UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed

That's my problem with the defence case.

On the one hand, a sex predator took her to a location he staked out, took her in there in the freezing cold, raped her, people heard her screaming for some mins, then she is never heard of again until she turns up in the estuary

On the other hand, despite lying about all of the above, we are expected to believe she conveniently jumped in the river - based on no evidence

I think the defence needs to prove it more likely that he had no time to get her in the river if he is to get off. Otherwise, it seems clear what happened

Absolutely...I do have more doubts though in relation to her falling into the river..I think there is a lot of evidence to support that she was falling to the ground, incoherent, confused...then there is the icy ground , and poor lightning.. obviously if this was daylight with a person fully functioning normally those doubts for me would be less ...especially as if the timings are possible its more likely she was quite near the river at the time of the attack

Last edited:
I'm wondering about his use of a drone. Could he have used it to fly it around to check where CCTV cameras are? He seemed quite confident/cocky when he told the police to 'check the cameras'.
He had found a place in the park where the rape etc took place?

I wondered if the cameras he refers to in his "check the cameras" were his own cctv at his home ... as in, check 'my' cameras and you'll see what time I came home ... especially if he'd done some fandangoing with the time settings!

Yes the lying makes a difference absolutely..
Just to add though ..I know it was just a light hearted comment but my personal opinion is that there is virtually zero chance she jumped into the river due to altered behaviour
I agree with you and @mrjitty - I my opinion is there is virtually zero chance she jumped into the river due to anything at all.

Also there are 4 more minutes in the park at high tide 2.25am - by car. It's also not a long walk from home on foot if aware of most of the traffic cameras

Yes the lying makes a difference absolutely..
Just to add though ..I know it was just a light hearted comment but my personal opinion is that there is virtually zero chance she jumped into the river due to altered behaviour
I agree with you and @mrjitty - I my opinion is there is virtually zero chance she jumped into the river due to anything at all.

Also there are 4 more minutes in the park at high tide 2.25am - by car. It's also not a long walk from home on foot if aware of most of the traffic cameras

10:45
Defence barrister questioning Relowicz's neighbour
Neighbour Mr Thornton is being questioned by Oliver Saxby QC, mitigating, who says he wants to “clarify a few things.”

Mr Saxby has asked Mr Thornton to clarify if he recognises the man as the man who lives at number 24 as in his police statement he said he “assumed” the man who was cleaning his car lived at number 24.

Mr Thornton said: “No, I recognised him as the man who was arrested on the 6th and that’s when I called the police and told them.”

Mr Saxby has asked: “Have you put two and two together and come up with five? You say about the date, I accept that but my question is that so far as saying it was him cleaning his car do you think you might have that wrong?”

Mr Thornton has said: “No.”

Libby Squire trial live: Updates from court

10:53
Statement of detention officer Darren Coulson, who booked Relowicz into custody on February 6, 2019
In a statement read out to the court, DO Coulson said: “I spoke to a male I now know to be Pawel Relowicz.

“While booking him in I went through a risk assessment form.

“After that raised questions about injuries and noted the fact he had a small mark underneath his right eye, making reference so he knew what I was talking about, I asked him how he got it and he replied that this was due to his glasses, but he did not explain anymore.”

11:08
Prosecution set out the agreed facts of the case
The jury has been told that on February 6, a Samsung phone was recovered from a bedroom at Relowicz’s home in Raglan Street.

It was examined and its history showed Relowicz had visited freechatcamgirls, which he visited on February 1 at 1.07am.

Richard Wright QC said the Samsung showed a web page, with words including “young, p****, *advertiser censored*,” was visited at 1.11am.

He said the phone showed a second period of browsing from 3.23am which included the search terms “free web cam chat” and “live cam models.”

Mr Wright said: “We know from our timeline the first period of browsing was the time he was back at his home address after his second visit to Oak Road and the second period is again shortly after we last saw him on video footage outside Chicken George on Newland Avenue.”

10:53
Statement of detention officer Darren Coulson, who booked Relowicz into custody on February 6, 2019
In a statement read out to the court, DO Coulson said: “I spoke to a male I now know to be Pawel Relowicz.

“While booking him in I went through a risk assessment form.

“After that raised questions about injuries and noted the fact he had a small mark underneath his right eye, making reference so he knew what I was talking about, I asked him how he got it and he replied that this was due to his glasses, but he did not explain anymore.”

Did we not hear yesterday he told the police during an interview that the injuries were down to playing with his child?!

Did we not hear yesterday he told the police during an interview that the I juries were down to playing with his child?!
Yes, and in his friends statement PR had attributed them to Libby. So that’s three different versions to three different sets of people. The jury must be clearly seeing what a liar he is!

11:08
Prosecution set out the agreed facts of the case
The jury has been told that on February 6, a Samsung phone was recovered from a bedroom at Relowicz’s home in Raglan Street.

It was examined and its history showed Relowicz had visited freechatcamgirls, which he visited on February 1 at 1.07am.

Richard Wright QC said the Samsung showed a web page, with words including “young, p****, *advertiser censored*,” was visited at 1.11am.

He said the phone showed a second period of browsing from 3.23am which included the search terms “free web cam chat” and “live cam models.”

Mr Wright said: “We know from our timeline the first period of browsing was the time he was back at his home address after his second visit to Oak Road and the second period is again shortly after we last saw him on video footage outside Chicken George on Newland Avenue.”

I may be very naive but can anyone hint at what p**** is

11:13
Items seized from Relowicz's home
Mr Wright has told the jury that on February 7, forensic officers seized a drone from the Raglan Street property that showed footage taken of Oak Road playing fields on January 30, 2019.

The first floor front bedroom was searched and a sex toy, lubricants and a “simply students” flyer was seized.

“On February 11, a PC seized clothing belonging to the defendant from the wardrobe in his bedroom. Amongst that was the pair of jeans he had been wearing at the time of his contact with Libby Squire,” Mr Wright has said.

The jury has been shown photographs of the jeans and CCTV from the Tesco garage on Hall Road on January 31 allegedly showing Relowicz wearing the jeans.

They have also been shown CCTV from 12.06am on February 1 showing Relowicz wearing the jeans.

Mr Wright has told the jury that on February 7, forensic officers seized a drone from the Raglan Street property that showed footage taken of Oak Road playing fields on January 30, 2019.

The first floor front bedroom was searched and a sex toy, lubricants and a “simply students” flyer was seized.

“On February 11, a PC seized clothing belonging to the defendant from the wardrobe in his bedroom. Amongst that was the pair of jeans he had been wearing at the time of his contact with Libby Squire,” Mr Wright has said.

The jury has been shown photographs of the jeans and CCTV from the Tesco garage on Hall Road on January 31 allegedly showing Relowicz wearing the jeans.

They have also been shown CCTV from 12.06am on February 1 showing Relowicz wearing the jeans.

Finally a date on the drone . Day before anything

Dronw footage on 30 January. I always though it was from after attack when police searching. I wonder if there is more drone footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member