UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corneileus explained he had seen dogging there before ...obviously this is not in court do jury won't know anyway

He said in his testimony he had gone out on his first visit to do what he normally does ..ill try and find it
I've seen. But I'd really like to have it confirmed by another local as until now it has not been mentioned at all. In fact I think earlier threads referred to a different dogging site

But her friends were concerned the minute they arrived home and found she wasn't there. Concerned enough to contact her mum. Concerned enough to send out a WhatsApp message (from earlier threads) to people they knew. Concerned enough to drive round looking for her. Concerned enough to call the police.

None of that is consistent with that being normal or regular for her. I shared a student house with someone that often didn't come home. It was usual so we didn't worry
We don’t know whether that was usual or not- what would have alerted them that night is they specifically sent her home and paid for the taxi, when they rang home because she didn’t text them, she wasn’t there. That is why they alerted police and searches for her and has no reflection on us guessing that previously she didn’t stay out at night (some may infer that the reason the friends did that is actually because they didn’t trust her to get home herself and may have previously gone wandering off when drunk)

10:38
Trial resumes
Justice Lambert is now sitting and Relowicz - wearing the same blue suit - is on his way from the dock to the witness box to continue giving evidence.

The jury are being brought in.

Relowicz keeps glancing up at Libby’s mum and dad in the public gallery.

Mr Wright will continue to cross-examine him now.

Pawel quizzed by prosecutors as he returns to the witness box

Except we have the expert opinion that she would struggle to run away I'm assuming because she would struggle to run.

And PR has not himself suggested it even when her running away after getting annoyed with him would have made that version more believable.

And he did not mention her walking into the park even tho that would support that story

She wouldn't need to run if she entered the park herself

10:49
Cross-examination continues: Relowicz says he lied to police
Prosecution barrister Richard Wright QC has asked Relowicz: “Can we, this morning, move on to examine first of all some of the lies you told in interview? But more importantly to understand why you say you were out at all on January 31.”

Relowicz accepts he lied to police when he told them he had parked in Haworth Street to go for a run.

He has confirmed the places he was driving were the places he knew there would be opportunities to come into contact with women or look through their windows.

10:55
Relowicz confirms again he was 'looking for a woman' when he saw Libby
Mr Wright said: “The route that you took was one that took you through a student area. You knew that students go to nightclubs and pubs drinking. A lot of the places you were driving you were driving because you knew there would be students on the streets.”

Relowicz said: “I knew there would be women not students.”

Mr Wright said: “You knew there would be female students out in this area and that’s what you were looking for wasn’t it?”

Relowicz says he was looking for a woman not a student.

“Any woman would do, is that the case?” Mr Wright asked.

Relowicz said: “Yes.”

She does but had as much time as needed for it to happen..hours even

But she left nothing traceable in the park. No coat, no knickers. If she was drunk enough to fall into the river after being in the park for a while, wouldnt you expect her to leave some kind of trace behind? Vomit, bits of clothing and even possibly being caught on yeast factory cctv stumbling around the river bank.

11:00
'I knew that once I would meet a pretty woman I would masturbate'
Mr Wright said: “As you were driving about in your car were you thinking about what you would do to a woman?”

He said: “I knew that once I would meet a pretty woman I would masturbate.

“It was stuck in my head because it made me happy.”

Relowicz says he “does not remember” where he was the 12 minutes his car was not picked up by CCTV. It was last picked up going into Sculcoates Lane.

Relowicz says he “does not even” know the street but had not found a woman to masturbate at before meeting Libby.

he wasn’t worried because, according to his testimony, they had had consensual intercourse. If that was the case, Why would he think she would report it?
10:49
Cross-examination continues: Relowicz says he lied to police
Prosecution barrister Richard Wright QC has asked Relowicz: “Can we, this morning, move on to examine first of all some of the lies you told in interview? But more importantly to understand why you say you were out at all on January 31.”

Relowicz accepts he lied to police when he told them he had parked in Haworth Street to go for a run.

He has confirmed the places he was driving were the places he knew there would be opportunities to come into contact with women or look through their windows.

If he is examining PR's lies it will be a busy morning !!

But she left nothing traceable in the park. No coat, no knickers. If she was drunk enough to fall into the river after being in the park for a while, wouldnt you expect her to leave some kind of trace behind? Vomit, bits of clothing and even possibly being caught on yeast factory cctv stumbling around the river bank.

Its possible either way not conclusive...there was snow and they didn't start a forensic search of the park for days ..it could be said the same if she had been attacked in the park ? Why no evidence? ..I think yes if they had found an item of her clothing or vomit etc it would have helped for either scenario but absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence unfortunately for us

My problem with the suicide defence is that there is no evidence at trial or in general that someone who is raped immediately commits suicide - it's speculation

Overall I find the idea that Libby put herself in the river intentionally or by accident to be speculative at best - there is no evidence of it. But at the same time, we have a rapist who just attacked her, and delivered false testimony about how he left her that night ...

hmmm

I am so glad you are here MrJ because your posts always (without fail) make things seem much more logical.

11:05
Relowicz questioned over trip to Oak Road
He says he knew - apart from the house where Sam Alford lived - there was no other houses on Oak Road.

Relowicz said he has “never parked his vehicle” at the end of Oak Road, but Mr Wright says his headlights were caught on the end of the street.

Relowicz said this was where his car turned around.

He says the first time he visited Oak Road on January 31 it “was not about masturbating, but watching someone” but could not find anyone.

Relowicz said he later visited Alexandra Road and walked around to see if he could see a woman to masturbate at, but did not find anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member