UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defendant says she stopped contact with her mother
Angharad Williamson told the court John Cole was living at Maesglas during this period and she continued to live at 5 Lower Llansantffraid.

Her barrister Peter Rouch QC said: “What happened between April 2019 and Christmas 2019 between you and your mother?”

Williamson said: “When I was ill in hospital…. My mum used to take Logan and look after him while I was in hospital….. When Jay came on the scene that slowly deteriorated… Jay kept coming up more and I tried to rely on my mum less…. Jay wanted us to be a family, I wanted to be a family, I’d leaned on my mum my whole life…. When he said to do this as a family I took his advice and my mum slowly went into the background. He said: ‘I’ll take over looking after Logan and I’ll be his father figure’.”

The defendant said by Christmas 2019 her own and Logan’s relationship with her mother was non-existent.

She said there was an incident when Williamson’s mother left Logan asleep in a car when she went to cash a cheque but a restaurant manager called the police.

From then on Williamson stopped contact with her mother and didn’t let her see Logan.

Williamson said: “It wasn’t as bad as it sounds…. There are parents here and who hasn’t left their child in the driveway while they’ve popped in a shop?”

Logan Mwangi murder trial continues – updates from court

Williamson said Cole 'didn't like how cuddly me and Logan were'
Angharad Williamson said she and Logan were affectionate and John Cole had a problem with their closeness. She said: “He didn’t like how cuddly me and Logan were.”

Williamson spent a period of time in hospital and Logan had been living with Cole at Maesglas.

Peter Rouch QC, representing Williamson, refers to the evidence of Jodie Simmonds when it was alleged Cole grabbed Williamson by the throat.

She said: “I had been arguing with Jay…. I was very emotional, I was crying and shouting. I was by the kitchen, by the door and [Cole] put his hands around my neck and pushed me towards the fridge.”

The defendant said she told Ms Simmonds Cole had strangled her.

Williamson says Cole 'showed her video of special forces mission he did'
Defendant Angharad Williamson, who is being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC, was asked about John Cole’s alleged claim he was in the military.

Williamson said: “A couple of months into our relationship we were talking about careers and relationships. He said he had a similar background to my ex-husband…. He said he was ex-special forces… He said his father and grandfather were in special forces as well. He had a black phone and showed me a video of one of the missions he did.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did he say what he could or couldn’t do?”

Williamson said: “He said he could disappear, find whoever he wanted whenever he wanted."

Mr Rouch said: “Did you believe him?” Williamson said: “Yes.”

Mr Rouch said: “We know he has criminal convictions – did he tell you about those?”

Wililamson said: “I knew some of them but not the details of a lot of them. He emphasised his last conviction was 10 years ago and he said he was on an IPP sentence and if he went down again he would be sent down for 99 years.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did he tell you he had been to prison?”

Williamson said: “Yes he did…. He said he was well-known in Coventry, said he had friends in prison and knew people in a lot of places. He was showy-off about it.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was he showy-off about his military career?”

Williamson said: “Yes told me and told his friends.”

AW has zero judgement about partners which many have. But having a child should make you more cautious, not less. That she met an older man with an unknown history in a pub and went home with him straight away, doesn't show good decision making. This is why her life is a trainwreck.

AW has zero judgement about partners which many have. But having a child should make you more cautious, not less. That she met an older man with an unknown history in a pub and went home with him straight away, doesn't show good decision making. This is why her life is a trainwreck.
Logan’s life was not the fairytale she is putting it across as. There is no stability at all. IMO

JC was also "phenomenal" according to her!

Her dad left when she was a toddler, haven't seen any reference to a step dad or other partner in her mums life. She craves attention, the medical episodes, behaviour towards staff at school. I don't have any sympathy for her but she definitely screams emotionally vulnerable at the very least. She could've thrown herself at any male who gave her attention. Similarly how just general interaction from teaching staff saw her act like they were best friends.

All moo.

Williamson discusses a time when Logan's arm was injured
Angharad Williamson is still giving evidence and is being questioned by her barrister Peter Rouch QC. She said her and Logan became “less cuddly” because of John Cole’s influence.

She said after her time in hospital Cole would spend more time looking after Logan.

In August 2020 Logan injured his arm.

Williamson said: “I was in the kitchen downstairs [and] John Cole…. Logan was upstairs…. I just shouted Logan for dinner, he jumped off the bed, he ran, and I heard a tumble down the stairs…

“I ran to the middle landing and Logan was in a heap on the floor. I picked him up and could see his arm was drooping and floppy. He was crying bless him.

“I picked him up took him to the kitchen and said: ‘Jay what has happened?’ and he said he had dislocated his shoulder.”

Williamson said she was apprehensive about hospitals because of Covid.

Mr Rouch said: “How apprehensive were you about Covid?”

Williamson said: “I was neurotic about it…. We both were, we pulled [Logan] out of school.”

She added: “Jay said where he had been in the SAS he knew how to click it (the shoulder). I said to get him out of pain. He pulled it, rolled it, and clicked it and strapped it up and I gave him Calpol….

“[Logan was] Chilling out with his little drink happy as Larry… I checked on him every two hours….

“The next day I took the sling off and could see it had dropped and realised I needed to take him to hospital.”

Mr Rouch said: “What did John Cole say?”

Williamson said: “He agreed with it, he said: ‘What about the arm?’. I said: ‘I asked you to do it, you’ve got convictions, I’ll take the blame for this, I’m his mother and it was my responsibility’.”

Williamson said she kept Logan off school until his arm was fully recovered. She said: “He couldn’t wipe himself and I didn’t want anybody touching him who I didn’t know.”

The trial adjourns for the day and will resume at 10am tomorrow.

he had an affair with a MAN? that would explain a lot- as in self-hatred and shame etc

at least she's not going down the route it was all Logan's fault... yet
I presume it's a typo. There's been quite a few of them on the Wales online page so far. You'd think a journalist covering such a big case would be more careful.

It may just be the way it is reported, but it comes across as she’s doing that over friendly, informal, over- familiar persona in the stand. I totally expect to see this change rapidly under cross examination. Remember how the nurses in the hospital found her nasty and rude?

It may just be the way it is reported, but it comes across as she’s doing that over friendly, informal, over- familiar persona in the stand. I totally expect to see this change rapidly under cross examination. Remember how the nurses in the hospital found her nasty and rude?

Yes, I think there will be a lot of crying at that point. I wonder if she will be able to restrain her language, being as she has already said swearing is second nature to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB