UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timeliness is bothering me too. 7 mins 30. So the walk from car to river is approx 4 mins, the run back 1.5 to 2 mins that only leaves 90 secs/2 mins to rape/murder and put her into the river, i can't make that make sense in my mind, even though I have no doubts regarding his guilt, I feel like that timescale is giving me doubt.

14:37
'Sex trophies from burglaries found in Relowicz car'
A search of Relowicz’s car was conducted and inside the Astra officers found two masks and a pink holdall.

Inside the holdall was a number of sex toys, photographs of young women and several pairs of women’s underwear.

Mr Wright has told the court: “This pink holdall represented the trophies that the defendant had taken in a series of sexually motivated burglaries in and around the student area of Hull with which we are concerned in this case.

“Over a year preceding Libby’s death the defendant had been committing offences in which he would either expose himself to women in public, masturbate at them in the street, watch them through their windows as they changed or had sex or burgled their homes with the purpose of stealing their underwear and sexual toys or other objects.”

'Libby killer's 2.30am sex act in Newland Avenue' - trial updates

11:30
'Libby's watch found where she had got into Relowicz's car'
Soon after Libby disappeared a member of the public found a gold digital watch on Haworth Street.

The watch - which had a damaged clasp - was recovered by police and was identified by Libby’s mother Lisa as hers.

Mr Wright said that “something had caused her to lose it at about the very point on Haworth Street that she had entered the defendant’s vehicle.”

The jury are being shown photographs of the watch.

Pawel Relowicz on trial for murder of Hull student Libby Squire

Wow - this is a big piece of evidence.

I hope the defense doesnt use the timing as a defense. Does seem a very short amount of time, 22 minutes, from meeting, driving, rape, murder then dumping of a body.. :(

I think, with the very short timing during the second visit to the playing fields - 12.11 to 12.19am - that he left Libby's body there and then went back at 2.25am to put her into the river.

Edited...the exact timing was 2.25am arrival at Oak Road on the third visit.

Last edited:
So now we know he visited the playing fields three times that night: before he met Libby, then together when he brought her there and finally when he returned afterwards by himself again.

Any ideas what might have been his reason for visiting playing fields the first time round? I mean that time before he even crossed paths with Libby that night...just weird to me (did he plan something?)

Edited by me for grammar
I can think of no other reason to visit the park earlier on that evening other than he'd planned something. Especially when you combine it with the prowling around that night and the fact it was a well known student night at the Welly so a good night to find students going to and returning from there to that area. Coupled with the increase in his other offending - I think he was planning to escalate.

I'm with everyone else that said his previous offences should have been taken more seriously. The general student population hadn't been warned even tho individual students had been targeted. There were descriptions of him that could have been issued. There was a Polish shop at the end of his road on Newlands avenue that he probably used. Even if they'd used the cartoon drawing or one of the descriptions of him and circulated in that area he might have been identified. The area he offended was tiny just pictures on lamp posts could have caught him.

I think, with the very short timing during the second visit to the playing fields - 12.11 to 12.19am - that he left Libby's body there and then went back at 2.22am to put her into the river.

Did he maybe think he hadn't killed her and ran off. Later going bsck to check if shed gone abd finding her dead and putting her in the river as to make it look as though shes fallen in ? My thoughts only

Edited spelling mistake

14:51
Moment Libby's body was found
The court has heard Libby’s body was found by the skipper of a pleasure fishing vessel off Spurn Point.

She was then recovered by lifeboat and taken to Grimsby and to the mortuary where a post mortem examination was conducted by Home Office pathologist Dr Matt Lyall.

Mr Wright said Libby’s body had been in the water for a “considerable period of time” and due to the effects of the water and movement of the body within it, significant post mortem changes could have taken place.

The prosecutor said: “Whilst many marks were detected that night represent injuries to her body they were in the main marks that could all have been caused after death.”

'Libby killer's 2.30am sex act in Newland Avenue' - trial updates

Could he have raped her and not achieved ejaculation therefore becoming frustrated at himself and then killed her? And then gone to Newland Avenue to “relieve” himself using the events that had just occurred as his fantasy

Likely - often in these attacks they end up killing the victim via loss of control IIRC

He needed that pink holdall and contents for his run did he! Hopefully the jury feels the same as us. Frightening to think what he planned to do that night. Could he have planned to attack one of his previous stalking victims but libby was an easier target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb