UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a real pity they weren't caught on that cctv overlooking the park because the manner they got into ORPF could have completely changed the case.

So the Croda CCTV sort of means the events had to have unfolded near the pond/abandoned buildings, which I remember were a major part of the search and where at least one witness said screams were to have come from. Being stuck with PW between the pond on one side and the river on the other is a scary thought, and running in either direction would have likely been fatal.

Thank you, I'd forgotten about the vodka on top - agree spirits are an awful mix with wine, especially home measures. But..screaming in the street? I am sure hypothermia took it to another level. She was underdressed for the weather and its symptoms are fatigue, confusion and slurred speech (numerous people who tried to help just couldn't understand her). All it takes apparently is for your normal body temperature of 37 degrees to drop below 35, after which you should be in hospital. Hypothermia

But he drove her down a dead end road, raped her and just left her there. If he truly thought it was consensual sex and that she was fine when he left, why did he go back to check? What was he checking? I’m sure he didn’t think she would still be hanging around in the same spot 2 hours later.

This is also what I struggle with...why the last visit?

Was it ~
1. To check if she was still hanging about there after the rape? (2 hours later is a long time to wait to check if someone you had consensual sex with outdoors on a freezing winters night is ok)
2. To put her in the river?
3. To check if her body was gone after putting her in the river?
4. To retrieve evidence left behind?
5. To see if the police where there?

Also the fact he went home and bathed and washed his clothes before going back too and didn't take his phone either.

Also can someone please confirm; was the other woman he stalked that night before or after his encounter with Libby?

Yes I totally agree, thank you for saying this. It's been a case that seems to have touched many people very deeply, so heartbreaking and yes lives have been ruined forever. I'm sure we will all be especially thinking about Libby on the anniversary of the night a series of terrible events lead to her untimely death. May justice be served, may dear Libby rest in peace and may her family and friends find some solace in knowing and loving such a special girl albeit for a cruelly short time.

Thank you, I'd forgotten about the vodka on top - agree spirits are an awful mix with wine, especially home measures. But..screaming in the street? I am sure hypothermia took it to another level. She was underdressed for the weather and its symptoms are fatigue, confusion and slurred speech (numerous people who tried to help just couldn't understand her). All it takes apparently is for your normal body temperature of 37 degrees to drop below 35, after which you should be in hospital. Hypothermia

I had also forgotten, it can be a lethal combination. However someone with English as their second language was able to understand her perfectly ???

The other lady was after his 3rd visit to ORPF

I believe its number two. I cant think of any other reason for his 3rd visit.

Thank you vera. So he was out pretty much all evening, all night and into early hours both before and after Libby. When did he sleep? I've never heard of behaviour quite like it. I'd really be fascinated to read a psychologists assessment of him.

I edited it on Photoshop. But I'm not sure its possible, the scale is far too large to be a human
I can definitely see a man standing. I can see his 2 legs clearly in tight trousers. He is carrying a person dressed in black with the head hanging over one end and bare legs the other looking unconscious in exactly the position to throw in the river. This is what I can clearly see here but it can't be as others have already stated the police and prosecution would use this as evidence if it really was that and the timing is not correct as PR couldn't have got back to his car in time to be seen driving off on CCTV at 12.19. It is a creepy image though I have to say.

This is also what I struggle with...why the last visit?

Was it ~
1. To check if she was still hanging about there after the rape? (2 hours later is a long time to wait to check if someone you had consensual sex with outdoors on a freezing winters night is ok)
2. To put her in the river?
3. To check if her body was gone after putting her in the river?
4. To retrieve evidence left behind?
5. To see if the police where there?

Also the fact he went home and bathed and washed his clothes before going back too and didn't take his phone either.

Also can someone please confirm; was the other woman he stalked that night before or after his encounter with Libby?

Could be 2.,3 or 4 .

He definitely raped her IMO but no evidence to suggest her murdered her has been made public yet.
His behaviour suggests it. We're not talking about another student out that night, who was maybe as intoxicated, cold and disorientated as Libby was. We're talking about a serial offender with serious paraphilic disorders. That changes the equation.

I can definitely see a man standing. I can see his 2 legs clearly in tight trousers.
Just picking up here that Sam Alford said he saw a man in light trousers. This seems to have been mistranscribed in later mentions as "tight" trousers. I'm sure the former is the correct version as looking out at night you would be likely to distinguish whether the man's trousers were dark or light - but not so much the fit!

Yes this is what I think too.

PR returning to the park is unbelievably suspicious and as the prosecution said during the trial, why would he go back there if he had just raped someone. Because if LS had wandered out of ORPF and informed someone what had happened, the police would have been at the scene shortly afterwards. He knows she didn't leave the park, that's why he returned, twice, because he knew police weren't going to be there. So I would probably cross 5 off the list!

I can definitely see a man standing. I can see his 2 legs clearly in tight trousers. He is carrying a person dressed in black with the head hanging over one end and bare legs the other looking unconscious in exactly the position to throw in the river. This is what I can clearly see here but it can't be as others have already stated the police and prosecution would use this as evidence if it really was that and the timing is not correct as PR couldn't have got back to his car in time to be seen driving off on CCTV at 12.19. It is a creepy image though I have to say.
What side are the bare legs as you look at the image. Are they on the left? Is everyone seeing the same thing (4 of you now have seen it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ma1love