UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:44
CCTV cameras forced Relowicz to kill - prosecution claims

Mr Wright said: “Having raped that girl, you knew that if she came forward and complained of rape, that camera would have picked you up. And that’s why you killed her didn’t you? Because the problem you had, the problem you couldn’t control meant you wanted to keep on offending.

“You raped her and you killed her and that’s why when you went into the police station you missed out any consensual activity because you knew there was no chance that girl was going to walk in and accuse you of rape. Because you knew she was dead and in the river. That’s the truth isn’t it?”

Relowicz said: “This is not true.”

The Cross examination has now finished and there are no further questions from the defence team of the judge.

Pawel Relowicz returns to witness stand as week two of trial ends
Hmmmm- it’s a bit of a stretch to throw a body in the river and naively believe the body would not be found. There’s plenty of news articles about bodies being recovered from the river. He may have hoped his dna had vanished, but I don’t think he thought there would never be a body recovered and previously the prosecution argument has been based around his knowledge of CCTV helping him, now it’s his worst enemy. Sometimes I tip my hat off to the prosecution, other times I struggle to see his point.

Hmmmm- it’s a bit of a stretch to throw a body in the river and naively believe the body would not be found. There’s plenty of news articles about bodies being recovered from the river. He may have hoped his dna had vanished, but I don’t think he thought there would never be a body recovered and previously the prosecution argument has been based around his knowledge of CCTV helping him, now it’s his worst enemy. Sometimes I tip my hat off to the prosecution, other times I struggle to see his point.

The point is the water destroys evidence, and she can't talk, and she may never be found.

The fact that she might be found doesn't change that

There was another forensically aware killer in the UK some years back killing prostitutes who threw them all into water for this reason.

The point is the water destroys evidence, and she can't talk, and she may never be found.

The fact that she might be found doesn't change that

There was another forensically aware killer in the UK some years back killing prostitutes who threw them all into water for this reason.

Stephen Wright?
Edited got his name wrong Steve Wright.

Well that’s frustrating as if they were filthy and covered in mud and his wife washed them the next day she would know. Likewise if he had washed them himself his wife would also know- yet there is no testimony that we have heard of from his wife.

But they were not being questioned by the police after being charged with murder. I am sure the police would have asked further questions about when and by whom the trousers were washed.

Did he not say previously he had washed his own clothes that night or am I mistaken?

15:51
'Emotionally broken' for cheating on his wife
Relowicz says his wife did not know about him having sex with Libby but asked why he had gone out.

He says he told her he had been “running.”

He says he washed his clothes as his trousers were wet and had green marks and he wanted to “hide” this from his wife.

Relowicz said: “I was emotionally broken down that I had cheated on my wife.”

BBM, original report copied onto thread #20 by @jamjim when PR questioned by defence counsel

Last edited:
Relowicz says his wife did not know about him having sex with Libby but asked why he had gone out.

He says he washed his clothes as his trousers were wet and had green marks and he wanted to “hide” this from his wife.

Running in jeans? Even if that is what he told his wife she couldn't possibly have believed him. JMO

So emotionally broken,he went back and watched *advertiser censored*,then was out stalking another woman and wanking on the street.

I agree. I think there are some contradictions.

Well that’s frustrating as if they were filthy and covered in mud and his wife washed them the next day she would know. Likewise if he had washed them himself his wife would also know- yet there is no testimony that we have heard of from his wife.

Totally, it would be very hard to miss wet, green and mud stained jeans. Along with the usual checks of checking pockets before you wash. If my husband popped a pair of jeans on a washing pile I’d be turning them inside out and making sure pockets were empty. Plus he said he washed them himself.

10:39
Relowicz admits lying about getting not getting out of his car

In police interviews, Relowicz said he never got out of his car when he returned to Oak Road a third time.

But during the trial he described getting out of his car.

Relowicz said: “I just didn’t want police to know I had sex with her, I didn’t want my wife to find out and I didn’t want police to know because I didn’t know if it was illegal or not.”

RSBM. BBM. Why would he think he’s done anything illegal by having sexual contact with Libby. Slipped up there o_O

Wonder if his wife queried why he was having a bath in the early hours when they had young children sleeping? I know some children are sound sleepers but I wouldnt have made unnecessary noise at that time of night with youngsters in bed.

This. If my husband was out all hours anyway there’d be ‘discussions’ ;) but getting in and running a bath at 1am? I wonder did they lead fairly separate lives. With a wife, two little ones and a dog even just being out constantly (when he was doing his other crimes) is just very....odd.

11:07
Neighbour heard screaming

Drew Brewster has now been called to the witness box.

Relowicz is looking up at the public gallery.

Mr Brewster says he was a student living on Claremont Avenue when Libby went missing.

He says he called the police later on February 1 after hearing a scream in the early hours of that morning and made a statement.

Mr Brewster says it was around 12.30am that he heard the scream. He says he checked the time.

He said: “It was a female’s screams that we heard. There was around eight to ten seconds between the screams, and there were about three of them.

“Initially, I thought it was an animal and then later when I realised I would say they sounded frightened. They were definitely coming from the fields behind the property.”

BBM, original report copied onto thread #20 by @jamjim when PR questioned by defence counsel

Thanks for that, I was sure I had read that, he is lying all the time, he can’t help himself

But it's not naive to think evidence of rape would be washed away given victims are usually told not to wash or change until they've been examined. I think a lot more evidence might have been lost had she walked around afterwards.

And again it would depend on how secure he was in where he'd placed her.

Remember that story that got into the media that he claimed he was working as a taxi driver?

I've often wondered if that is what he told her and that was true

I remember this clearly. It seems to me to be the most likely reason and would cover him coming home ,having a bath, then going out again ,as someone had phoned for a taxi.

Did he say anywhere what he told his wife he was doing when he went out again after the bath?

Surely she wouldn’t believe he needed fresh air or exercise after already having been “running” for over 3 hours?

10:41
Relowicz accused of returning to 'clean up' after killing Libby

Mr Wright said: “You were lying because you got out of your car to make sure you had cleaned up after what you had done to Libby Squire.

It wasn’t just raping her that you knew you’d done was it? Because if you’d just raped her you wouldn’t dare to go back. Because you would have expected the police to be there. You knew it was safe to go back because she wasn’t going to tell anybody what you’d done, because you’d killed her hadn’t you?

“And that’s why, Mr Relowicz, you didn’t have a phone with you that night so you couldn’t be tracked. That’s why you changed your trousers and made sure they were washed, and made sure you had a bath. Is that why you were seen cleaning your car Mr Relowicz?”

Relowicz has denied the claims.

BBM. Boom! Yes! There it is, why would he return after the rape, there could have been police in the area. He knew Libby was not there alive. That is a huge very important point made by the prosecution. He returned to put her in the water I believe. I think he killed her during or after the rape, I think the rape happened either in his car or she got out and ran to escape him forcing himself on her. I think he left her there and only came back later on to put her body in the water. And on foot.. he probably thought it was too dark for cameras to catch him walking, didn’t want his car seen in the area a second time.

BBM. Boom! Yes! There it is, why would he return after the rape, there could have been police in the area. He knew Libby was not there alive. That is a huge very important point made by the prosecution. He returned to put her in the water I believe. I think he killed her during or after the rape, I think the rape happened either in his car or she got out and ran to escape him forcing himself on her. I think he left her there and only came back later on to put her body in the water. And on foot.. he probably thought it was too dark for cameras to catch him walking, didn’t want his car seen in the area a second time.

A possibility is that he thought it was a consensual act as he claims

(Not my opinion)

I lean in this direction as well - but i am hoping the prosecution are going to tell us the options on how it can fit together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member