Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in a village, wouldn't you expect more sightings of a woman in a bright purple coat in the period of 4.30 to 6.30pm?
Definitely, there a few businesses on that route. I’m planning on on doing a drive from Huncoat to the park and seeing which businesses are along the route. But at that time there’s always a few people around!

Following this closely as I know Accrington very well.
The areas around the centre of town are not really the types of areas that people are really watching or asking questions.
The Coppice / Peel Park is popular with dog walkers but it's been raining most of the last week so it won't be as busy as it would be on a nice week.
I hope she's found safe but as time ticks on, unless this is a case of her choosing to go missing the chances of her being okay, outside injured for this length of time isn't very likely.

The police said she had links to Kendal. I wonder if they have checked CCTV around transport areas up there just in case.

The police said she had links to Burnley and Blackburn too so hopefully these have been checked out as well as Kendal.

I know it's been said that Lindsay hadn't gone missing before but maybe this is the first time in her life she needed some time to herself for whatever reason? Hopefully she will turn up safe and sound somewhere.

Yep, get that... I wasn't actually referring to her mental state or life story. But the fact her phone is missing for example. Also, does she regularly go for walks etc.
Yes, this. I would think that this is an important bit of information to share with the public to jog people's memory of seeing her and identifying her whereabouts that day.

The police said she had links to Kendal. I wonder if they have checked CCTV around transport areas up there just in case.

I would think they would inquire with bus and taxi companies to see if they recognise her photo? And with the publicity, you'd hope that another passenger on a bus or train might recognise her?

21 August 2019:

Lindsay Birbeck's father speaks out about his daughter's disappearance

Russell Martin told LancsLive: “Some days you feel sick. It gets your stomach turning. It’s hard work if you do not talk to anyone. It’s not knowing that’s the problem.

“It has been marvellous to see all these people here, last night there was in the region of 400 people and all the posters that have gone out.

“I am amazed with all the people here tonight. Lindsay is a popular girl, intelligent.

“I know and have walked The Coppice many times.

“It brings it back from when my wife was ill. She died from ovarian cancer. That’s why I wonder if she had been told any news about her own health."

21 August 2019:

Russell Martin told LancsLive: “Some days you feel sick. It gets your stomach turning. It’s hard work if you do not talk to anyone. It’s not knowing that’s the problem.

“It has been marvellous to see all these people here, last night there was in the region of 400 people and all the posters that have gone out.

“I am amazed with all the people here tonight. Lindsay is a popular girl, intelligent.

“I know and have walked The Coppice many times.

“It brings it back from when my wife was ill. She died from ovarian cancer. That’s why I wonder if she had been told any news about her own health."

I find this information adds to the mystery. It would be very unusual to have news about your health and then vanish/suicide? Especially when you have children? Surely police would have spoken to medical professionals to see if she had been given any news or would that be breaking patient/ doctor confidentiality?

*Changed names of children to initials*

He continued: “Her son S is 19 and daughter S is 16. S is due to get her O-Level [GCSE] results tomorrow."

When asked about what he would like to say to Lindsay, Russell said he couldn’t comment as there were so many things he could say.

He also left a message to the community to thank them for their efforts in helping to search for Lindsay.

Russell added: “We got this message about this meeting this afternoon.

“Keep it up and be careful. My stomach is churning up inside. You are upset and when you see your daughter is headline news on the TV you want to watch and you don’t want to watch.

“It’s hard work to see but it’s encouraging to see all these people helping. You do not think it’s going to happen to you.”

It was great that the Accrington community turned up last night for the police meeting, and especially that her dad was there too.

Here's hoping that Lindsay is alive and well somewhere and turns up today to find out her daughter's GCSE results.

Good luck to the police and the community in their continued search for Lyndsay.

"The mum-of-two was last seen at 4.06pm on Monday (August 12) and extensive searches have been going on in The Coppice, Huncoat Quarry and beyond.

CCTV footage shows the last sighting of Lindsay on Burnley Road walking in the general direction of Accrington.

Detectives have now completely ruled out the account of a witness who suggested they had seen Lindsay in Peel Park Avenue later that afternoon."

Police provide new Lindsay Birbeck update as eyewitness ruled out

Police rule out witness sighting in search for missing Huncoat woman

"The mum-of-two was last seen at 4.06pm on Monday (August 12) and extensive searches have been going on in The Coppice, Huncoat Quarry and beyond.

CCTV footage shows the last sighting of Lindsay on Burnley Road walking in the general direction of Accrington.

Detectives have now completely ruled out the account of a witness who suggested they had seen Lindsay in Peel Park Avenue later that afternoon."

Police provide new Lindsay Birbeck update as eyewitness ruled out

Police rule out witness sighting in search for missing Huncoat woman

So now it appears there is absolutely no proof at all that Lindsay was anywhere near The Coppice that afternoon. I think it's more likely that she was walking into Accrington when seen on CCTV on Burnley Road so hopefully the police will be searching through any CCTV footage they have from around the town. I think it would be worth checking footage from the bus and railway stations in case Lindsay for some reason had decided to take off that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop