Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A statement issued on Facebook reads as follows: "Police were called shortly before 8pm yesterday evening to a report by a member of the public of an unidentified object in an area of Accrington Cemetery, Burnley Road. Officers attended the scene and there is a concern this could be the body of a person. An examination of the scene is on-going but at this stage it is too early to say exactly what the object is or how long it may have been there. The family of missing teaching assistant Lindsay Birbeck have been visited and informed of the development but at this early stage it is too soon to say if the find is linked to her disappearance and we would urge people not to speculate on social media as this could cause the family additional distress. We will of course update you when we know more."
'Body' find sparks major police activity in Accrington

I would be genuinely shocked if this were the remains of Lindsay. That cemetery has been searched several times (and with dogs, IIRC). How would a man merely walking his dog stumble over her after two weeks?

This is not making sense.

I drove past Accrington Cemetery, didn't go in, but loads of cars are driving in nosying. It didn't feel right to do that. Lot's of police vehicles in the cemetery which can be seen from Burnley Road. Had a look on Lindsay's official Facebook page a little while ago and one person said "it is not Lindsay in the cemetery". Said the family of Lindsay had asked her to post this information. Just had a quick check on FB now and all comments are closed

I would be genuinely shocked if this were the remains of Lindsay. That cemetery has been searched several times (and with dogs, IIRC). How would a man merely walking his dog stumble over her after two weeks?

Some of the locals in Accrington are saying that someone will have been placed there over the weekend. Speculation of course

"POLICE have found what they fear to be a body concealed in a cemetery near the home of a missing mother-of-two.

Officers contacted the family of Lindsay Birbeck, who disappeared two weeks ago, following the discovery at Accrington Cemetery.

Last night police confirmed the find in the Burnley Road graveyard not far from where the 47-year-old teaching assistant lived.

Officers were called to the cemetery just before 8pm on Saturday night after a member of the public made the discovery at the far end of the burial ground near the East Lancashire railway line.

It is understood to have been concealed."

Missing Lindsay's family informed as police investigate find at cemetery

Some of the locals in Accrington are saying that someone will have been placed there over the weekend. Speculation of course
Continuing with some speculation of my own and apologies for going into grim territory.

IF these are human remains and they have been placed there over the last few days. There must be a reason why they were moved. You would think because discovery would be a direct risk to someone. I'm thinking, in a house maybe? And possibly nearby, as there must be far more remote places with less people. So, again pure speculation, taken there on foot?

Continuing with some speculation of my own and apologies for going into grim territory.

IF these are human remains and they have been placed there over the last few days. There must be a reason why they were moved. You would think because discovery would be a direct risk to someone. I'm thinking, in a house maybe? And possibly nearby, as there must be far more remote places with less people. So, again pure speculation, taken there on foot?
Can't disagree with any of that.

I’m not sure moved this way about a year ago and live about a ten minute drive away,so the cemetery is not somewhere I’m familiar with, sorry- would like to know that myself!
Thanks. Thinking about it, I wouldn't have a clue if any cemeteries local to me were locked at night either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop