Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if she was run down in the cemetery the police search, in the days after Lindsay went missing, would have found evidence.

The police were searching the cemetery all last week and never found anything, in fact it was dog walkers who discovered the body on Saturday evening. So did the police somehow miss the body (well-hidden from view) during their searches or was it placed there Friday night/Saturday morning?

Post mortem examination to be carried out
A spokesperson for Lancashire Police said:

A Home Office post mortem examination will now be carried out to try to establish the cause of death and a team of detectives are working on the enquiry to establish what has happened to Lindsay after she went missing.

Detectives are carrying out a review of CCTV, doing house to house enquiries and trying to piece together Lindsay’s movements since she was captured on CCTV on Burnley Road at just after 4pm on Monday, August 12th.

Updates: Police believe they have found body of Lindsay Birbeck

The police were searching the cemetery all last week and never found anything, in fact it was dog walkers who discovered the body on Saturday evening. So did the police somehow miss the body (well-hidden from view) during their searches or was it placed there Friday night/Saturday morning?
Gruesome, I know, but after two weeks (if she was killed shortly after missing) I imagine the smell of decomposition would have become a major problem if the body was in a residence/vehicle/warehouse etc all that time. If that is the case, the body would have had to have been dealt with/moved somewhere else.

I'm also having trouble believing LE could have missed a body for two weeks, especially in that location and so easily found by a dog walker.

I would be surprised if the police would have missed it.The cemetery was not that big.
I think they would check all the undergrowth and areas bordering the cemetery.

"At this stage we do not know how Lindsay’s body came to be in the cemetery, or how long it has been there so I would also like to speak to anyone who has seen anything suspicious in or around the cemetery area after August 12th or anyone who has any drone footage or dashcam footage which could assist.

“Please come forward with any information, no matter how insignificant you may think it is as it could provide the key we need to finding Lindsay’s killer and providing those answers for her family.”

Updates: Police believe they have found body of Lindsay Birbeck

More at link.

With relation to the dogs, Saturday was a very hot day in Accrington. It may be that the weather that day led for the body to rapidly decompose making it detectable to a dog by 8pm when it hadn’t been the day before. Do we have any record of when the police where last seen in the cemetery prior to Saturday? They had definitely been searching there.

With relation to the dogs, Saturday was a very hot day in Accrington. It may be that the weather that day led for the body to rapidly decompose making it detectable to a dog by 8pm when it hadn’t been the day before. Do we have any record of when the police where last seen in the cemetery prior to Saturday? They had definitely been searching there.
"One visitor Malcolm Taylor, 71, from Rishton was on his weekly trip to tend family graves.

He said: "Every day this week I have seen police officers sweeping up and down the cemetery in a line.

"They appeared to be looking at graves and searching for someone.

"I've seen police again today. I am just shocked by what is happening."

"John Matthews, aged 48 from Huncoat said: "I've seen a load of police cars and vans at the cemetery and they have been at the Coppice as well during the week looking round there."

Forensic tent in place as police officers guard cemetery

Thinking on, I’m wondering if the body was starting to smell due the heat on Saturday and therefore the need to dump it became urgent? With it being a bank holiday perhaps the premises where it was being kept was going to be shut on the Sunday and Monday? Pure speculation on my part here!

Has there been any mention of a husband/ex-husband, boyfriend/ex-boyfriend? I hate to go there, but well, you know.

I am thinking it had to have been someone she knew. How could an almost 6ft fit woman go missing and be murdered in the middle of the afternoon along a busy road and there be no witnesses? The cemetery is literally opposite where the CTTV of the last sighting was as well, so such a small area. To me it seems most likely that someone moved her body there after it had been searched and they knew that they wouldn’t be searching there again for a while. So in that respect it is someone who has been following the story and the social media around it.

If it is a stranger it is incredibly scary. I often go for a walk alone in the afternoon.

I am thinking it had to have been someone she knew. How could an almost 6ft fit woman go missing and be murdered in the middle of the afternoon along a busy road and there be no witnesses? The cemetery is literally opposite where the CTTV of the last sighting was as well, so such a small area. To me it seems most likely that someone moved her body there after it had been searched and they knew that they wouldn’t be searching there again for a while. So in that respect it is someone who has been following the story and the social media around it.

If it is a stranger it is incredibly scary. I often go for a walk alone in the afternoon.
I am wondering if Lindsay was just out for a walk and was doing a loop stroll through the cemetery then planned to go along the footpaths back to Huncoat. I see some footpaths on the map, north of Burnley Rd, east of Bolton Ave. Just pure speculation. It would be interesting to know if she was a regular walker with oft-traveled routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en