Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if Lindsay was just out for a walk and was doing a loop stroll through the cemetery then planned to go along the footpaths back to Huncoat. I see some footpaths on the map, north of Burnley Rd, east of Bolton Ave. Just pure speculation. It would be interesting to know if she was a regular walker with oft-traveled routes.
If she had a regular walking route, those would be great places to check CCTV and go door-to-door.

I wonder if there were new graves dug 2-3 weeks ago? Perhaps the killer placed the body on top of a casket at a newly dug gravesite then covered it with dirt figuring the disturbed ground would not necessarily seem suspect, (and would throw off sniffer dogs). Perhaps some animal dug in and exposed part of the body. This might explain the “objects” remark.

Are you wondering if someone could have crossed the railway track to get to the cemetery to leave a body?
No, I'm wondering if she was hit by a train, scattering "objects" into the trees. But then, that wouldn't be murder, would it?

Edit: I do think that would be a good way to access the cemetery undetected, too.

I wonder if there were new graves dug 2-3 weeks ago? Perhaps the killer placed the body on top of a casket at a newly dug gravesite then covered it with dirt figuring the disturbed ground would not necessarily seem suspect, (and would throw off sniffer dogs). Perhaps some animal dug in and exposed part of the body. This might explain the “objects” remark.
I think she was found in an area withouth graves.

For the love of god come on!!
I was horrified at the outset that foul play was not even a remote consideration ... yet here we are!
I assumed mental health issues were a given .. how sad and what an absolute balls up this whole thing has been if and when it’s absolutely confirmed to be Lindsay which it’s really looking like

It does look as if from her body language that she is walking with a destination in mind. I think she was going to meet someone.
That's possible. Or she got into someone's car. Foul play comes as a surprise, when previously self-harm was one of the strong possibilites.
Social media/her phone will play a big part in this. If it can be found.
Even if the phone isn't found some information could be extracted. Didn't she switch off her phone when she left home? Why would she do that?

So far every local rumour in the last 24/48 hours has been proved true: that something was found in the cemetery, that it was a body or body part, that it was found by a dog walker etc. I’m therefore assuming that whatever has been found was wrapped in plastic sheeting especially considering the police stating it was concealed. In which case, along with the fact I think it’s highly unlikely a random attacker would carry plastic sheeting and the fact the graveyard has been searched previously, Lindsay was not killed in the graveyard. I think the fact she is opposite it on the CCTV is perhaps what has made the attacker dump back there.

For the love of god come on!!
I was horrified at the outset that foul play was not even a remote consideration ... yet here we are!
I assumed mental health issues were a given .. how sad and what an absolute balls up this whole thing has been if and when it’s absolutely confirmed to be Lindsay which it’s really looking like

Sorry why has it been a ‘balls up’?

Hmmm. Or possibly she was killed by someone, left in the tall grass in the cemetery, and then run over unbeknownst to the person on the grass cutter? Might explain the first reports of an "object" found.
I do not think you could accidentally run over some one with a lawn mower.
if she had been left in the long grass after the police search another dog walker would have discovered her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop