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her friend first posted on Facebook at 1.04am saying Libby was missing.

We don't know what alerted them so quickly, I'd say they were worried she had not texted them Or the boys that saw her get out of the taxi told her friends she had not gone in the house (assuming they went to the welly).

Either way by 1.04am her friends were aware she was not at home where they expected her to be.
Sadly that’s still and hour and half later, possibly two as they thought they had last seen her at 11.00 until CCTV proved otherwise. When it’s 10 minutes down the road. Her friends aren’t responsible, but if lessons are to be learnt (or laws changed as someone suggested), it’s dont leave anyone alone (maybe I need a catchier slogan)

I've seen different things every time I've watched it, especially when playing with the speeds.

I do see a definite slump but only slightly.

The interesting thing for me when watching slowed down it looks like whoever is the passenger seat is holding a mobile phone, as the car pulls away!

But I've put it down to it been some odd reflection.

Yeah we all see different things. Ive never seen a flick of the hair. I see more a slump towards the gearstick. I have always seen toing and froing behind the back door but it wasnt until someone else pointed out that i thought it looked like 2 attempts at entry, its interesting looking through the web as well. Someone played about with it in one of the earlier threads, changed the speed (long before i joined but was reading). If it was that cut and dry we would probably not have seen it but i didnt like it from the first time i saw it yet ive been drawn back to watch again so many times. Hoping to notice something.

There's an obvious flip of the hair in the Welly CCTV, so that could be influencing my perception.

ETA - it doesn't marry up easily with my idea that she was hurt or otherwise unwell does it...

Ugh the dreaded alcohol debate ..
something I’m sensitive over as I’m sure many of us are because most of us feel emotionally tied, for whatever our own personal reasons are, to Libby, we bashed this all out a few threads ago.

I completely agree that because of alcohol, Libby was ‘easier’ prey to PR - yet I also completely agree that we should all be able to go out and get blind drunk without the fear we may be murdered. I know the stalwarts and myself included regard Libby as a victim in every single sense of the word & without any blame.

I had no idea what the term ‘blind drunk’ meant until I was 17 and thought I was cool knocking back Long Island’s - I literally couldn’t see!

Even now at 31, what I’ve eaten, how tired I am, how long I’ve danced, how long I’ve been out .. one week I’ll be fine, home with my pizza & watching corro and the week after I’ll have probably fed the pizza to my cats whilst being sick in the downstairs loo ... there is just no telling !

Last edited:
If there had been a weapon involved in the abduction, keeping in mind that there was at least 20 minutes of continual cctv for LE to go by, there'd likely have been a very heavy armed presence involved in his initial arrest. He'd probably already have been charged with a weapons-related offence.

There is at least 20 minutes of continual CCTV? Of who/ what? LS? PR? Both?

Please remember the pavements would have been very icy that night, that could well have made walking difficult, not necessarily all down to the booze.

And we only know where her ‘journey’ stopped. We don’t know where she intended walking to, it might have been a very logical decision on her part to go somewhere safe.

To sort of jump off of your remark, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but it was supposedly very icy and yet we see a bike going back and forth at a rapid clip without incident on ice? I am from the US and do see a very occasional bike in winter but when streets are somewhat clear as are sidewalks... And very, very few, generally someone without a vehicle most likely...

No one is stopping you finishing posting or reading this thread. But please do not pass judgement on all of us who wish to continue posting here.

You misunderstood. No judgement at all on posters as I am all for discussion on relevant facts.. But also no necessity (as I see it and I am also entitled to my opinion) for argumentative posts about various possible supposed scenarios. We can accept and disagree with the opinions of others, we actually have little factual information of course.

There's an obvious flip of the hair in the Welly CCTV, so that could be influencing my perception.

ETA - it doesn't marry up easily with my idea that she was hurt or otherwise unwell does it...

I said last night i think sometimes a part of our mind blocks things we dont want to imagine. We dont allow ourselves to visualise certain particular scenarios.

For clarity im not saying either of us is right in what we think we may see just that sometimes its easier to think of one over the other.

The problem is when we are convinced we are right. I saw an obvious flip of the hair in the welly CCTV too, but many others didn't. So I have to accept I was wrong

I said last night i think sometimes a part of our mind blocks things we dont want to imagine. We dont allow ourselves to visualise certain particular scenarios.

For clarity im not saying either of us is right in what we think we may see just that sometimes its easier to think of one over the other.

I've only seen certain things after other posters have pointed it out - the hem of a skirt, for example. But that's just my mind trying to make sense of what I'm seeing. It doesn't mean it's accurate.

The problem is when we are convinced we are right. I saw an obvious flip of the hair in the welly CCTV too, but many others didn't. So I have to accept I was wrong

If it helps, I see it twice in the Welly cctv. I don't think I can watch it back at the moment though.

I have pondered like most regarding why Libby got in his car?

I am of the belief as I mentioned previously she did not get in voluntarily. I base this on the CCTV which I think I see .. suspicious activity regarding feet movement (forwards and backwards).

Earlier I’m
Not sure who ... but a member quietude - ‘Wouldn’t there have been screams heard , if she was forced into the car.’

That got me thinking this... PR worked in a slaughter house where I supspect Stun guns like this may be used.
IMOO - If he did use this type of device or similar stun/ sedate method, it occured most probable at the side of the car as she walked down the road, heading to the UNI or elsewhere, he sprung upon her. (Link below from Wiki) Captive bolt pistol - Wikipedia

We know he was a thief, so it’s not illogical to question could he have stolen one from work, and used it to stun her, or even bought one online. (IMO)

I read the stun gun point raised much earlier in the thread. But cannot recall if his close familiarity to these things have been raised. (Forgive me of this has been.)

Those things are designed to stun cows, which have thicker skulls than humans - if you used one on a human you'd probably kill them.

He also worked in a bacon factory; pigs are usually stunned with an electric shock to the neck.

But we don't know if he worked in an actual abattoir or just a packaging plant.

I had a theory a whileback, that I've now dismissed, that he may have dumped into the Humber near where he worked. I Googled "abattoirs in hull" and one of them was right on the bank of the Humber near the docks.

But I find the River Hull theory to be more likely.

I believe the lack of contact was what alerted them to her being missing so early on. She didn't let them know she was home which seemed to be a system they had too.
The alarm was raised really quite soon, wasn't their a FB post at around 1am? Someone linked to it a few hundred messages ago.
Her friends will live with this forever.
Libby would likely have told them all she was fine, she'd let them know she was home and hoped they had fun.

Not sure I've seen it anywhere but was it her housemates she was out with or other friends?

I watched the welly clip again yesterday. I perceived it differently to when i watched it when it was released.

Last edited:
Of the car being parked in that position. Obviously, not available to the public.
@vermont, Is this your long lost reference to the dad who is a retired policeman?
“Then we heard the slamming of a door. It sounded like a wooden door or a garden gate. “It was just very odd,” added the woman, a Hull University graduate whose dad is a retired policeman."
If so it's part of the witness statements section at page 1 of this thread. I don't know how significant this statement is given the description of a woman's scream nearby , sounding to be under attack, and male voices also nearby at 12:30 in Heathcote Street close to Libby's residence.

Thanks. Not totally relevant unless she was trying to get to some who were maybe drinking closer to home. I was just discussing it with a friend when we visited her bench yesterday but didn't think I'd read anywhere who she was with.

She was definitely with Amelia who she lived with but think It was quite a big group so a mixture of housemates and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3