UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that any doubt the jury might have due to the short time span of 7 and a half minutes, could be put to bed considering he made that 3rd journey back there to the park. He certainly wasn't going bk there to check she was ok. And so glad they have evidence of his 'sexual deviance' on that actual night. I was unsure if the crimes he is currently serving a sentence for might not be able to be brought up but it seems the evidence is here already for them to see.

It sounds like he was out most of the night prowling, then I wonder what kind of state he was in when got home after Libby and then he goes out again at 2am...what did his wife think he was up to all hours of the night? If you didn't know his sexually perverse background and just went by his outward appearance he looks fairly non-threatening. I'm glad the jury have been made aware of his masturbating in the street as I do think it will help build a picture of his true dark nature/character and also how he was escalating.

Wow 7.5 min ...this could all come down to the version of events the defense is presenting

You know that is a real worry for me, it is not much time at all and he could use that to his advantage by saying it is impossible to rape and murder and get back to his car in that time. I think he will say he left her there alive and well.

On the other hand to me it shows clear planning, he meant to rape and murder and did it quickly without hesitation.

I really hope this short timing doesn't work in his favour.

This case like no other, make me wish that incidents of 'flashing', exposure, underwear theft etc were taken seriously by victims, society and police.

The men who perpetrate these crimes are like drug addicts, they almost always escalate as they need to feel the same level of 'high' and there is a clear pattern of that escalation from most perpetrators.

It enrages me that 'flashing' is seen as a joke or harmless thing by a lot of men and even some women!

The police appealed for witnesses to an incident of indecent exposure in a park near me recently - the comments on it were mostly men tagging friends saying 'oi mate you up to your old tricks' or women saying 'maybe he just needed a wee' ‍♀️♀️♀️♀️

Pawel, it seems, was only charged with his offending because of Libbys disappearance.
If we take Libby out of the equation, would he even have been caught and charged without escalating? Would he have been given such a substantial sentence of it wasn't for his suspected involvement in Libbys disappearance?
Absolutely agree with you on this

You know that is a real worry for me, it is not much time at all and he could use that to his advantage by saying it is impossible to rape and murder and get back to his car in that time. I think he will say he left her there alive and well.

On the other hand to me it shows clear planning, he meant to rape and murder and did it quickly without hesitation.

I really hope this short timing doesn't work in his favour.

He'd already scoped the playing fields earlier that night. It does sound as though this was premeditated with what we know now, sadly Libby became the target.

The more details we hear, the more heartbreaking it is. It was bad enough when we though she just walked to the bench but so many people tried to help her that night.

I'm following the updates at work.
The main thing on my mind at the moment is why he went to the playing fields three times, once being before he'd picked Libby up; I can make sense of the horrific reason he took her there and then why he went back afterwards. But why go there before? To check that it was dark and isolated before he took whichever poor girl that he managed to bundle into his car there?
In my mind this was premeditated murder - perhaps not specifically premeditated to rape and kill Libby specifically, but definitely to rape and kill someone.

MOO IMO etc.

So now we know he visited the playing fields three times that night: before he met Libby, then together when he brought her there and finally when he returned afterwards by himself again.

Any ideas what might have been his reason for visiting playing fields the first time round? I mean that time before he even crossed paths with Libby that night...just weird to me (did he plan something?)

Edited by me for grammar

They had him on cctv "stalking" Libby at 11:37 prior to Endsleigh then again at 12:03 at his car so that's only 6 minutes if I am reading correctly
I was going by this:
“We will see that when Libby gets to the entrance of the Endsleigh Centre, at that point he darts across the road and intercepts her and they appear to go into the grounds of the centre for some time."

I'm following the updates at work.
The main thing on my mind at the moment is why he went to the playing fields three times, once being before he'd picked Libby up; I can make sense of the horrific reason he took her there and then why he went back afterwards. But why go there before? To check that it was dark and isolated before he took whichever poor girl that he managed to bundle into his car there?
In my mind this was premeditated murder - perhaps not specifically premeditated to rape and kill Libby specifically, but definitely to rape and kill someone.

MOO IMO etc.

I agree with you Sera. Maybe he took something there prior or scoped out the lighting etc.. chilling isnt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member