GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm somewhat surprised at the verdicts. I thought that, as presented, the case against each of them as individuals was weak - certainly for the murder, although the case for causing and allowing for the adults was pretty airtight.

but what we heard from court was a tiny fraction of the evidence, witnesses were sometimes giving evidence for hours but reporting was just a few lines.
Add to that, the evidence against youth was very restricted.
There are more details coming out now , if you check around various sources and no doubt some of that will end up being printed in the media.

My 4 year old son has those dinosaur pyjamas :(

As does my 5 year old son, it literally took my breath away when I saw them :(

I'd like to say the extra details that have been reported this afternoon following the guilty verdicts shock me but it always seems to be the same, these unfortunate children are generally known to social services yet still suffer abuse and often worse
My heart hurts for Logan and all the other children out there not surrounded by love.

Wonder what his national front homophobe friends will say to the claim he cheated on angharad with a man :/ prison ain’t looking too safe for this guy eh

Do we definitely know that that was true, or was it a misreporting? It's not so much that I have difficulty believing it (rather the reverse) but I'm surprised that he would have admitted it to AW.

ETA: True apparently - The stockbroker's daughter who murdered her own son - but I'm still surprised he would have told her, knowing, I assume, that she couldn't be relied on to keep her mouth shut. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when that came out...

Last edited:
Logan Mwangi murder: Mum, stepdad and teen found guilty

21 April 2022

[..]

Analysis - BBC social affairs editor, Alison Holt

The end of the trial may settle the question about who was responsible for Logan's murder, but there remain many questions about whether he could have been better protected.

Medics were concerned by a broken arm nearly a year before his murder, so alerted safeguarding authorities.

Later, a social worker was allocated to Logan's case.

He was put on the Child Protection Register, but was removed a month before his death, suggesting he was no longer believed to be at risk of significant harm.

Cole's violent history was known to social services as was the troubled, violent past of the teenager.

A foster family the teenager stayed with told the court that he had threatened to kill Logan.

The teenager moved into the two-bed flat just days before the five-year old's death.

He was checked on by a social worker, but Logan wasn't seen because the family said he had Covid.

Covid restrictions amplified the pressures on families and made it harder for social workers to make checks.

But Logan was also telling his own story as best he could in a world where he had no power - the court heard he lost weight and his stammer got worse.

It will be the job of a child practice review to examine in detail the actions of the authorities. The earliest this will report is in the autumn.

Do we definitely know that that was true, or was it a misreporting? It's not so much that I have difficulty believing it (rather the reverse) but I'm surprised that he would have admitted it to AW.

Someone (sorry I don't remember who - it was on the previous thread) checked with the reporter and it was not a misreporting.

What are the possible sentences for the 3 murderers? They are each held individually responsible for Logan's murder, but which circumstances can give them more or less time?
I guess there will be some mitigating factors for the youth and AW.

None for JC - but didn't he talk so much about a 99 year sentence? :D

From reading a wikipedia entry, it seems that the adults are looking at from 15 to 30 years for offences to a child that are racially motivated. The other charges would run concurrently, is that right?

I don't understand how the tap burn was explained away so easily. I find it hard to believe a tap would get hot enough to burn on fleeting contact so why did the sw accept it? Just all excuses isn't it.

As much as she deserves everything she gets I do think it was him .. her "downplaying " the severity of his blows was her down fall ..
Yes, I am not sure she actually dealt Logan any blows. But she did nothing to save him, nothing to get him medical aid or protection from the abuse. And that was like a death sentence for him.

I'm well behind the rest of you and trying to catch up. Thank you, Jury! I was moved to tears reading Ben Mwangi's simple and stunning statement. Seeing the videos of melodramatic AW's antics is beyond comprehension. She literally sacrificed her beautiful boy to be with a racist ******

I don't see a problem with the stairgate ... I'd be more disturbed by a door kept closed, a locked door.

There is nothing, in itself wrong with having gate there. Most 5 year olds can easily open them or climb over them.

I really hope (though doubt) reporters and people are careful with their words because these 3 are not monsters. They're just people.

If you're looking out for monsters, you will fall to see the ordinary people, in your neighbourhood, workplace, amongst your friends, even family who are going down the path that leads to where these 3 are now.

For me, there is no justice, nothing to whoop and cheer for, just utter sadness that nothing will bring Logan back, our ONLY hope is that something will be learned and prevent the death and abuse of another child.
I think their behaviour was monstrous. Logan's list of injuries was evidence of their monstrous behaviour. The fact that none of them sought help for him, while he was in severe pain and dying, shows how vile they were.
Jc calling him co-co Pop and making him eat on the floor, standing with his face in the corner for hours, forced to do push ups, and isolated from everyone, until brutally beaten to death was inhumane.

I disagree that they were 'just people.' I think they acted like monsters. JMO

What are the possible sentences for the 3 murderers? They are each held individually responsible for Logan's murder, but which circumstances can give them more or less time?

I was curious too, so I looked up the CPS guidance.

There is a statutory framework for setting tariffs for life sentences: Sentencing - Mandatory life sentences in Murder cases | The Crown Prosecution Service

In brief, for JC and AW, there will be a basic starting point of (probably, imo) 30 years, which can then be varied up or down based on aggravating and mitigating factors, such as Logan's age and vulnerability, the ongoing suffering inflicted, the abuse of trust, versus, perhaps, a lack of clear intention to murder, or any psychiatric diagnoses that come to light.

For the youth, the starting point is 12 years.

There is also the PTCOJ conviction to consider.

June 2021 - Cole applies for responsibility of unnamed 14-year-old teen.

20 July 2021 - Logan tests positive for covid and begins self isolation

26 July 2021 - Family court grants Williamson and Cole care responsibility of unnamed 14-year-teen. He moves in that day.

27 July 2021 - Logan seen alive for the last time by someone outside the family during a facetime call"

The day after the youth moves in, is the last day Logan is seen alive and well....:(

I'm so pleased with the outcomes today, like all of you.

Looking at the sentencing guidelines I think it possible JC could be given a whole life tariff. It may seem a stretch but the criteria include murder of a person under 18 for sadistic reasons ( tick) and political/ religious or ideological murder. His NF affiliations could fulfil the latter then adding in aggravating factors such as vulnerability of the victim, duty of care owed, mental and physical suffering of logan not to mention his previous convictions and I think his 99 years in prison dream might be achieved. We can but hope!

i thought the fact in the 999 call when asked to describe Logan she said he's a mixed race boy was interesting. That thought would never cross my mind and I wouldn't say that about him as the first thing coming to my head, I'd say beautiful brown curly hair, brown eyes. Just thought it was an interesting thing to say
I thought the same exact thing and both my kids are mixed race. But I don't think Logan looks like a typical mixed race child and so that being the first thing she said seemed odd to me.

Now I understand better why the child had his head shaved at one point. I think Coke didn't like Logan's curly hair. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1