UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes been living here since he was 18 im sure he has a very good understanding of English. My friend is from Bulgaria she spoke very little English when she moved here, you'd be surprised how quickly you can pick up languages when living in a country.

Out of interest does any body know if they teach any languages at Polish schools? My friend was taught Russian and English at school.

Hes been living here since he was 18 im sure he has a very good understanding of English. My friend is from Bulgaria she spoke very little English when she moved here, you'd be surprised how quickly you can pick up languages when living in a country.

Out of interest does any body know if they teach any languages at Polish schools? My friend was taught Russian and English at school.
I know a few polish people and their English is better than many English people. Our lab tech is Polish and excellent at telling us where to go if we're late with requests

Yes. And why isn't the prosecuting counsel challenging him with this fact? I can't see how pressing him to just agree that he raped and killed Libby is all that productive.

I assume/hope he is. There is a lot less speech reported than the *time allows, so it is hard to know what is being omitted in the reporting, but I agree with you this one is a key bit

eta * over 2 hrs in today but not 2hrs’ worth of speech reported I mean

16:11
Relowicz accused of leaving calling cards
During his previous offences Relowicz had left behind condoms.

Mr Wright said: “I suggest you were leaving calling cards. You wanted that woman to know you’ve been in her house and masturbated didn’t you?

“Because you got a kick out of scaring these women didn’t you?”

Relowicz says “this is not true”.

Pawel quizzed by prosecutors as he returns to the witness box

I thought English was taught at every school where it isn’t their first language. Could be wrong mind.

And with this in mind I took higher German and couldn’t string a sentence together now but if I lived in Germany sure it would be different..

I was learning Russian at school ,but even he was learning English I dont think so it would really help him in England
he was working with Polish people, have Polish friends and wife I think he didn't use English too much in every day life
I was learning Russian at school but younger generations learn english but it is really basic and if someone didnt do very well at school they wouldn't be able have conversation base on what they learn at school.
he also left Poland pretty early so I guess he dosen't have higher education to master his english at school

Yes. And why isn't the prosecuting counsel challenging him with this fact? I can't see how pressing him to just agree that he raped and killed Libby is all that productive.

Indeed why isn't he challenging him upon it? Unless he is saving it for a summing up in a 'I put it to you scenario' type of way perhaps

16:18
Prosecution claim Relowicz got a kick out of scaring women

Mr Wright out it to Relowicz: “You wanted to be seen and you wanted these women to be frightened. And the reason you left behind these trophies, you had no previous convictions so you could leave your DNA in these places without worrying about it couldn’t you?”

Relowicz said: “This is not true. I didn’t even think about that before, I didn’t have a clue.”

Relowicz was caught staring at a woman through her window. The woman said he “didn’t seem concerned” that he had been seen.

He says he did not realise he had been seen.

Mr Wright said: “Not just enough to watch - you need to confront these women don’t you?

“When you can see they’re scared, does that make you more excited?”

Relowicz denies this.

But if you were aware of its tidal nature it's highly likely PR would be as well wouldn't he? It just makes it more suspicious to return at 2.30
I doubt it if he doesnt speak english, theres no signs in polish about tidal flows of the river however, if he has fished the river then he may well have looked into and been informed but to plan it for that night, naaa no plan to his evil ways, i have some photos here that i have just been to take. High tide/low tide one will still be in great trouble if in the river with no support and if it was really low tie you would get stuck in the mud and sink. Returning at 230..could be something he thought of yeah i guess why not.

Legal question - If a juror isn't familiar with, for example Voyeurism or tidal rivers, could they go home at night and research it? Or is that something they're told they can't do?

ETA - I'd specifically like answers from people with legal expertise.

Last edited:
He does have an interpreter with him

Trial ready to resume
Justice Lambert is now sitting, the jury has been called up. An interpreter is waiting by the witness box for Relowicz to enter the court.
he maybe have interpreter with him but he clearly answering questions on his own and he is not doing himself a favour
Im surprise his lawyer let him do this

16:22
Voyeurism not enough
Relowicz is being asked about an occasion where he carried out a sex act in front of two women on the corner of Alexandra Road.

Mr Wright said: “You didn’t run away, you stepped out with your trousers pulled down to your thighs and your penis exposed as you masturbated.

“You were staring at them as you were doing it. Knowing that they had seen you and could see that made you sexually excited.”

Relowicz has denied that.

Mr Wright said: “Just 19 days before Libby Squire entered your car.”

He also referred to the Wellesley Avenue offence on January 20, 2019, less than two weeks before Libby vanished.

Mr Wright said: “You pursued two women and you were so sexually excited you ejaculated over the front door.

“It wasn’t enough for you that they had seen you or that they were scared. This time you wanted to pursue them didn’t you?”

Relowicz says that is “not correct.”

No but I think it is reasonable to assume that if one local is very sure of it's nature it's not unreasonable to assume others would be. He did fly his drone there on the 30th. He did check it earlier and he does take his son there.

Knowing it was tidal and Knowing the tide times so well as to go back are 2 different things
The drone will definitely show in court he knew there was a river at his disposal..it cant be assumed he knew when the tide high

If you add it to all the other stuff it's not unreasonable to assume he knew that river was useful.

16:25
'If it hadn't been Libby it would have been someone else'
Mr Wright said: “. Were your sexual urges increasing that January? Was your ability to control those urges decreasing?”

Relowicz said: “It was the same.”

Mr Wright said: “If it hadn’t have been Libby Squire Mr Relowicz it would have been someone else because this was just the opportunity you were looking for.”

Relowicz denies this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads