UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 *ARREST* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a video on the link showing Libby walking from her home street to Beverly Road. Scroll down the webpage until you see the line that states 12:58. It is right after that line. I have not seen this video. Sorry if is has been posted and I missed it. So heartbreaking to see her out wandering the dark cold night and knowing what happened to her.

Libby Squire trial live: Lifeboat crews describe discovery of body

Oh that is heartbreaking. Does she have bare legs - I think that is what I see?

I've been wondering if PR was planning the murder of a prostitute or vulnerable person in the area? He seemed to cruise a set of streets often, and also had scoped the part extensively - including that night.

I think this was premeditated, and Libby was just the unlucky victim.

Thankfully these kinds of killers are idiots so they tend to get caught on victim 1. Established serial killers know better to work a hunting ground that is not linked to them, and/or target victims who won't be missed.

But he also probably knew it was the student night out that day/evening of the week.

14:54
'Evidence of asphyxia' on Libby's face
Dr Lyall carried out an external and internal examination.

Libby had two lacerations inside her top lip which could not be ruled out as having happened when she was in the water, Dr Lyall said. He said it was conclusive with blunt trauma in that area.

He said there was also evidence of small hemorrhages around her mouth which could be evidence of asphyxia.

Dr Lyall said: “It’s not conclusive but is something we look out for. It is like a little bruise but you tend to see lots of them at once around the lips or the eyes.

“They are a useful marker of it.”

He added that the hemorrhages could represent squeezing or compression of the neck or covering of the mouth.

14:54
'Evidence of asphyxia' on Libby's face
Dr Lyall carried out an external and internal examination.

Libby had two lacerations inside her top lip which could not be ruled out as having happened when she was in the water, Dr Lyall said. He said it was conclusive with blunt trauma in that area.

He said there was also evidence of small hemorrhages around her mouth which could be evidence of asphyxia.

Dr Lyall said: “It’s not conclusive but is something we look out for. It is like a little bruise but you tend to see lots of them at once around the lips or the eyes.

“They are a useful marker of it.”

He added that the hemorrhages could represent squeezing or compression of the neck or covering of the mouth.

This could be from PR covering her mouth with his hand to keep her from screaming. Which many here have suggested. I absolutely believe this is what happened!

15:09
Bruising on Libby's body
Dr Lyall said there were bruises to the chest area and he could “not be sure what they were.”

He added there was bruising to the left of her abdomen that “probably” happened in life but we should “have caution” as some bruising that occurred in life could be altered in death.

Dr Lyall says there were two areas of discoloration on the top of Libby’s outer right thigh, which he says were “probably bruises.”

He said he was confident there was another bruise on the inside of Libby’s right thigh and another two on the lower right leg.

Dr Lyall said on Libby’s left thigh there was also what he was convinced was bruising which “could be caused by blunt trauma, or someone falling over and striking their leg or bumping into something.”

I think many of you great sleuthers have outlined the most probably scenario. Libby ran screaming, PR caught up to her, held his hand over her mouth while raping her and she died. He was close enough to the river to put her in and then he ran off. So TRAGIC. MOO

I hate thinking about this, but if PR had one hand over Libby's mouth he thus only had one other hand to try and stop her scratching him. Maybe that's how she was able to scratch his face. Poor girl.
Absolutely. She was fighting. For some reason and I apologize for the graphic, I think it may have been a tackle move. Libby ran, PR chased her and tackled her to the ground. She would have been fighting. I think it happened fast. MOO

He knows she wasn't ever in his boot I guess.
I think we need to remember Polish is his native language. I have a very good friend who is Polish. Their English is fantastic but things don’t often translate over well.
There’re many things she says that don’t make real sense but I know what she means.
I can hear her staying his interview as such and it’s quite jilted because of the translation barriers.
As someone else said, there’s not always a direct translation for words or phrases too.
I found this out once when I asked her to help me translate a notice so I could put it in English and Polish. She couldn’t translate it. We had to use Google... then she went! Oh yeah but that means X, but will make sense.

He claimed it had been a month since he cleaned his car, another lie exposed. JMO
Not necessarily.
He probably just hasn’t been seen by that neighbour before. I would only notice my neighbours cleaning their cars if I walked past or was outside at that time as I can’t see from my house.
Just playing devils advocate that it doesn’t prove much.

I think we need to remember Polish is his native language. I have a very good friend who is Polish. Their English is fantastic but things don’t often translate over well.
There’re many things she says that don’t make real sense but I know what she means.
I can hear her staying his interview as such and it’s quite jilted because of the translation barriers.
As someone else said, there’s not always a direct translation for words or phrases too.
I found this out once when I asked her to help me translate a notice so I could put it in English and Polish. She couldn’t translate it. We had to use Google... then she went! Oh yeah but that means X, but will make sense.

I completely agree with all of this but, I think when one thinks of someone being 'kidnapped/abducted' & a car is involved - you do tend to think that the victim has been tied up and bundled into the 'boot' (thanks tv & film industry) so I think PR's 'check my car boot for dna' attitude made perfect sense to me - she hadn't been in the boot so he, after being arrested on suspicion of abduction could quite confidently say 'check my boot' ... it's that slight smidgen of truth in with a whole f'ton of lie again.

15:38
Post mortem could not exclude possibility of strangulation
Dr Lyall says he could find no natural cause of death.

He says he took samples from the voice box/larynx and hyoid bone which were taken to the lab and samples were taken from them which showed there was no injury.

However, he said that does not exclude the possibility of strangulation.

Dr Lyall said: “One of the important factors to bear in mind is that young people tend to have more flexible hyoid bone and larynx and the reason is that when we get older you tend to find the joints in the hyoid bone can become calcified and it becomes more rigid which makes it more vulnerable to fracturing.

“For that reason, the absence of damage should not be as important a finding - they could be flexible and not fracture even if pressure was applied to the neck.”

Dr Lyall says tests to see whether Libby was alive when she entered the water or not were inconclusive.

Not necessarily.
He probably just hasn’t been seen by that neighbour before. I would only notice my neighbours cleaning their cars if I walked past or was outside at that time as I can’t see from my house.
Just playing devils advocate that it doesn’t prove much.

Think there's some crossed wires- PR said he hadn't cleaned out his car in a month prior to police BUT a neighbour saw him doing so the day after Libby went missing.

Last edited:
15:40
Toxicology and DNA reports
Dr Lyall said there was no evidence of drugs in Libby’s body.

He said there was 198mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood at the time of the results.

Dr Lyall says Nicola Taylor, a forensic scientist found sperm cells detected on vaginal swabs taken during the post-mortem examination matched the DNA profile of Pawel Relowicz.

He said there was 198mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood at the time of the results.

Dr Lyall says Nicola Taylor, a forensic scientist found sperm cells detected on vaginal swabs taken during the post-mortem examination matched the DNA profile of Pawel Relowicz.

NO DRUGS IN LIBBYS SYSTEM - despite PR's many mentions of drugs in relation to the 'mystery girl' he picked up who 'definitely wasn't the missing girl' ...

Considering the fact alcohol was still detectable that pretty damming for PR who was clearly hinting she was on drugs.

I assume the alcohol would still be in the system as the body wouldn’t process it out due to her death? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot