Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible, but doubtful imo...also Cherwell has said he read that balaclava man was a different night to Libby going missing ( a link confirming this would be helpful )
I'm afraid I have no idea where to find it now. I don't think it has anything to do with Libby's case. Anyway it's perfectly legitimate to wear a balaclava on a winter night, so unless he was doing something dodgy it's meaningless.

i just cannot yet confirm (in my mind) that he is so smooth a criminal that she could have disappeared the way she did for 2+ months with no trail of evidence.

I think the timescale was a bit shorter than that - from the night of 31Jan/1 Feb to 20 March, so just over 6 weeks. Also there may be evidence that hasn't been made public yet, as the police work on building a stronger case for either charging PR or ruling him out.

I'm afraid I have no idea where to find it now. I don't think it has anything to do with Libby's case. Anyway it's perfectly legitimate to wear a balaclava on a winter night, so unless he was doing something dodgy it's meaningless.

Possibly not related to Libby’s case, but given the crime rate in area for antisocial behaviour & crimes of violent/sexual nature I think it is suspicious...but I think we should move on from balaclava man now as this is getting us nowhere x

I think if he were doing odd jobs for letting agent / landlord and had keys but he was entering when no actual jobs were needing done, I wouldnt say it wasn’t breaking & entering probably just trespassing that he’s been charged with....maybe one of our legal experts could confirm?
Can’t see him having a key tbh. Burglary is illegal entry to a property to commit a crime - so if he did perchance have a key and he was using it to get into house to rob or riffle through ladies’ undies well yes it is a crime.

I would agree with you, but have been told by locals that I'm wrong and that people would park there to go across the road to the local takeaways and so forth. It looks like a faff to turn around in that dead end, too...but others tell me it's not really an issue, ditto the double-yellow lines.

A poster here also said (a local student, I think) that an illegal taxi driver wouldn't park there hoping for business (for various reasons I don't remember, but it sounded like there wouldn't be much demand). I can well imagine there'd be no business for a cab driver round there. Students would be walking in groups home from the pub and they seem to live around that area anyway.

The way PR has decided to park smacks to me of someone wanting to watch and/or listen to activity on the corner and be ready for a quick getaway.
I agree he was parked there to watch. No other reason. Personally I don't think he was ever an illegal taxi driver. Personally I do think he could have said he was.

Regarding the origin of the taxi story - the press may have heard hints. We know they went to his friends for info.

If there were any hints from his family or others I'd find it easier to believe it was his cover story to them rather than it being true. I could believe he told his wife that for example to explain being out at night.

And I could believe it as a cover story to try and get women into his car (didn't the now gone balaclava man incident involve a fake taxi). I could believe he told Libby that. I could believe her assuming it would be a licensed cab until she got onto Haworth road.

Those are just my opinions the and sadly we'll never know the truth

The word 'trespassing' was used too, at some point, right?
That made me wonder if he was already in the property, by sort of casual invitation, and then nicked stuff (and/or even filmed stuff). I don't know what trespassing means though, in legal terms. For example, if you've tagged along with a pal to someone's house, but weren't actually invited, and then stole things... that's probably not exactly burglary.
I'd be surprised if he were anywhere with the occupants permission. Trespass could be entering via an already broken window or letting yourself in with a key. I wondered if he had friends that maintained houses for the letting agencies.

I'd be surprised if he were anywhere with the occupants permission. Trespass could be entering via an already broken window or letting yourself in with a key. I wondered if he had friends that maintained houses for the letting agencies.

Entering the building as a trespasser

For an individual to be trespassing they will have entered the building or remained on another person’s property without authority.

When an individual enters a building with permission, but does something they are not invited to do, they can subsequently become a trespasser.

An individual’s entry to a building

In most cases it will be routine to find physical evidence to prove entry but in certain situations it may be difficult to decide whether entry has occurred in law. For example, reaching into an open window/door and stealing a laptop.

To establish burglary, the defendant must know they are a trespasser or be reckless as to whether they are trespassing. It must be proved beyond reasonable doubt that they entered to steal, inflict grievous bodily harm, or to unlawfully damage the building or anything in there; or entered and committed or attempted to commit theft or GBH there.

I read that as fishing line initially.

Locally we've had a problem with illegal fishing. Is it possible there are any well known fishing sites that PR might use rather than legal licensed ones
Yes I imagine the lack of cost or supervision would be attractive. Back to the Oak Rd pond it would be interesting to know if LE have been able to/will search the Angling Association's data base of users. The website in question suggests it is well stocked so its probably popular, and they try to administer their rules strictly.

Yes I imagine the lack of cost or supervision would be attractive. Back to the Oak Rd pond it would be interesting to know if LE have been able to/will search the Angling Association's data base of users. The website in question suggests it is well stocked so its probably popular, and they try to administer their rules strictly.
If they refused wouldn't the police just get a warrant?

If PR is found not guilty of all the charges he’s up for would he get compensation for the time he’s spent on remand? He’ll not have a house to go back to? Unless they pay his rent/mortgage whilst he’s incarcerated?
Car, phones, belongings?
I’m relatively new to this level of sleuthing (I’ve been an avid murder podcast listener for some time) so just wondered how it all worked.
I listen to one about wrongful convictions. One guy, in the US, was jailed for 21 years, wrongfully. He was given something like $500 for every day wrongfully jailed.

I linked to this yesterday because it may shed some light on when and how spidercam footage reached the police and ITV:

"The Haworth Street footage was captured by cameras overlooking steel gates to an electrical firm.

Staff checked it after Libby was reported missing and alerted cops.

But workers there are fuming detectives took so long to reveal it.

One said: “We couldn’t understand why it wasn’t published straight away by the police.

“If it was my daughter I would have it everywhere.

“Surely they have had enough time to examine it, obtain the licence plate and do checks to find out where it went.

"Time is of the essence. They always talk about the golden hour in investigations. They’ve had nearly a week.”

CCTV footage emerges of last sighting of missing Libby Squire 'in car with man'

They are presuming that LE aren't on it quick enough when in reality they probsb
Im seeing an option here for our tracker in the river idea.

I don't even think they would have to do that. A lot just catch the fish and throw them back in. Not many fish to eat for the most part it's a sport/ hobby/pastime/ me -time to relax so not having any fish wouldn't raise my eyebrows. What would is not dressing the part or having the equipment they need. I say this from experience

I hadn't noticed that, but I think (could be wrong) some cctv is motion sensitive, so maybe unless something's moving, some kind of light goes off?
First post( lurking from day 1.)
I agree with the general consensus of what occurred I the disappearance of LS and applaude the regular and new insights on this forum the kindness sympathy intelligence caring goodwill plus humour is uplifting .You are all amazing people.I lived in Beverley owned a home briefly 10 years ago.Have visited Hull occasionally found the people warm friendly kind. Grandmother and Ancestors from the area.
Question I would ask you Winterbells and other FM to consider please is the timing of the other car leaving Haworth .Also the presence of the bike rider.I 'm not thinking accomplice just perhaps PR met with them for some possible dealing ie stolen goods . The spiderweb cctv shows PR sat in the front seat of his car as the vehicle and bike passed he didn't show interest .Had he been talking to them knew tgey were leaving? Otherwise what if the other car had not left when it did it it eas chancy would he have waited it out? It seems possible perhaps PR knew the car and bike would be leaving soon .Was this why he was parked there?.Sometime later during the investigation into missing Libby (unconnected) 2 drug dealers were arrested in a car on Hawarth Street .
I'm not suggesting drug dealing I whole heartedly agree the reasons given for PR being Haworth possibly watching stalking LS waiting for an opportunity as reason to park there.Im aware it was chance the coast was clear for PR only for possible cct and spider cam to witness thankfully.

If PR told Libby he was a taxi driver, wouldn’t she get in the back seat? I can’t really see in the cctv if she’s resisting or not, but surely PR would’ve put her on the back seat too if she was unsteady/drunk instead of the front

Not necessarily, in Hull its quite common to travel in the front of a private hire taxi. I always do so if im a lone passenger, i would feel rude sitting in the back. I would only sit in the back if i had husband/children with me.

If PR told Libby he was a taxi driver, wouldn’t she get in the back seat? I can’t really see in the cctv if she’s resisting or not, but surely PR would’ve put her on the back seat too if she was unsteady/drunk instead of the front

That is an interesting point.I always sit in the back seat in a taxi.
if she was being forced into the car I would have thought she would have screamed.

I just can’t see how he had an accomplice - I think it was definitely just him. I’d be interested to know how many people think that the first guy in the cctv was him or someone coming to help him. If he phoned for help - the police would know. My view is he was the man seen running from the park, so it was all over quite quickly.

Also he wasn’t in custody until Wednesday, but I think the police were probably checking him out before then.
I too am wonering about the timing of the other car leaving Hawath .Was it coinciedence no one around or timing ?Did PR have a reason to be parked there to meet with car or bike for shady dealings (not tbinking accomplices) before his possible other motives.Was it perhaps chance the coast was clear for him a little while later?I'm realky going along with the general feeling of most FM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman