UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they stripped the bed/removed the bedding but only washed the sheet?
JC is saying the sheet was washed but didn't admit to it being bloodied?
Then the bedding was just put back on the bed, unwashed but not the sheet, is that what he's saying?
It's not entirely clear. My impression from the reporting is that they hadn't taken the stained duvet cover or pillow case off the duvet and pillow, just the bottom sheet was missing.

What he's saying is ... not clear at all.

I still have some catching up to do but im a little confused at how they moved Logan from the flat to the river. Am i right that youth said Cole was carrying bin bags, Cole said he put Logan in a Nike holdall, but cctv shows Logan over Coles shoulder with his arms down his back ?

I still have some catching up to do but im a little confused at how they moved Logan from the flat to the river. Am i right that youth said Cole was carrying bin bags, Cole said he put Logan in a Nike holdall, but cctv shows Logan over Coles shoulder with his arms down his back ?
Yes, that's correct.

Some of what the youth said about this in his police interviews -

"The youth was asked if he had any further thoughts on the morning of July 31 after Cole’s confession he had carried Logan’s body to the river.

Youth: “(Cole) came in and said something I didn’t hear him properly and he grabbed what looked like bin bags. I followed him but I thought he was carrying bin bags, I wanted to watch and make sure he didn’t get approached. I wanted to make sure he was ok.

“I didn’t know what he was carrying, it looked like bags and later we went to the bridge and he went to the woods somewhere and he told me to wait….

“It looked like bin bags but I’m not sure. I saw him put something over his shoulder and I thought they were bin bags…. I had just woken up and my eyes are blurry as hell.

The police asked the youth if he could see what Cole had over his shoulder.

Youth: “No it was even darker outside.”

He was asked if he maintained he did not follow Cole to the riverbank.

Youth: “Yes… He didn’t say or do anything, he just walked on back.”

DC Saunders: “Did you see (Cole) carrying Logan.”

Youth: “No, don’t you think I would have phoned the police?”"

--

DC Saunders: “How many bags?”

Youth: “Three, there were five left I think.”

DC Saunders: “But you took three?”

Youth: “Yes.”

--

Youth: “I picked up two, (Cole) picked up one and I helped him get through (the front door). I passed them back to him… The back gate is loud and we didn’t want to wake anybody up.”

link
Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

This is such a complex case unlike Arthur & Stars..il stick to my theory that the youth did it but after reading such brilliant comments..I’m torn..could it be JC with his moral dilemma..just think why would he say that..the only explanation is he knew the youth did it & with the youth having such a rubbish start in life he wanted to spare him prison knowing that he could do it standing on his head.A commenter mentioned AW could be responsible..she was according to JC in the bedroom with Logan I believe this as JC said she heard Logan take his last breath she must of told JC he’s took his last breath..get rid of him & that’s stuck in his head & they were all waiting for Logan(cheeky cute angel)to die & AW was watching videos on YouTube to let’s say pass the time..maybe they all did it together..she wasn’t controlled maybe she was just overwhelmed in a tiny space..not sticking up for her but that youth & JC together,a baby,bored Logan..maybe she give up but they’re all still monsters..I hope they all get guilty & the best sentence possible..pure evil!

AW must of thought Calpol would fix it..wow..she needs locking in a mental institution..who watches their firstborn die..she should be locked up for life just for being part of Jeremy Kyle scenario..this case has got me so frustrated & things never change for kids in danger..I will never follow any child murder cases after this..I’m done just makes me angry that the government,social services etc nothings done & it will continue with children at risk & not be highlighted..major overhaul & extra staff in social services are needed..teachers need to start being more alert & not taking no for an answer..like the social worker who went to Logan just before he died..there should be a way where they get to see that child & again not taking no for an answer or police will be called..there is solutions but also they’re needs to be more help for people who find themselves in a violent,domestic situation..uk needs a kick up the….from nhs.<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not entirely clear. My impression from the reporting is that they hadn't taken the stained duvet cover or pillow case off the duvet and pillow, just the bottom sheet was missing.

What he's saying is ... not clear at all.
JC testified that Logan went to bed on 7/30 without a sheet on his mattress -- only the protective mattress cover present and that the bed sheet had already been washed (before July 31). In other words, seemed to me he was trying to dismiss and distance himself from any laundry being done in the early morning of 7/31. MOO

JC testified that Logan went to bed on 7/30 without a sheet on his mattress -- only the protective mattress cover present and that the bed sheet had already been washed (before July 31). In other words, seemed to me he was trying to dismiss and distance himself from any laundry being done in the early morning of 7/31. MOO

Exactly. It’s a bit of a nonsense but he’s trying to evade knowledge/responsibility of washing being done in the middle of the night. So by implying there was no sheet on the bed when he went to bed he’s both saying “I notice these things” and “no one took a sheet off at night to wash it because there was no sheet”. It’s not really credible. From which i imply he knows exactly why the sheet was removed (otherwise why not indicate it was on there when he took Logan - which it likely was - but that AW must have taken it off but that he did not notice this was the case until brought to his attention by the police?! He didn’t say this because he had to distance himself from the reason the sheet was removed - which is that it was covered in blood which he must have known was down to his/the youth’s actions. (IMHO!)

I'm wondering if they'll all get "causing or allowing", rather than murder or manslaughter as it won't be possible to prove which of them did it. I think it's most likely to be either Cole with his previous history and him saying "The only thing he understands is pain" or the youth, based on the foster parents and teacher statements, or a combination of the two. I can't see much evidence it was AW who delivered the fatal injuries. But I'm wondering if they'll all get causing or allowing due to them covering up who did it. (As well as perverting the course of justice.) I have little knowledge of the law and this is the first trial I've followed so may well have misunderstood

Do we think that with Cole saying he didnt put Logan in the river, he put him on the bank, that the youth moved him, maybe at the time he says he stayed at the bridge when Cole went to throw the pj top ?

Do we think that with Cole saying he didnt put Logan in the river, he put him on the bank, that the youth moved him, maybe at the time he says he stayed at the bridge when Cole went to throw the pj top ?
I think some people are supposing this. But my take is like some of the others on here, that confessing to laying him so called “peacefully” on the bank, rather than throwing him in the water (to wash off evidence?) makes JC sound better. So IMHO he’s lying and did put Logan in the water, but as there is no CCTV of that he won’t confess to the last heartless treatment of Logan’s body. I would find it strange the youth would move the body. So I think that story is to make JC seem better than he was.

There is an interestingly phrased question by Mr Rouch in this article.

Stepfather who dumped child’s body in river denies controlling behaviour | ITV News

Peter Rouch QC, for Williamson, asked Cole if he would have treated the dead body of a child he considered his own the way he treated Logan’s.

Cole replied: “I didn’t act alone, Angharad was involved as well.”

Cole repeated his evidence he had never asked Williamson for details on the freak accident that allegedly killed Logan.

“You have a dead five-year-old child, surely anyone would ask questions?” Mr Rouch said.

You would say ‘You saw mummy and daddy kissing’ and Logan would agree with you – is that what used to go on?,” Mr Rouch said.

In a police interview, Williamson said she was scared of Cole because he had told her he was in the SAS.

What would be the point? To try and be someone you don’t mess around with?” Mr Rouch asked.

I think some people are supposing this. But my take is like some of the others on here, that confessing to laying him so called “peacefully” on the bank, rather than throwing him in the water (to wash off evidence?) makes JC sound better. So IMHO he’s lying and did put Logan in the water, but as there is no CCTV of that he won’t confess to the last heartless treatment of Logan’s body. I would find it strange the youth would move the body. So I think that story is to make JC seem better than he was.
Ahh i see, thank you.

I'm wondering if they'll all get "causing or allowing", rather than murder or manslaughter as it won't be possible to prove which of them did it. I think it's most likely to be either Cole with his previous history and him saying "The only thing he understands is pain" or the youth, based on the foster parents and teacher statements, or a combination of the two. I can't see much evidence it was AW who delivered the fatal injuries. But I'm wondering if they'll all get causing or allowing due to them covering up who did it. (As well as perverting the course of justice.) I have little knowledge of the law and this is the first trial I've followed so may well have misunderstood
Only the adults can be convicted of causing or allowing. The youth only faces the charges of murder and PCOJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1