GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I know I shouldn't judge by appearances but something about the JC mugshots makes my skin crawl. he looks rough and hard, which is an understatement.
We're getting a little confused here. No official mugshots have been released yet. I presume you just meant the Facebook photos that have been used of JC and AW in the press

This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Ben Mwangi comes out of this very well either. Surely he'd make more of an effort to see Logan even by legal means? Seems like he had no contact with him for 3 years. I know AW stopped contact but you'd think he would have fought to see him, he was still an infant after all.
He would've had a legal right to see him but it seems he never bothered.
JMO
Besides, AW even once said she had to pay for his journey tickets when he came to visit.

But, of course, she might have lied.
Who knows?

Besides, for me as a "visual" person, photos say a lot.

Mugshots convey mental state of perps.
ET's mugshot (Arthur's case) showed her defiance. Horrible woman.

I really missed looking at facial expressions and body language of defendants reading the reports in this trial.

In the Mirror article linked above, the fourth chance to save Logan listed is: "June 2021: Social worker Debbie Williams supports bid to take youth out of foster care and to stay with family despite Williamson's two children being on the Child Protection Register and previous report of an attack on Logan. Her colleague Gaynor Rush tries to speak to social worker Williams over concerns about placement, but is ignored." :confused::(:mad:

In the Mirror article linked above, the fourth chance to save Logan listed is: "June 2021: Social worker Debbie Williams supports bid to take youth out of foster care and to stay with family despite Williamson's two children being on the Child Protection Register and previous report of an attack on Logan. Her colleague Gaynor Rush tries to speak to social worker Williams over concerns about placement, but is ignored." :confused::(:mad:
But it was reported that Family Court made this decision.

Surely, they consider many factors, not just 1 opinion of a social worker.
MOO

Besides, for me as a "visual" person, photos say a lot.

Mugshots convey mental state of perps.
ET's mugshot (Arthur's case) showed her defiance. Horrible woman.

I really missed looking at facial expressions and body language of defendants reading the reports in this trial.

Well, I agree one would learn a lot from being at the trial instead of relying on partial reports, not just from the expressions, but including them. But mugshots - apart from defiance or resignation, what do they tell you? Even people who aren't guilty of such a hideous crime as this, look as if they are! Come to that, my current passport photo is a similar form of humiliation...

When is sentencing ?

We don't know yet.

Sentencing to take place at a later date
Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC says a period of adjournment will need to take place for victim statements from the family to be taken and for reports to be compiled in respect of the youth defendant.

Mrs Justice Jefford says she will not proceed to the sentencing today and a new date will be fixed.

Three found guilty of murdering five-year-old Logan Mwangi

So it means, the channels of info between institutions were not working properly.

I think so, possibly even bureaucratic issues like confidentiality with the crossover of Logan’s case and the Youths. We know there were two separate workers for two individual children, it doesn’t make sense that there was no joined up approach or a risk assessment of both cases together. The separate addresses may have contributed to that, or the youths worker may only have assessed JC as a carer, not AW. It’s all such a mess, but whatever happened, effective and open communication and joint working could certainly have made for a very different outcome. JMO.

Don't forget that Debbie Williams testified in court against the youth's foster family, claiming that they never told her about his threats to Logan and to them. I don't find her testimony credible. She moved fairly swiftly to replace him with dynamic duo who themselves were also aware of his abuse of Logan previously and took him back anyway. Courts, commissions and the like rely heavily on the reports of social workers, teachers etc. The reports can be very one sided and not express any doubts or diverging opinions on a case. Makes life a lot easier for the reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz