UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
14:52KEY EVENT
Angharad Williamson called to give evidence
The trial resumes. Peter Rouch QC calls his client Angharad Williamson to give evidence.

She gives her full name as Angharad Laura Williamson. She has long black hair and is wearing black glasses.

She was born on March 16, 1991, in Essex and is now 31 years old. She has a twin brother and a younger brother. Her father was a stockbroker and her mother also worked in finance. The defendant said: “My mum is from Radyr and my father is an East Ham boy.”

Her parents separated when she was around three years old. She received private primary school education and went to a public school until she was 16.

Williamson said she got 12 GCSEs and did voluntary work for a Multiple Sclerosis charity, for which she received an award. She said: “My mother and aunty both suffer with Multiple Sclerosis.”

She moved to Southend at the age of 17 and received a BTEC national diploma in moving images. She also had a Saturday job working at Carphone Warehouse.

At around 18 years old she returned to live with her mother and worked as a manager at Phones4U. She lost her job when the company went into liquidation.

When Williamson was 21 or 22 her mother indicated she wanted to move back to Wales. The defendant says she was given one of her mother’s credit cards untils she found another job but she misused it. She said: “I was doing a bit more partying with my friends." Her mother made a complaint to the police and she was charged with two offences of theft and on May 14, 2014, she was sentenced to a community order and did unpaid work.

She also took her mother’s car with a boyfriend to get cigarettes. She was arrested for being concerned in taking a motor vehicle but no charges were brought.

Mr Rouch said: “Did you hold a grudge against your mother?” Williamson said: “Not at all, my mum was trying to teach me a lesson.”

Apart from those matters she has a clean record.

Mr Rouch said: “You use bad language don’t you?” Williamson said: “I eff and jeff like it’s going out of fashion unfortunately.”

Mr Rouch said: “If you get upset is your language is not as polite as it should be?”

Williamson said: “Yes, my emotions take over a lot…. Everyone has seen how emotional I am…. It’s been the case since I was a little girl."

Mr Rouch said: “Can you go from high to low and back again?”

Williamson said: “Very quickly. I can be nervous and anxious about something and then be okay and then be excited and happy.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial continues – updates from court

14:59PHILIP DEWEY
Defendant said her pregnancy with Logan was 'horrendous'
Peter Rouch QC is continuing to question his client Angharad Williamson. The barrister asked her: “How close were you to your mother?" Getting upset and looking at her mother in the public gallery Williamson said: “She’s my best friend.”

Williamson continues giving biographical details and said she later met Ben Mwangi, Logan’s father.

She said: “It was a quick relationship – we knew each other from going out with friends. It progressed really quickly because Ben and I clicked really well.”

They quickly started a relationship, moved in together, and Williamson became pregnant in Logan in June 2015.

When asked about her pregnancy she said: “It was horrendous. I was having frequent seizures from three months on from being pregnant….. A lot of vomiting, weight loss. It was terrifying. I had a lot of anxiety… I was scared about being pregnant, hitting my belly, being on my own, I was very anxious…. I went and found my mum and moved in with her.”

Williamson moved to her mother’s house in St Brides Major, in the Vale of Glamorgan, and her mother took her to hospital appointments.

Mr Rouch said: “Was Ben still living in Essex?” Williamson said: “Yes he was…. He was an electrician or training to be.”

The court heard Ben Mwangi’s father became paralysed from the neck down after returning to Kenya. Ben Mwangi came to stay with Williamson and his mother on two occasions.

Williamson said: “I wanted him to be involved in the pregnancy, I wanted him to feel a part of it.”

15:08PHILIP DEWEY
'I was so overjoyed by Logan... I loved the bones of that boy'
The court hears about Logan Mwangi’s birth from his mother Angharad Williamson who is in the witness box being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC.

Williamson said: “I had to be induced, the amniotic fluid was really low….. I was in labour for 48 hours then my waters broke and I started having seizures…. I got rushed in for an emergency C-section.”

She said Logan weighed seven pounds and five-and-a-half ounces.

Williamson said: “He was perfect…. I took pictures every day, I was so overjoyed by Logan…. I loved the bones of that boy.”

The defendant and Logan later moved to Essex with Logan's dad Ben Mwangi but stayed only four or five weeks before returning to Wales.

Mr Rouch said: “After you returned to your mother in April/May 201 did Ben used to come down to visit Logan?”

Williamson said: “No, he visited once or twice and I paid for the train ticket.”

Mr Rouch said: “Eventually your relationship with Ben Mwangi broke down permanently?”

Williamson said: “Yes it did.”

She said she would send Mr Mwangi pictures of Logan and do video chats.

Mr Rouch said: “Did you want Ben Mwangi in or out of his life?”

Williamson said: “In – he was his father.”

The defendant said this changed when she returned from a visit to London to see Mr Mwangi when she was in a relationship with Cole.

She said: “Jay accused me of sleeping with Ben because I didn’t answer the phone late at night…. When I went back to Bridgend I spoke to Jay about what happened and he said Ben was leaning on me too much.”

15:14PHILIP DEWEY
Defendant claims she was attacked by her husband
Angharad Williamson, who is being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC, tells the court she met Jordan Hunt in 2016. She said he was a soldier in the Welsh Guards. They married in August 2017 and moved to Broadlands in Bridgend.

Mr Hunt was deployed to Afghanistan but Williamson claimed he was court martialled for assaulting an officer.

Mr Rouch said: “How did the relationship between you and Jordan progress?”

Willaimson said: “Not well at all. He had PTSD, very jumpy, was drinking a lot, lost his temper and beat me….. He put me in hospital and I ended the relationship then [in 2019].” The defendant claimed Mr Hunt was prosecuted for that assault

Mr Rouch said: “How was Jordan Hunt towards Logan?”

Williamson said: “He was a wonderful role model. They would read together, do story time, and he brought toys back for him.”

15:18PHILIP DEWEY
'Logan was my little sidekick,' emotional mum tells court
Peter Rouch QC continues to question his client Angharad Williamson. He said: “What was yours and Logan’s relationship like?”

Getting emotional, Williamson said: “It was beautiful. I’m quite a needy emotional person and Logan was very cuddly, so is my mum. We were very close. Logan was my little sidekick. We did everything together, he was such a happy boy.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was he a bright child?”

Williamsons said: “He was so clever, he wanted to explore the world and see what it was about… I was very proud, put his photos up, and showed him off on Facebook.”

Mr Rouch said: “How would you describe your care or concern for him?” Williamson said: “I was a bit overprotective of him, I always have been. He’s my baby.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did that cause you to be difficult?” Williamson said: “Yes I was a teacher’s worst nightmare. I wanted to make sure he had everything just in case… Spare shoes, wellies, change of clothes….. I called them up and asked them if he was having a nice day…. I was his mum, I knew his telltale signs and I needed to know he was okay.”

The defendant was also asked about Logan’s relationship with her mum.

Getting upset she said: “Mum was a second mum to him or a dad to him…. They used to do baking and make gingerbread men together. They loved each other and mum was so good to him.”

She was asked about food for Logan. Williamson said: “We used to do home-cooked meals but mum was awful for giving him extra biscuits like grandmothers do.”

She said her mum would look after Logan on a Friday or Saturday night so she could meet up with a friend.

Williamson and Logan later moved into 5 Lower Llansantffraid, Sarn. She said: “We were a family and we finally had a home for ourselves not connected to anyone else, a place we could call our own.”

Overprotective!!! So what happened?
good question, i think she's telling the truth. then things drastically changed.

"i had pictures of him all over facebook" i remember finding her tik tok and it was all the youth and the baby, you wouldn't even know Logan existed :( This was in lockdown, I think lockdown changed everything in that house

I desperately wanted a little fairytale family'
Angharad Williamson, who is in the witness box, said she met John Cole at the Railway Inn pub in Bridgend in 2019. She said: “We were getting on lovely, chatting and drinking.”

When asked if Cole was in a relationship Williamson said: “He said it was complicated.”

She added: “We slept together on the first night – it was a one-night stand and it continued from there.”

From then on Williamson said Cole would regularly come to the flat. Her barrister Peter Rouch QC said: “How was the relationship between you and Mr Cole?” Williamson said: “Perfect.”

She added: “I felt like I had failed Logan because his biological father wasn’t around and Jordan didn’t turn out to be a good person. I desperately wanted a little fairytale family.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did the relationship change at all?”

Williamson said: “It was quite good in summer months but things changed towards the end of the summer months…. It was after I came back from London things changed.”

Mr Rouch said: “Whilst you were away in London did you have contact with John Cole?”

Williamson said: “We did….. I video-called him…. He was bombarding me with a lot of calls, I was seeing my Dad, getting Logan to see his dad, and I wasn’t able to pick up all the calls.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was there a relationship with Ben Mwangi in those days?”

Williamson said: “No there wasn’t.”

Mr Rouch said: “What was Mr Cole’s attitude towards you?”

Williamson said: “Very cold. I felt like I was interrogated a lot….He then decided to interrogare Logan…. I said: 'You can talk to Logan'. He went in the kitchen and spoke to Logan but I could hear him doing leading questions… ‘Did you see mummy and daddy kissing yes?’... If you lead a three-year-old like that of course they’re going to agree…. It was a constant row that kept going on, until literally just before Logan passed….

“Jay would literally start an argument and get annoyed with Logan and he said Logan would bring up London and would do it to wind him up…. A three-year-old doesn’t have an agenda.”

She added: “It was because of his guilt because he had an affair with another man while I was in London.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you hear Logan refer to [London]?”

Williamson said: “No never, I only heard it from John Cole saying Logan was trying to wind him up.”

Makes me wonder what sort of male role models she'd had in her young life, to think these men were such good guys?

Took the words out of my mouth/head ... if mum was divorced by the time Angharad was 3, she'd had 3 young children. What kind of Mum was she? What kind of example did Angharad have of relationships with men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB