Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies in advance for graphic post. But if they had found a body part, say a leg, would they then announce discovery of a body? Or would body imply they had found all of the lady? Also does the ID announcement seem to be taking a long time to you? Asking based on your LE experience thanks
Well, at the least they found enough of a body to identify it as female.

A spokesperson for Lancashire Police said: "Following a discovery at Accrington Cemetery on the evening of Saturday, August 24 we can now sadly confirm that the find is that of the body of a woman.

"Police were called at shortly before 8pm on Saturday, August 24 to a report by a member of the public of the find in an area of Accrington Cemetery, Burnley Road.

"A lengthy and detailed examination of the scene has been carried out through the day by forensic experts.

"A Home Office post mortem examination will now be carried out to try to establish the cause of death.
Murder inquiry underway after woman's body found in Accrington Cemetery

"A MURDER enquiry has been launched following the discovery of a woman’s body in Accrington Cemetery.

Officers were alerted to a discovery in the cemetery, off Burnley Road, Huncoat, at around 8pm on Saturday and last night confirmed the find was that of human remains.

Detectives are yet to release this identity of the deceased woman but have this afternoon launched a murder inquiry.

Police have been searching for missing mum-of-two Lindsay Birbeck for two weeks and officers said her family had been contacted regarding the latest discovery."

Accrington Cemetery find: murder probe launched

I fully expected to wake up this morning (here in the states) to a press conference having occurred with an ID of the body. For the discovery to be made Sat PM and by Monday noon still no announcement? Wow, this is really bad.
At least people are now aware a murderer is in their midst. That's something, at least.

Edited to add: Not to be gruesome, but ID may require dental records or DNA. That could take a minute.

At least people are now aware a murderer is in their midst. That's something, at least.

Edited to add: Not to be gruesome, but ID may require dental records or DNA. That could take a minute.
I would have thought the police would have had Lindsay's DNA and the family would know which dentist she visited so identification should not take such a long time.

I fully expected to wake up this morning (here in the states) to a press conference having occurred with an ID of the body. For the discovery to be made Sat PM and by Monday noon still no announcement? Wow, this is really bad.
I agree. Getting the feeling this was a real gruesome crime scene with the language used. “Object” found, finally calling it a “body”, then “female body” and still not identified. Looking for grass cutter? Not liking that at all.

Bank Holiday week end here, could be a delay in obtaining the necessary records - dental or other ?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

If police and dogs had been searching the cemetery during the week then I find it strange that the body was not discovered at that time. Unless of course it was not there earlier in the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
If police and dogs had been searching the cemetery during the week then I find it strange that the body was not discovered at that time. Unless of course it was not there earlier in the week.

The police have missed bodies in searches before - Gaia Pope in 2017 was one of them. Not attaching any blame to the police at all but it can and does happen. Or, as you say, it was placed there later in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay