Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #14 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. It just seems like it is not the most convenient place to go to park especially if you were passing the lay by. Maybe that's just me who wants the easiest option lol.

I agree though it's a good place to be out of the way but be able to see and hear things going on.
When you say 'passing the lay by' d'you mean the area where Libby's bench is?

So true! They're good for us nosy lot, often printing things that the more reputable outlets are still double triple checking and running past their lawyers. Many a time the DM has printed something dubious sounding which later turns out to be completely true.

(Unfortunately their coverage of Amiah Robertson’s case has been flawed. They posted a picture they found on the web and claimed it was the actual car the suspect was driving when it wasn’t. They also have not gotten the suspect’s charges correct. I’m removing them as as source from my timeline due to their irresponsible journalism. Moo)

Wonder did any other businesses feel the same (fuming with police...) and pass their CCTV to media aswell, but police asked/ prevented it from being broadcast, went with the safest one/ least shown in terms of Libby/ Libby entering car
I know local letting agent Lukasz Rybus handed Welly cctv footage to media & police on the same day....apparently he had been away for the weekend following Libby’s disappearance. I’m also sure he gave tv interview.
New CCTV shows woman who could be missing Libby before disappearance

Sorry, just going back to the missing 10 minutes or so of the ITV footage and the possibility PR might have parked up to grab some food - there are a handful of takeaways over the road, the nearest being a Chinese which closes at 11pm (though if it's anything like my local it closes when there are no more customers) and a chicken place which is open til 1am. Also a tandoori and a burger bar which are more likely to have closed already as they look like proper sit down restaurants.

I'm going off streetview which might be outdated, anyone know if these places still exist? And if they might have CCTV inside or out which would prove if he went into any or not? If he didn't go for food, he's got little reason for parking where he did.

When you say 'passing the lay by' d'you mean the area where Libby's bench is?

Yes opposite the bench. According to the reports (yes know unconfirmed by his sister) wasn't he supposed to be passing when he saw her making the lay by the most obvious place to stop. Coming from home he wouldn't have seen her in passing although Haworth Street would maybe be better to park as the lay by would be the wrong side of the road.

Yes opposite the bench. According to the reports (yes know unconfirmed by his sister) wasn't he supposed to be passing when he saw her making the lay by the most obvious place to stop. Coming from home he wouldn't have seen her in passing although Haworth Street would maybe be better to park as the lay by would be the wrong side of the road.
I wouldn't assume that she was on or near the bench when he saw her.

Sorry, just going back to the missing 10 minutes or so of the ITV footage and the possibility PR might have parked up to grab some food - there are a handful of takeaways over the road, the nearest being a Chinese which closes at 11pm (though if it's anything like my local it closes when there are no more customers) and a chicken place which is open til 1am. Also a tandoori and a burger bar which are more likely to have closed already as they look like proper sit down restaurants.

I'm going off streetview which might be outdated, anyone know if these places still exist? And if they might have CCTV inside or out which would prove if he went into any or not? If he didn't go for food, he's got little reason for parking where he did.

Also noticed on street view that there is a neighbourhoodwatch sign. Not been involved in it but would that involve CCTV or just people looking out for suspicious activity? Hopefully they do have much more evidence than we see. Just hope they get the key bit which seems to be missing at the moment to bring justice to Libby and her family.

I know local letting agent Lukasz Rybus handed Welly cctv footage to media & police on the same day....apparently he had been away for the weekend following Libby’s disappearance. I’m also sure he gave tv interview.
New CCTV shows woman who could be missing Libby before disappearance

Not connected but you've reminded me of something. I noticed PR didn't get charged with breaking and entering (I don't even know if that's still a thing?) but it did cross my mind that he somehow had access to some of those student houses. So, if a burglar had a key, would it still be breaking and entering?

I think many of the MSM have contacts close to major investigations.
I have noticed they often run articles referring to
information connected to stories
For example in this case they could have ,but have not ,run a story about illegal taxi drivers operating in towns populated by students.

Not connected but you've reminded me of something. I noticed PR didn't get charged with breaking and entering (I don't even know if that's still a thing?) but it did cross my mind that he somehow had access to some of those student houses. So, if a burglar had a key, would it still be breaking and entering?
I think if he were doing odd jobs for letting agent / landlord and had keys but he was entering when no actual jobs were needing done, I wouldnt say it wasn’t breaking & entering probably just trespassing that he’s been charged with....maybe one of our legal experts could confirm?

No, there was quite a bit of discussion about that a way back. Breaking and entering definitely involves gaining access by force, eg breaking windows, kicking doors in etc.

Trespass is a civil matter, but either way entering someone's property and stealing items counts as burglary.

I understand yes, thanks.

No, there was quite a bit of discussion about that a way back. Breaking and entering definitely involves gaining access by force, eg breaking windows, kicking doors in etc.

So if he'd used force he'd have been charged with B&E on top of the burglary rap? As he hasn't been charged with B&E does that infer he got in using a key (or through an unlocked door/open window etc)?

They all seem to quote the Mirror with this story, so you might want to look for their version.
I seem to remember reading somewhere later that the balaclava man incident had turned out to be a different night.
Sorry Cherwell....can’t find mirror source through google but as a few of us have already noted there are a lot of articles that were posted in msm now seem to have been deleted.

The word 'trespassing' was used too, at some point, right?
That made me wonder if he was already in the property, by sort of casual invitation, and then nicked stuff (and/or even filmed stuff). I don't know what trespassing means though, in legal terms. For example, if you've tagged along with a pal to someone's house, but weren't actually invited, and then stole things... that's probably not exactly burglary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member