UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree but ‘proud’ is quite a strange one. She didn’t say he loved him/ was fond of him, did she? Sounds like she was looking for a positive adjective MOO
I agree, what puzzles me is that the barristers didn't ask the witness to elaborate, such as, ask the witness why Logan was allegedly proud of JC, did Logan actually use the word proud.

Rsbm

Alyce said:

She says Williamson told her that Logan and defendant Cole would "wind each other up", and she would have to sit them down and try to stop them "butting heads"

A 39 year old man we are talking about ….. and a 5 year old child.

I had exactly this thought earlier - I mean, really, how ridiculous

From another reporter

@hamishausk
14m

Miss Hales said Logan was “less playful” and more quiet around his step-father, John Cole, but that he was “proud of his dad”. Miss Hales also told the court that if Logan had misbehaved at school, he would become upset with his mother and ask “are you going to tell dad?”.

Regarding the 'proud' comment ...

It's quite possible that welsh dialect plays a part ... I've notice quite a few words used already 'scram' (on his lip?) Noticed by a nurse - scram is Welsh for a scratch (like from a cat or nails, a sharp scratch but a superficial surface injury) and Cwtch which is Welsh for cuddle...

The Welsh men especially aren't known for their metrosexuality and perhaps when between 2 males it would be said that you're proud of rather than love your male relatives or friends.

Just something to bear in mind

15:45Jason Evans

'I want my son'

Miss Heath says she then heard Williamson shouting out Logan’s name a number of times, and shouting: "I want my son. The backdoor is wide open. He has got no socks on. He has got no shoes on."

She says she left for work around 7.20am and saw a male outside the flats who told her: "All I am trying to do is calm the situation down".

Logan Mwangi's mum was 'slightly on the strict side' jury told - live updates

15:46Jason Evans

Cross examination from Williamson's barrister

The witness is now being cross-examined by Peter Rouch QC for the defendant Williamson.

In response to questions the witness confirms that Williamson shouted hysterical and in sheer panic as she shouted; she also confirms that in her statement to the police she had described Williamson as being "frantic and inconsolable".

That concludes Miss Heath’s evidence.

The jury will now hear evidence in the form of written witness statements which will be read to the court by junior prosecution counsel Claire Pickthall.

The first statement is from Paul Dodd, partner of the previous witness Paula Heath. In his statement he describes how shouting and raised voices from the defendants’ flat was the norm, though he cannot recall any incidents when the shouting was directed at the children.

He says that on July 31 he was woken by his partner and heard a woman shouting "Where is Logan? Where is Logan?" He says he recognised the voice as belonging to Angharad Williamson as he heard her shouting "every day".

15:49Jason Evans

Dog walker

The next witness statement is from Ian Vaughan who lives in the area. He says he got up around 5.30am to let his dogs out "to do their business". Seeing police activity, he says he decided to take his dogs for a walk to see what was going on.

In his statement he describes being approached by a man and a teenager in the street, and the teenager asking him if he had seen "a five-year-old with dark curly hair", a boy the teen described as being of mixed race. The dog walker told the pair he had not.

Mr Vaughan’s statement continues, and he says a little while later he came across an old man who told him a young boy with no clothes on had been pulled out of the river.

snipped from above.... won't do much for the happy family image that AW wants to present.

The first statement is from Paul Dodd.

In his statement he describes how shouting and raised voices from the defendants’ flat was the norm

He says he recognised the voice as belonging to Angharad Williamson as he heard her shouting "every day".

Trial has finished for the day - but reporter still catching up with postings.

16:05Jason Evans

Man shouting 'Logan, Logan'

The next witness statement is from another person living in the area, Gemma Hopkins

She describes being woken at around 5.30am and looking out of her bedroom window and seeing a police traffic car driving slowly down the street and hearing a man shouting "Logan. Logan."

She says her and her husband Nathan went outside and saw a bald male with a young boy. She says the man asked them: "Have you seen my little boy?"

And more catch up ...

17:03Jason Evans

Jogger's evidence

The next witness statement is from Beverley Soles who was jogging in Pandy Park on the morning in question. She describes how she saw a man and teenager in the park, and how the man "nudged" the boy into approaching her and asking her if she had seen a five-year-old boy.

She says she asked the man what was going on, and he replied: "I went into the bedroom at 5.30am and he was not there." She describes the man’s tone of voice as "normal".

That concludes today’s evidence. The trial will resume at 10.30am on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member