Found Deceased UK - Lindsay Birbeck, 47, Accrington, 12 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suprised..cant get my head around this one ..I'd be even more suprised if a random attack ..I wonder if he had a bit of an obsession with her for some reason
I wondered when he was arrested if he wasn't a little mentally unwell in some respect. Could be obsession with Lindsay specifically or obsession with murdering a generic woman in general. IMO

I'm suprised..cant get my head around this one ..I'd be even more suprised if a random attack ..I wonder if he had a bit of an obsession with her for some reason

Yes that was another thing that crossed my mind too, when considering the possibility of a relationship between them. Young guys can get very obsessive and it could very easily have been one sided. But I just can't get over how calm and normal he looked pulling that bin down the street, whether she was in it or not, he just looked so casual.

My main questions at the moment running through my head

How did he know her (if so)
Did he live locally? Was she heading to his house ?
How does a 16yr hide a body or person for that length of time ..presumably the 16yr old does not live alone
Has anyone assisted him ?

UK cases appear to be very different than ours. In the US, not only would we know his name by now we'd know his whole life story. The press would dig it all out in no time.

There are very strict rules in the UK about sub judice or content of publications after someone is arrested until the end of their potential Court case. Nothing that could prejudice a fair trail should be published.

In this case, where a juvenile has been charged, this would include revealing their name or other details which could potentially identify them. Juveniles have a right to anonimity.

Last edited:
It could be that he cracked and confessed under 90 hours of questioning. He's only 16 y/o and it may have been difficult for him to withstand the pressure. IMO

I don’t think that’s at all likely. Police questioning is very different in this country, this summarises it:

How the UK Police Interview Suspects - Innocence Project

With him being a child he will have had very comprehensive legal support and appropriate breaks etc too.

My main questions at the moment running through my head

How did he know her (if so)
Did he live locally? Was she heading to his house ?
How does a 16yr hide a body or person for that length of time ..presumably the 16yr old does not live alone
Has anyone assisted him ?

I keep thinking that she went to his house for whatever reason. Would be very risky to try and abduct her as she is walking along the street. A house was searched by the cemetery wasnt it?

I keep thinking that she went to his house for whatever reason. Would be very risky to try and abduct her as she is walking along the street. A house was searched by the cemetery wasnt it?

If he lives on Burnley Road or even Peel Park Avenue then i think that's a real possibility. I think there is a link between them and because of his age maybe through Lindsay's son or daughter?

It's so hard to second guess the reason for so many extensions. I kind of feel a hunch that they have fingerprints that tie him. No reason at all for that feeling though.
I've experienced the smell of a decomposing body and all the neighbours, including me, were retching, from our boots. When we shut the windows the smell pervaded inside our homes - its an unforgettable and overwhelming smell and would go as far as to say its the worst smell I've ever smelt.
absolutely agree with you and whenever I had to be in attendance at a post morten, I would put vicks menthol vapour rub under my nose and a face mask doused in Chinese white oil (strong menthol smell that makes your eyes water) and even then I couldn’t get the smell out of my senses!

I do live in the area, and it’s not been your typical warm summer, it’s been very wet. IF that bin had been there since the cctv image of the lad pulling it I’m guessing it would be difficult to get fingerprints from it, considering the amount of rain there has been.
Rain doesn’t wash away fingerprints on most surfaces as the print is left because of the oil in your skin and it sticks to the surface (depending upon the material) and is only ‘washed’ away if you actually manually wash it off. It’s not 100% of the time but in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70