GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said: “It’s not part of the prosecution’s case Angharad Williamson deliberately burnt Logan’s neck. Not one question about this burn was asked by the prosecution and the evidence was not put to the expert witnesses…. It’s another lie invented by Mr Cole, you submit you can put that immediately to one side.

I thought she admitted doing it ? Because her father used to do it to her, so it was all ok

No she didn’t admit to it, she said she had told Cole her dad used to do that to her as a child, and now Cole is using that knowledge to try and pin something on her that didn’t happen.

No she didn’t admit to it, she said she had told Cole her dad used to do that to her as a child, and now Cole is using that knowledge to try and pin something on her that didn’t happen.

We do not know it did not happen or if the hot teaspoon was a cover up for another way he received the burn, a cigarette or hot tap for example.

I've just pulled up the testimony re the spoon. As Dotta and Lucy said, it was JC who mentioned it.
AW denied it all.
The burn was reported to social services as accidental. My take is that - because they thought it might be brought up in the trial ( from social services records ) - they created the story of the teaspoon.
I suspect they probably put Logan's head under the tap to frighten him, because he was not happy in the shower.
MOO of course.

David Elias questioning JC.
Mr Elias asked: “The jury also heard about a burn on Logan’s neck?” Cole said: “Basically me and Angharad were in the kitchen. He was running around, being quite boisterous. Angharad took the teaspoon out of her coffee and put it on the back of his neck.”

Mr Elias asked if Cole was concerned about that and the defendant replied: “Yes. She said it wasn’t a big deal and her dad used to do it to her. I said: ‘You can’t do that’ and we reported it to social services as an [accidental] burn.” Mr Elias asked: “Did you agree to go along with that?” Cole said: “Unfortunately yes.”

David Elias questioning AW
Mr Elias said: “You lost your temper with him when you put a tea spoon in the back of his neck."

Williamson said: ““No, I’ve never burnt my son on the back of his neck.”
The defendant said her father would tap her on the back of her hand with a spoon and had told Cole about it in confidence.
She said: “I think it’s absolutely disgusting. My son burnt himself on the back of a tap. It wasn’t circular. I loved my son dearly, I would never hurt him.”

I've just pulled up the testimony re the spoon. As Dotta and Lucy said, it was JC who mentioned it.
AW denied it all.
The burn was reported to social services as accidental. My take is that - because they thought it might be brought up in the trial ( from social services records ) - they created the story of the teaspoon.
I suspect they probably put Logan's head under the tap to frighten him, because he was not happy in the shower.
MOO of course.

David Elias questioning JC.
Mr Elias asked: “The jury also heard about a burn on Logan’s neck?” Cole said: “Basically me and Angharad were in the kitchen. He was running around, being quite boisterous. Angharad took the teaspoon out of her coffee and put it on the back of his neck.”

Mr Elias asked if Cole was concerned about that and the defendant replied: “Yes. She said it wasn’t a big deal and her dad used to do it to her. I said: ‘You can’t do that’ and we reported it to social services as an [accidental] burn.” Mr Elias asked: “Did you agree to go along with that?” Cole said: “Unfortunately yes.”

David Elias questioning AW
Mr Elias said: “You lost your temper with him when you put a tea spoon in the back of his neck."

Williamson said: ““No, I’ve never burnt my son on the back of his neck.”
The defendant said her father would tap her on the back of her hand with a spoon and had told Cole about it in confidence.
She said: “I think it’s absolutely disgusting. My son burnt himself on the back of a tap. It wasn’t circular. I loved my son dearly, I would never hurt him.”

Thanks very much for finding this. Makes it clear now.

still on catch up from Peter Rouch closing

15:40Philip Dewey

'What did John Cole say in evidence?'

Mr Rouch turns to the prosecution’s case that Williamson was awake in the night.

He said: “The prosecution described it as if it was a done deal and couldn’t be disputed. The curtains being moved and lights switched on and off and her phone was used at the time she was asleep. The danger is you are told something like this and adopt the position.

“Firsty the movement of the curtains and operation of the lights in Logan’s bedroom. The prosecution say as John Cole and (the youth) left at 2.43am the only person who could have been responsible for that activity was Angharad Williamson.

“If Angharad Williamson is not responsible for that activity when it’s either John Cole or (the youth), one of them having returned to the flat. Our case is it must have been (the youth).

“Firstly we can see (the youth) leaving the flat and coming back to the flat. There’s no movement or activity in Logan’s room when we can see (the youth) on the CCTV footage. The CCTV footage doesn’t exclude (the youth) from being in Logan’s room.

“What did John Cole say in evidence? He said when he left number five he was not aware (the youth) was with him. He said he was first aware when (the youth) was by the river. He said he would have walked around with Logan’s boy with (the youth) in tow and would have told him to back inside.

“If John Cole was carrying the body of a dead five-year-old child he’s not going to have (the youth) walking with him as he’s carrying the body. John Cole knew (the youth) was with him when they left the flat. (The youth) did what he was told to do.

“John Cole agreed all (the youth) had to have done was jump over the front wall and he was back in the house in seconds. If he did it was not captured on CCTV…..

“Who knows what (the youth) and Mr Cole had been doing minutes before in Logan’s bedroom when his dead body was taken out of that bedroom.

“(The youth) goes back out over the wall and they both return on the CCTV on the path. Activity in Logan’s bedroom, was it established without question it must have been Angharad Williamson, was it established without question Cole and (the youth) left shoulder to shoulder.”

Logan Mwangi murder trial jury hears closing speeches

still on catch up from Peter Rouch closing

15:40Philip Dewey

'What did John Cole say in evidence?'

Mr Rouch turns to the prosecution’s case that Williamson was awake in the night.

He said: “The prosecution described it as if it was a done deal and couldn’t be disputed. The curtains being moved and lights switched on and off and her phone was used at the time she was asleep. The danger is you are told something like this and adopt the position.

“Firsty the movement of the curtains and operation of the lights in Logan’s bedroom. The prosecution say as John Cole and (the youth) left at 2.43am the only person who could have been responsible for that activity was Angharad Williamson.

“If Angharad Williamson is not responsible for that activity when it’s either John Cole or (the youth), one of them having returned to the flat. Our case is it must have been (the youth).

“Firstly we can see (the youth) leaving the flat and coming back to the flat. There’s no movement or activity in Logan’s room when we can see (the youth) on the CCTV footage. The CCTV footage doesn’t exclude (the youth) from being in Logan’s room.

“What did John Cole say in evidence? He said when he left number five he was not aware (the youth) was with him. He said he was first aware when (the youth) was by the river. He said he would have walked around with Logan’s boy with (the youth) in tow and would have told him to back inside.

“If John Cole was carrying the body of a dead five-year-old child he’s not going to have (the youth) walking with him as he’s carrying the body. John Cole knew (the youth) was with him when they left the flat. (The youth) did what he was told to do.

“John Cole agreed all (the youth) had to have done was jump over the front wall and he was back in the house in seconds. If he did it was not captured on CCTV…..

“Who knows what (the youth) and Mr Cole had been doing minutes before in Logan’s bedroom when his dead body was taken out of that bedroom.

“(The youth) goes back out over the wall and they both return on the CCTV on the path. Activity in Logan’s bedroom, was it established without question it must have been Angharad Williamson, was it established without question Cole and (the youth) left shoulder to shoulder.”

But that still leaves the phone unaccounted for.

But that still leaves the phone unaccounted for.
15:56PHILIP DEWEY
Phone
Mr Rouch refers to the use of Williamson’s phone.

He said: “Have the prosecution made you sure Angharad Williamson was using her phone that night.

“Angharad Williamson said all of them watched YouTube on her phone, she was the main financial provider which is why her phone was always in credit. John Cole was not well off and his phone was never in credit.

“The video concerning an ingrown toenail which John Cole had a problem with and the video of the BMW was of no interest to Angharad.

“There’s no fingerprint to establish who was looking at YouTube that night, nothing exclusive to say it was Angharad WIlliamson. Anyone could have been with that phone, all it shows was someone was operating that phone and watching YouTube.”

The barrister also makes reference to the Barclays app and says the password used would only enable the user to access the balance, which he said Cole would frequently do.

He added: “As far as the rest of the app activity is concerned, app activity can be generated by manual use of a phone itself or the app itself can refresh automatically and can show active usage.
“When you test the evidence of the light in Logan’s bedroom, the curtain moving and Angharad Williamson’s phone it shows how important a trial is and how crucial it is to test the evidence

“The prosecution opening left no doubt that Angharad Williamson was awake. No it doesn’t. We ask you to be truthful to your affirmation and try the case on the evidence.

“If she was asleep or may have been and therefore not awake, when John Cole took out the body, that fits in with other evidence.”

15:56PHILIP DEWEY
Phone
Mr Rouch refers to the use of Williamson’s phone.

He said: “Have the prosecution made you sure Angharad Williamson was using her phone that night.

“Angharad Williamson said all of them watched YouTube on her phone, she was the main financial provider which is why her phone was always in credit. John Cole was not well off and his phone was never in credit.

“The video concerning an ingrown toenail which John Cole had a problem with and the video of the BMW was of no interest to Angharad.

“There’s no fingerprint to establish who was looking at YouTube that night, nothing exclusive to say it was Angharad WIlliamson. Anyone could have been with that phone, all it shows was someone was operating that phone and watching YouTube.”

The barrister also makes reference to the Barclays app and says the password used would only enable the user to access the balance, which he said Cole would frequently do.

He added: “As far as the rest of the app activity is concerned, app activity can be generated by manual use of a phone itself or the app itself can refresh automatically and can show active usage.
“When you test the evidence of the light in Logan’s bedroom, the curtain moving and Angharad Williamson’s phone it shows how important a trial is and how crucial it is to test the evidence

“The prosecution opening left no doubt that Angharad Williamson was awake. No it doesn’t. We ask you to be truthful to your affirmation and try the case on the evidence.

“If she was asleep or may have been and therefore not awake, when John Cole took out the body, that fits in with other evidence.”
Thank you :)
It was missing previously.

16:07Philip Dewey

Mr Rouch concludes

Concluding his case, Mr Rouch said: “In relation to count one, our submission on behalf of Angharad Williamson is to focus on two crucial issues. Look at the nature of the assault and ask yourself the question is this the work of Logan’s mother or the work of Cole and (the youth).

“Look at the relationship and attitudes held to Logan. Who disliked Logan so much they wanted to do him harm/ The answers to the question are clear, Cole and (the youth)....

“If Angharad Williamson never met John Cole or (the youth) do you think she would be here facing this allegation? We ask you to acquit Angharad Williamson of count one.

“In relation to count three, has the prosecution made you sure she was awake at the time? We ask you to acquit her of count three.”

When looking at count two for causing or allowing the death of a child, Mr Rouch said it was “not an offence of hindsight”.

He said it was Williamson’s claim the alleged assault on July 29 did not cause Logan “serious damage” and this would not have alerted Williamson to a significant risk of serious harm.

The barrister also referred to Cole’s control of Williamson.

He said: “Angharad Williamson said it doesn’t happen overnight, it’s a gradual process which can be described as insidious. Even if she wasn’t conscious of it, was her life being taken over and by who? Logan is the centre of attention and after less than 12 months he’s relegated to the back seat. Angharad said she wanted the perfect little family.

“Can you be sure there was a significant risk of serious harm being caused and of being attacked in a way that would cause his fatal injuries? We ask you to resolve count two in her favour.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member