Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Detective Supt Andy Cribbin statement
“Since Monday, August 12, Lancashire Police have been involved in a missing investigation looking for Lindsay Birbeck who is a 47-year-old lady from Accrington.

“At about [8pm] on Saturday evening we received a call from a member of the public and police officers and detectives attended Accrington Cemetery.

“There sadly we found the body of a woman and as a result of our investigations regarding that we have now launched a murder investigation.

“Whilst we’re yet to formally identify the body, we believe as this stage that it is Lindsay and we have informed the family of all the developments and family liaison officers are with them.”

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/live-police-accrington-cemetery-latest-16814961

Would one company have a contract to cut the grass in all the local cemeteries?
It would depend if they are all council "owned" in which case quite likely. Sometimes councils let works out as "lots" to encourage fair tender processes and sharing the work out to local firms tho. But the proximity I would say it's likely.

Well I have taken a break from work to have a walk and I headed to the Whitehall Cemetery in a darwen which is one of the places which has apparently had police in. It’s a small cemetery, there was no police presence today and the grass was long. There is a unit at the back which could store grass cutter which may explain potential forensic activity here IF it took place. Interestingly as I drove here I passed a crime scene investigation van driving the opposite way to me.

This is so upsetting to hear. I didn't realise they had found a body and believe it to be poor Lindsey as I was passing through Blackburn today and there was one of those large digital advertising screens in a residential area and it showed Lindsey on there as still missing.
I hope they find out what happened to her so her family can have some closure.

15:02
Appeal to the public
“What I’m asking for really is to appeal to the public, if you can cast your mind back to Monday, August 12, about 4pm, that is the last sighting we have on Linsday walking about Burnley Road in the vicinity of Peel Park Avenue walking towards Accrington town centre.

“So I’m asking if anybody was in the area at that time, please contact us. If anybody had seen Lindsay on that date, or since, again please contact us and let us know.

“And if you have any CCTV within the area of Burnley Road and Peel Park Avenue, again please contact us.”

Updates: Police believe they have found body of Lindsay Birbeck

Appeal to the public
“What I’m asking for really is to appeal to the public, if you can cast your mind back to Monday, August 12, about 4pm, that is the last sighting we have on Linsday walking about Burnley Road in the vicinity of Peel Park Avenue walking towards Accrington town centre.

“So I’m asking if anybody was in the area at that time, please contact us. If anybody had seen Lindsay on that date, or since, again please contact us and let us know.

“And if you have any CCTV within the area of Burnley Road and Peel Park Avenue, again please contact us.”

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/live-police-accrington-cemetery-latest-16814961

So are thoughts going towards her being involved in being cut by a lawn mower?
I was wondering if perhaps it was a terrible accident that was then covered up? But how does one accidentally run over someone with a lawn mower? I just can’t believe that.

Unless maybe it was one of those huge commercial tractor-like mowers? Could she have been visiting a grave at the cemetery? Or she could have just been walking through I guess. Just thinking out loud...

Accrington cemetery to Dill Hall cemetery
Google Maps
I jumped on your google map in satellite view to point out the locations where I think the body was found and the location of her sightings on CCTV.

Based on a video yesterday showing the white tent at the body location, I believe the body was found between the tall hedgerow and the copse of trees next to the train tracks. It is a fairly isolated area, yet easily accessed. It is away from the gravesites and roads in the cemetery.

I see the main entrance to the cemetery off of Burnley Rd. and a side entrance off of Whitewell Rd.

I think you can also access the area of the cemetery close to the train tracks via a footpath off of Whitewell Rd. The footpath then goes over the train tracks. There is a wall/fence that it looks like someone would have to go over to get into the cemetery from the footpath. I can't tell from google satellite view how easy or not it would be to get into the cemetery that way.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 76
Her poor family and children. I initially heard about Lindsay on Twitter as her son was on there appealing for any information of her whereabouts back when she was first missing, and it got retweeted all over. :(

I was wondering if perhaps it was a terrible accident that was then covered up? But how does one accidentally run over someone with a lawn mower? I just can’t believe that.

Unless maybe it was one of those huge commercial tractor-like mowers? Could she have been visiting a grave at the cemetery? Or she could have just been walking through I guess. Just thinking out loud...

It's possible i guess. I know at the meeting last week Lindsay's dad was there and said that her mom had died last year - i wonder if she was buried or cremated at Accrington cemetery? Could Lindsay have gone there to visit her mom?

It's possible i guess. I know at the meeting last week Lindsay's dad was there and said that her mom had died last year - i wonder if she was buried or cremated at Accrington cemetery? Could Lindsay have gone there to visit her mom?
That's a possibility and certainly would explain why LE searched that area so many times.

I jumped on your google map in satellite view to point out the locations where I think the body was found and the location of her sightings on CCTV.

Based on a video yesterday showing the white tent at the body location, I believe the body was found between the tall hedgerow and the copse of trees next to the train tracks. It is a fairly isolated area, yet easily accessed. It is away from the gravesites and roads in the cemetery.

I see the main entrance to the cemetery off of Burnley Rd. and a side entrance off of Whitewell Rd.

I think you can also access the area of the cemetery close to the train tracks via a footpath off of Whitewell Rd. The footpath then goes over the train tracks. There is a wall/fence that it looks like someone would have to go over to get into the cemetery from the footpath. I can't tell from google satellite view how easy or not it would be to get into the cemetery that way.

Great map, many thanks

I think if she was run down in the cemetery the police search, in the days after Lindsay went missing, would have found evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en