UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm following the updates at work.
The main thing on my mind at the moment is why he went to the playing fields three times, once being before he'd picked Libby up; I can make sense of the horrific reason he took her there and then why he went back afterwards. But why go there before? To check that it was dark and isolated before he took whichever poor girl that he managed to bundle into his car there?
In my mind this was premeditated murder - perhaps not specifically premeditated to rape and kill Libby specifically, but definitely to rape and kill someone.

MOO IMO etc.

My thoughts exactly Sera. He was out to attack someone that night and preplanned how and where it would play out

Could he have raped her and not achieved ejaculation therefore becoming frustrated at himself so killed her out of anger? And then gone to Newland Avenue to “relieve” himself using the events that had just occurred as his fantasy which helped him achieve ejaculation into the discarded condom

The main thing on my mind at the moment is why he went to the playing fields three times, once being before he'd picked Libby up; I can make sense of the horrific reason he took her there and then why he went back afterwards. But why go there before? To check that it was dark and isolated before he took whichever poor girl that he managed to bundle into his car there?
In my mind this was premeditated murder - perhaps not specifically premeditated to rape and kill Libby specifically, but definitely to rape and kill someone.

MOO IMO etc.

My thoughts exactly Sera. He was out to attack someone that night and preplanned how and where it would play out

12:42
Relowicz left Oak Road just seven and a half minutes after arriving with Libby, say the prosecution
The jury is being shown CCTV footage of when Relowicz allegedly returned back to his car – shown by the flashing of lights of the car being unlocked.

The time of this clip is 12.19am, around seven and a half minutes after it is claimed he arrived at Oak Road Playing Fields with Libby.

CCTV sited on a nearby yeast factory managed to capture Relowicz and Libby arriving and Relowicz leaving, Mr Wright said.

He added: “That seven and a half minute window was more than enough time for the defendant to have taken or pursued Libby out into the playing fields, sexually attacked and killed her, put her body into the river, and then run back to his car.

“It is equally possible, as we will see when we pick up the CCTV trail, that the defendant had raped and killed Libby during this first visit, but that he did not put her body into the water until his third trip to the area later that evening.”

Libby 'stalked and intercepted' by Pawel Relowicz - trial updates
A third trip! So the later CCTV of the people near Clough road becomes relevant

14:23
Relowicz’s arrest and injuries
Relowicz was arrested by Humberside Police on February 6, 2019. His car had been identified from CCTV footage.

Mr Wright said: “He was on any view the last person to have been seen in Libby’s company before she disappeared.”

The jury has been told that Relowicz was detained and booked into custody where he was examined by a nurse who noted a scratch mark to the right hand side of his face.

There were two marks on Relowicz’s face – one just under the eye and another lower down on the right side of his nose. A further mark was also noted on his chest near to the right shoulder.

'Libby killer's 2.30am sex act in Newland Avenue' - trial updates

14:24
Relowicz admitted meeting Libby
Questioned by police, Relowicz denied that he had abducted Libby and asked “how on earth” he was supposed to know whether she was alive or dead.

He told officers that he had been in his car on Haworth Street on February 1 but claimed that he had parked there because he intended to go for a run through the grounds of the University of Hull. He claimed that he was stretching to warm up.

Mr Wright said: “He was hardly dressed for a planned evening run in his jeans. This sort of activity is certainly not shown on the video footage in which he can be seen stalking Libby.”

Relowicz claimed his interaction with Libby was as a result of his concern for her having seen her on the pavement, drunk and crying.

He told police he had asked if she was alright and she had said that she wanted to go home to her mother. He then claimed that he offered to drive her and said he returned to the car to warm up the car for her.

MOO IMO etc.

We both posted pretty much same time. I have absolutely same view of it as uou do. IMOO he went there first to have a look around and once he got his victim he knew where he would be taking them. I also see it as premeditation totally

So now we know he visited the playing fields three times that night: before he met Libby, then together shen he brought her there and finally when he returned afterwards by himef again.

Any ideas what might have been his rrason for visiting playing fields the first time round? I mean that time before he even crossed paths witb Libby that night...just weird to me (did he plan something?)

Perhaps he was looking for a victim the first time he visited.
On his last visit perhaps he went back to recover something he left there .

14:27
Relowicz's account to police of what happened
Relowicz then claimed he had been driving Libby in his car while asking her for her address.

He said he ended up in Beresford Avenue and he thought that she was going to be sick and stopped his car by the playing fields where he could drive no further.

He claimed that when there, Libby got out of the car and he went to the toilet. He told police that when he got back she was crying and kneeling on the floor and walked away on the left hand side of Beresford Avenue where he assumed she lived.

Relowicz then claimed he went home, sat with his wife and had a bath. He said all of these events happened between 10pm and 11pm on January 31.

He said he only went out again later on to look for her, but could not see her.

Mr Wright said: “We suggest that this return was not to assist her but to make sure he had cleaned up the scene.”

Relowicz claimed the marks on his face had come from playing with his young son. He said he had last cleaned his car four weeks before.

Relowicz claimed no sexual contact had happened between him and Libby and that he had left her alive and well on Beresford Avenue and she had not caused the injury to his face.

Oh god him saying that Libby said she wanted to go home to her Mum. I’ve watched real life crime programmes and they say often when questioned the defendant will sprinkle bits of truth in there.
Her poor family having to hear this :(

Him saying he was going for a jog is laughable, he didn’t really think that through. Did I read on earlier threads a couple of years ago that his wife can’t be called as a witness? Wonder what she thought he was getting up to, out of the house for hours in his car?

so that’s why they were desperate to find the people in the cctv footage from the factory near Mecca bingo, in case they saw him when he entered the playing fields for the third time.

14:24
Relowicz admitted meeting Libby
Questioned by police, Relowicz denied that he had abducted Libby and asked “how on earth” he was supposed to know whether she was alive or dead.

He told officers that he had been in his car on Haworth Street on February 1 but claimed that he had parked there because he intended to go for a run through the grounds of the University of Hull. He claimed that he was stretching to warm up.

Mr Wright said: “He was hardly dressed for a planned evening run in his jeans. This sort of activity is certainly not shown on the video footage in which he can be seen stalking Libby.”

Relowicz claimed his interaction with Libby was as a result of his concern for her having seen her on the pavement, drunk and crying.

He told police he had asked if she was alright and she had said that she wanted to go home to her mother. He then claimed that he offered to drive her and said he returned to the car to warm up the car for her.

Going for a run in the University grounds. There are better and nearer places to park if that's the case

He didnt accidently come across her (they have cctv evidence) likewise with warming the car up for her. The cctv evidence does not if I remember show him startingbthe car up to warm it.

I dont know how the police keep their cool with liars like this

Newland Avenue looks to be a main road - the sheer face/arrogance of the man to have done what he just had and then go into an open area and do that - no remorse.
It is and it is right in the middle of student land. His house is off Newlands. Another club popular with students is there and his house is off Newlands and I'm pretty sure his last set of charges had involved masturbating there near to the night club.
This all helps the prosecution . The jury will now know without a doubt what a depraved sexual monster he is.
I think that rules out an accident that he regretted

14:33
Relowicz told friends he had met Libby
The court heard Relowicz told two friends he encountered in the days after different versions of what had happened. He told them he had met Libby and tried to help her, then claiming she had made sexual advances to him which he rejected before leaving her and returning home

Going for a run in the University grounds. There are better and nearer places to park if that's the case

He didnt accidently come across her (they have cctv evidence) likewise with warming the car up for her. The cctv evidence does not if I remember show him startingbthe car up to warm it.

I dont know how the police keep their cool with liars like this
Tbh I’m sure the lies make the Polices job easier in the long run. Let the guy ramble about his version of events for as long as possible as he will trip up at some point. I think the real frustrations come from the “no comment”.

14:35
'Car and home searches revealed sexual material'
Relowicz’s car and home were searched on February 6. In his computer desk at home, Humberside Police recovered a sex toy and lubricant, as well as a book of student accommodation in Hull.

A drone with footage showing Oak Road Playing Fields was found and it was confirmed that, as he had told police in interview, that he had flown his drone over them a couple of days before.

His mobile phone was also seized and analysed, Mr Wright has told the court.

He said that Relowicz was using his mobile in the early hours of February 1 to browse internet *advertiser censored* and in particular, a website called “Chaturbate.” After he returned home after leaving Oak Road without Libby he logged onto that website between 1.07am and 1.11am.

Mr Wright also said he logged on a second time between 3.23am and 3.45am.

He added: “On any view you may think that he appears to have been in a state of heightened sexual arousal that night."

The timeliness is bothering me too. 7 mins 30. So the walk from car to river is approx 4 mins, the run back 1.5 to 2 mins that only leaves 90 secs/2 mins to rape/murder and put her into the river, i can't make that make sense in my mind, even though I have no doubts regarding his guilt, I feel like that timescale is giving me doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*