UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats what they need to get him though i doubt he planned for that, it sounds too - hang on actually yeah i suppose but he might of googled that one and it show up on his footprint/browsing history which it hasnt. I think he was spontaneous.
IN truth and i know its perhaps silly but not impossible, i feel maybe there are some hidden cameras around that belong to the authorities and they know what really happened but cant ever reveal their ways to protect others in the future or catch criminals etc. It crosses my mind, I always wondered why they never put cameras in that park/fields/pond.
But if you were aware of its tidal nature it's highly likely PR would be as well wouldn't he? It just makes it more suspicious to return at 2.30

14:14
No sexual motivation in approaching Libby, Relowicz insists
Relowicz admitted he was out looking to commit acts of voyeurism and a way of sating his sexual urges.

But when he came across Libby he insists he had no motivation initially other than to help her.

Mr Wright said: “Should we say you managed to suppress your sexual urges while you were with this girl?”

He said: “Correct.”

“And although you told us yesterday you were looking for easy sex this lost, hypothermic and drunk girl was not easy sex is that right?”

Relowicz said: “She wanted my help and I only wanted to help her.”

Pawel quizzed by prosecutors as he returns to the witness box

BBM: Ha ha Round of applause to Mr Wright!

I'm not sure PR is doing himself many favours. Naming things that have been said like depression. No evidence at all she was depressed and they weren't together long enough for a counselling session.

Secondly yesterday he said she said something like hey man help me. No student I know would say 'man' it's not common vernacular in this day and age. If anything she'd have said 'hey you'
I don't think he meant depression in the way that we understand depression. I think he meant she was weepy and upset. MOO

But if you were aware of its tidal nature it's highly likely PR would be as well wouldn't he? It just makes it more suspicious to return at 2.30

Only if we "knew" he was aware it was tidal ..no such thing has been presented by the prosecution...certainly no Google on his phone has been presented in court ?
Even if he knew it was tidal its madness to think he knew off the top of his head the tide times that day

15:14
Prosecution accuses Relowicz of lying to police during his first interview
Mr Wright has said when police arrested Relowicz on February 6, he understood full well that it was essential that he told them about where, when and how he had last seen Libby.

He said: “You knew exactly who she was didn’t you?”

Relowicz said: “I didn’t.”

He’s been asked what he thought he was being asked about.

He said he knew a girl had gone missing but he was not sure it was the same one that was in his car.

Relowicz said: “Last time I saw her she was crying and desperate, what else can I say?”

Mr Wright said: “You could have told that to the police if it was true?”

He said: “I did.”

Mr Wright said: “You said, ‘I don’t know how am I supposed to know?’ you didn’t say anything about her being alive and well as far as you were concerned.”

Relowicz said: “They asked me if she was alive and how would I know if she was.”

15:15
Relowicz says he knew how urgent it was to find Libby
The court has been told Relowicz told officers “That’s the whole truth” and that he “wanted to help so she was found.”

Mr Wright said, “That was a lie wasn’t it?”

He has denied that.

Mr Wright said: “You could have said, ‘I last saw her on Oak Road why don’t you go and look there?’”

Relowicz said: “I said I’d been there.”

Mr Wright said: “No you didn’t. You went on to describe going to Oak Road but you weren’t telling police what happened there were you?”

He said: “I did not say we had sex under the streetlights and I didn’t mention sex to them because I had two children and a wife and I didn’t want her to know I had cheated on her.”

He says he knew how urgent it was for police to find Libby.

He said: “I told them more or less what I know I just did not mention sex or her scratching my face.”

15:19
Relowicz 'deliberately told lies'
Mr Wright says Relowicz made a deliberate decision to tell lies.

But Relowicz said: “It was not. I had two children and a wife and I did not want her to find out I’d cheated. I didn’t kill her, I didn’t rape her and I left that where I left that.”

Mr Wright has asked why Relowicz did not just warn officers he wanted to tell them something he did not want his wife to know.

Relowicz said: “First thing is I have never been arrested, the second is that when they charged me with the other offences they told my wife she needs to find another man because I will be in prison.”

Mr Wright pointed outRelowicz was not arrested for the other offences until February 9.

I don't think it's clear exactly where she went in.

I agree ..no one knows exactly the point she entered the water ...there are areas she could have slipped in and at some point be carried down river ...and also areas he could have put her in

Imo no real way of taking anything from the type river bank whatever side of the fence people sit

Mr Wright said: “That is the state of that girl you had sex with in the dark on the ground at Oak Road.”

Relowicz said: “I had sex with her but it wasn’t dark. From what I believe there were street lights there.”

Answered like a Tory mp being interviewed by Piers Morgan on GMB!

This is the first time he's mentioned he thought of taking her to a police station isn't it? Is he just making stuff up on the spot now?

The police station is at the other end of Oak Road, across the main road iirc. So he was kind of on the way there. I don’t believe for a minute he was taking her there, but it’s geographically viable I suppose.

EDIT only accessible on foot/bike so scrap that thought!

Last edited:
15:23
Prosecution claims Relowicz knew Libby was 'not safe and sound'
Mr Wright said: “Did you think you didn’t have to tell them that because you knew she was dead and in the river so you would never have to tell them you had consensual sex with her because you knew she would never come forward as a witness?”

Relowicz said: “That’s not true.”

Mr Wright said: “You knew she wasn’t going to be found safe and sound and you never thought she would be found because of where you put her.”

He said: “That’s not true.”

Mr Wright said: “Just as you had a bath and washed your clothes you thought if they found her body they’d never know you had sex with her.”

The police station is at the other end of Oak Road, across the main road iirc. So he was kind of on the way there. I don’t believe for a minute he was taking her there, but it’s geographically viable I supposed
No, it isn't, because Oak Road is not a through route for vehicles. You can walk or cycle the length of it, but there are barriers to anything larger.

The police station is at the other end of Oak Road, across the main road iirc. So he was kind of on the way there. I don’t believe for a minute he was taking her there, but it’s geographically viable I supposed

Yes it inadvertently helps his case that she lived near the playing fields

He was quick off the mark to say to the prosecution..I told the police I'd left her at Oak rd to help them find her I just didn't tell them about the sex ...in theory a good come back ...shame he didn't phone the police as soon as he saw she was missing

Mr Wright has asked why Relowicz did not just warn officers he wanted to tell them something he did not want his wife to know.

Relowicz said: “First thing is I have never been arrested, the second is that when they charged me with the other offences they told my wife she needs to find another man because I will be in prison.”

Mr Wright pointed outRelowicz was not arrested for the other offences until February 9.

I like Mr Wright; catching out PR for stating his reason at police interview was something that had happened in the past when it hadn’t in fact actually happened yet! I don’t think PR taking the stand helped him yesterday or today, he must have insisted because his lawyer would have seen for sure he would be a lousy witness.

15:23
Prosecution claims Relowicz knew Libby was 'not safe and sound'
Mr Wright said: “Did you think you didn’t have to tell them that because you knew she was dead and in the river so you would never have to tell them you had consensual sex with her because you knew she would never come forward as a witness?”

Relowicz said: “That’s not true.”

Mr Wright said: “You knew she wasn’t going to be found safe and sound and you never thought she would be found because of where you put her.”

He said: “That’s not true.”

Mr Wright said: “Just as you had a bath and washed your clothes you thought if they found her body they’d never know you had sex with her.”

Ooh killer blow there. Very confident she wouldn't report rape so no need to mention sex. Very confident if she was found water would have washed away evidence.

So very safe to prepare a further condom later on

Not sure he's been wise doing this. Would have been safer to plead guilty to rape.

Only if we "knew" he was aware it was tidal ..no such thing has been presented by the prosecution...certainly no Google on his phone has been presented in court ?
Even if he knew it was tidal its madness to think he knew off the top of his head the tide times that day

As a Fisher woman I always had my tide table pocket book. Bought in advance every year

As a Fisher woman I always had my tide table pocket book. Bought in advance every year

It hasn't been presented in court he is a fisherman or has a book so no help really...do we even know how often he fished or where on an informal basis ...I get the theory behind it but its not something we can really use to make a decision on imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member