UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Body of five-year-old child found in south Wales river

A body of a 5 year old child has been found in a river yesterday. Today We have 3 arrests.

#UPDATE | We can confirm that following reports of concerns for a missing five year old boy in #Sarn #Bridgend and the subsequent finding of the body in the Ogmore River near Pandy Park, three people have been arrested.

A 39-year-old man, 30-year-old woman and 13-year-old boy, all from the Bridgend area, have been arrested on suspicion of murder. We are not looking for anyone else in relation to this incident.

Anyone who has any information in relation to the incident can contact the Major Crime Team directly via this portal link Public Portal or alternatively via one of the following means quoting reference number 2100268674.

• Go to: Provide more information to be added to a crime report
• Send us a private message on Facebook/Twitter
• Via email: SWP101@south-wales.police.uk
• Phone: 101
Man, woman and boy, 13, arrested over death of five-year-old in Bridgend

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
What a bloody sad case this is. JC is holding up well on the stand by admitting to various allegations then vehemently denying others as to muddy the water - I don’t know what happened - oh yes you do.

One more thing I noticed:

JC always stresses his and AW's eternal love, that they clicked immediately, nothing and nobody could separate them, it was said that he would kill Logan if she ever left him, etc.

He sounds like a psycho to me :(

Last edited:
I'd hate to be in the jury's shoes right now, they've all got different stories and all seem to be lying ! I don't think we will ever find out the truth.

I think it will be obvious to the jury all three are lying and all were abusing Logan ,so I very much hope all three will be found guilty of murder murder ,even though it might not be discovered who have him the final blow.

I think it will be obvious to the jury all three are lying and all were abusing Logan ,so I very much hope all three will be found guilty of murder murder ,even though it might not be discovered who have him the final blow.
That's what I think too.

JC is trying to say he doesn't know who killed the poor kid. And that is an obvious lie. It was a small home. He would know what happened, with so many severe injuries taking place.

I think that makes it easier to find all three guilty as a group. If any one of them was truly innocent, they would have gotten help for this sweet child. None of them tried to help him. So they are all complicit.

I think the youthful offender did many of the kicks and punches, just for amusement. And I think Cole landed some blows out of rage and compulsion. AW lashed out in frustration and may have injured him when she shook him and when she picked him up by the collar. But she emotionally abused and neglected him and failed to protect him---so she should be found guilty as well, IMO.

Last edited:
There's no medical reports in evidence that JC was actually diagnosed with PTSD, anxiety, depression or had any prescribed meds.
He was said to be 'self medicating' for anxiety and depression - Make of that (bold) what you will ;)

IMO I'd suggest it was either to do with his time served in SAS ;)
OR that he could have been traumatised by losing 'family members'.

August 4 interview

The next interview took place at 12.37pm on August 4.

A prepared statement was read out on behalf of Cole, who claimed neighbour Paula Heath was incorrect about timings on the morning Logan’s body was found.

He said: “What was said and done was for (the youth’s) benefit so he believed (Logan) was missing….

“Angharad was shouting and getting herself more and more worked up. She was all over the place about what had happened.

He also responded to claims Williamson made in her interview.

He said: “Angharad has been struggling, we all have. We seriously have been struggling…

“Angharad struggled to connect with Logan with same devotion and with some of his behaviour and reacting to his change made it harder for that devotion to return…

“We would try where we could to make a big fuss of Logan but we couldn’t keep that up. I tried to give Logan attention and taught him to read and write in phonics. He demanded and needed attention , but we couldn’t give him the attention he wanted and needed.

“I was worried about Angharad’s mental health… She said a couple of times about ending it. She said she was not coping with Logan and spoke about calling social services.

“Angharad was not well and I was suffering with my PTSD….

“(The youth) is nothing to do with this and did not take black bags to the river. What I said happened in my interview happened.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial hears what his mum said in police interviews

Last edited:
Didn't AW say something about him losing so many family members that it gave him trauma? I know he lost his sister but I don't know what other tragedies she was referring to.
Oh, I must have missed it!

Really?
What family members?

Last edited:
JC was proudly describing their wonderful parenting techniques---talking about putting a 3 yr old in the 'naughty corner. ' First of all, calling it that is not a good thing to do. You don't label the child as naughty. It is a 'time out' space because the purpose is to give the child and the adult a 'time out' so everyone can calm down and deescalate things.

But the way he described it was ridiculous. Giving a 3 or 4 yr old 'time outs' that keep starting over again, so they are expected to be in that corner for 25 minutes at a time----and they are getting these 'naughty corner' punishments 4 or 5 times a day?

And if the child makes. a 'bad face' the adult is going to punish them further and make them start it all over? What 4 yr old wouldn't be making grumpy faces while being punished in the corner? They were setting this poor baby up to fail.

Toddlers and pre-schoolers are so emotionally sensitive and fragile. And this child was dealing with a lot. His bio Dad coming in and out, the previous stepdad being physically abusive towards his mom, and all the chaos that brought. And then suddenly a new 'dad' and a new baby and a new older brother who was troubled and physically abusive. And he was odd man out. They were all bullying this poor child. And then they isolated him from those who did love him and care about him. It is heartbreaking.

I think the youthful offender did many of the kicks and punches, just for amusement. And I think Cole landed some blows out of rage and compulsion. AW lashed out in frustration and may have injured him when she shook him and when she picked him up by the collar. But she emotionally abused and neglected him and failed to protect him---so she should be found guilty as well, IMO.

That's exactly my impression. I think the youth has treated Logan as a toy for him to punch and kick as much as he liked. Seeing JC hit Logan (as well as AW handling Logan roughly) validated it for him and he took it much further. He wouldn't have had the maturity to exercise any restraint and limit it to the odd blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member