Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Libby Squire trial CCTV

Re the Mauri cams, which buildings do you reckon they're positioned on? CAM 2 I supposed to be on or above the Mauri reception building (Gate 1 on Stockholm Rd) given the tiles, but if so, what are the adjacent square shapes? I couldn't see a match on Google streetview or satellite for them - the reception just looks like a freestanding box. And I find it hard to figure out the scale eg is that a parked car, or a bit of rubbish?

And are we thinking that sweeping CAM3 shows the biggest of the Mauri tanks, the one with the grey lid opposite the derelict boat houses (entrance Gate 4 on Narvick Road)?

Apologies in advance for repetition. I searched backwards for Mauri in the threads and couldn't find detailed discussion of the likely position of the cameras upon specific buildings, but apologies if I've missed it. Any help getting my bearings appreciated!

The Mauri cam is looking across the River Hull towards Oak Road. It's a lower angle of this view:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 17.55.51.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 17.55.51.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Great find. And it does illustrate the snow which does make everything much brighter
Am I right in thinking
Hi
I am local to the case and have been following every thread since the beginning. I work off Beverley Road and know the area very well. I have been following with interest but could lurk no longer. I have watched the recently linked cctv slowed down and with my brightness turned up. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I have just had my husband look at the screenshot I have taken without telling him why and he noticed exactly the same.
I feel as though I can see two figures, just to the right of the red arrow from the yeast factory CCTV. One figure appears to be underneath the other as if being held. I'm sure LE will have spent absolutely hours pouring over this footage and of course we are not getting every word from the court. I'd be interested in anyone elses thoughts on the image. It was taken at 00.18.53.333 before the red arrows appear.
Where please? I can't see what you mean.

I feel I would like to say something more general. I am not particularly a follower of real crime and I very much doubt I will ever appear on this forum again. I happened across the news of Libby's disappearance at the time (and that of the equally sad case of Leah Croucher) and it just struck something in my heart. I have followed it closely here ever since but only now chosen to make any comment on it. I feel deeply uncomfortable about doing so. This poor girl has lost her life and the lives of her family, friends, and very likely also the good samaritans who sought to intervene have been irretrievably ruined. When discussing the merits or otherwise of eachothers opinions let us never forget that it is Libby and they that are all that matters.
Welcome steve! It was both Libby & Leah that brought me to WS too.

My understanding is only the sweeping camera is Mauri, the other cams are part of a private CCTV system on Claremont avenue.
?
The Mauri cam is looking across the River Hull towards Oak Road. It's a lower angle of this view:

Thanks both - I don't know why I thought there were two Mauri-cams but that makes more sense. (And sorry to make to repeat yourself Vermont24! :))

Great find! One thing I was thinking about the CCTV is when we see the lights flashing when he has returned to the car at 12.19 is it possible that he is still quite a way away from the car but unlocked it on his way? As we don't physically see him. My husband does this in tescos he will unlock the car from quite a distance a way as he walking over to it. I have no idea whether there is any info regarding the distance key fobs are able to unlock PR's particular type of car but I thought it might be worth mentioning as in theory it could add some time onto the end of the tight timescales.
That is correct he could do, but at 12.20 his car is driving on a different road- so he had 60 seconds to run back and pull his car back out onto the main road.

A lot has been said about how drunk she was on that night, I drink wine and I know that some nights I can drink a bottle and not be up nor down whereas other nights I can have 1 glass and feel really drunk - I went to a concert in my home town last year, had a few wines before with a meal and a few drinks before the concert, my Partner decided he didnt want to stand for the concert so we separated when we met up afterwards, I was so drunk I cant remember hardly anything about the concert but I can remember staggering about, yet I hadn't had that much to drink, I think my partner thought I had been having sneaky drinks at the bar. I think what Im trying to say is when you drink wine it is very unpredictable.

It sure is. I found the numerous accounts of Libby screaming and lying on the ground really disturbing. I know it doesn't really matter either way in terms of the trial - she was vulnerable and incapable of giving consent, that's all that counts - but she'd had, according to pals, just a bottle of rose that night or something like that? It's so strange to the point where I wonder if hypothermia is the real cause of her erratic behaviour that night, rather than the alcohol. I remember a public information film from my youth about hypothermia (perhaps some other UK posters here do too), that showed a man staggering about in the snow, to educate people that hypothermia looks very similar to drunkenness.

I find it tragic (yet totally understand) how people saw she was in trouble and some tried to help but everyone eventually backed off because she appeared to be an out of control drunk and therefore unhelpable. I hope following this case closely affects what I will do if I see someone in a similar position.

Great find. And it does illustrate the snow which does make everything much brighter
Am I right in thinking
Hi
I am local to the case and have been following every thread since the beginning. I work off Beverley Road and know the area very well. I have been following with interest but could lurk no longer. I have watched the recently linked cctv slowed down and with my brightness turned up. I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I have just had my husband look at the screenshot I have taken without telling him why and he noticed exactly the same.
I feel as though I can see two figures, just to the right of the red arrow from the yeast factory CCTV. One figure appears to be underneath the other as if being held. I'm sure LE will have spent absolutely hours pouring over this footage and of course we are not getting every word from the court. I'd be interested in anyone elses thoughts on the image. It was taken at 00.18.53.333 before the red arrows appear.
Where please? I can't see what you mean.
Can you put a circle around where you mean and screenshot if possible please? Cant work out where to look.
Cud you pls put a dot above each head?

I am also unsure they will prove murder. How about manslaughter, given he left a drunk vulnerable girl in a park in the middle of the night in snowy weather, after raping her? She would almost certainly be alive if he’d taken her home like he promised.
You would hope so, but legally standing with no evidence other than him leaving her, which many had done earlier in the evening -
I’m not sure they could do manslaughter either. It would have to be so well worded and avoid implying any of the other witness statements also made them culpable.

following this case closely affects what I will do if I see someone in a similar position.

My time spent on Websleuths has made me super aware of dangerous situations. I lived in a student town for a while studying and no students could have gone missing on my road because I was so vigilant. I even refused to let the landlord in the house because I thought he was a burglar and took photos of him and his car. Avoid water at all costs after drinking and if you ever see someone like LS alone, even if they're rude, you have to wait with them ;)

You would hope so, but legally standing with no evidence other than him leaving her, which many had done earlier in the evening -
I’m not sure they could do manslaughter either. It would have to be so well worded and avoid implying any of the other witness statements also made them culpable.

But he drove her down a dead end road, raped her and just left her there. If he truly thought it was consensual sex and that she was fine when he left, why did he go back to check? What was he checking? I’m sure he didn’t think she would still be hanging around in the same spot 2 hours later.

A lot has been said about how drunk she was on that night, I drink wine and I know that some nights I can drink a bottle and not be up nor down whereas other nights I can have 1 glass and feel really drunk - I went to a concert in my home town last year, had a few wines before with a meal and a few drinks before the concert, my Partner decided he didnt want to stand for the concert so we separated when we met up afterwards, I was so drunk I cant remember hardly anything about the concert but I can remember staggering about, yet I hadn't had that much to drink, I think my partner thought I had been having sneaky drinks at the bar. I think what Im trying to say is when you drink wine it is very unpredictable.
She had been drinking vodka on top of the wine though. It's probably the mix that did the damage.

It sure is. I found the numerous accounts of Libby screaming and lying on the ground really disturbing. I know it doesn't really matter either way in terms of the trial - she was vulnerable and incapable of giving consent, that's all that counts - but she'd had, according to pals, just a bottle of rose that night or something like that? It's so strange to the point where I wonder if hypothermia is the real cause of her erratic behaviour that night, rather than the alcohol. I remember a public information film from my youth about hypothermia (perhaps some other UK posters here do too), that showed a man staggering about in the snow, to educate people that hypothermia looks very similar to drunkenness.

I find it tragic (yet totally understand) how people saw she was in trouble and some tried to help but everyone eventually backed off because she appeared to be an out of control drunk and therefore unhelpable. I hope following this case closely affects what I will do if I see someone in a similar position.

Me too

It could be all kinds of things. Maybe she hadn't eaten much, maybe she was tired, maybe she had a bit of cold, maybe she was due her period - all of those tiny things (as I'm sure most of us have experienced) can make you way drunker off a few drinks then it would usually.

Also, quite possible she had far more vodka than her mates thought. It's easy to count the amount of wine when you've had one bottle, but it's pretty easy to free pour way more than you think when you're on the spirits. At that point in time, her mates had no reason to be monitoring her alcohol intake. They only thought about it after the awful events.

I feel I would like to say something more general. I am not particularly a follower of real crime and I very much doubt I will ever appear on this forum again. I happened across the news of Libby's disappearance at the time (and that of the equally sad case of Leah Croucher) and it just struck something in my heart. I have followed it closely here ever since but only now chosen to make any comment on it. I feel deeply uncomfortable about doing so. This poor girl has lost her life and the lives of her family, friends, and very likely also the good samaritans who sought to intervene have been irretrievably ruined. When discussing the merits or otherwise of eachothers opinions let us never forget that it is Libby and they that are all that matters.
Yes I totally agree, thank you for saying this. It's been a case that seems to have touched many people very deeply, so heartbreaking and yes lives have been ruined forever. I'm sure we will all be especially thinking about Libby on the anniversary of the night a series of terrible events lead to her untimely death. May justice be served, may dear Libby rest in peace and may her family and friends find some solace in knowing and loving such a special girl albeit for a cruelly short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ma1love