UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this might sound a little odd, however, it might be common to set off to the river from the back door. Various households in my family don’t use the front door all the time, if at all especially if going off to do a messy activity. Outdoor clothing, wellies etc .could be/are stored by the back door.

I do wonder if the 13yr old lived with them full-time or only occasionally, weekends and holidays etc and if the two boys were sharing a room when something happened. I do wonder if the mystery man spotted at the river earlier is JC and if whatever happened to poor Logan had something to do with the 13yr old.

Apparently even his father wasn't there very much

A neighbour said: "It was a surprise when she said they were engaged because her partner wasn't around all the time.

Boy, 5, found dead in river 'was due to be pageboy at mum and stepdad's wedding'

This same quote struck me as odd, but for a different reason, especially as there is an aerial view of the house and river in today’s papers. I assumed the river was behind the house- but it’s actually over some common land in front of the house- so he left by the back door and then went presumably around the side of the house and through the front garden- why would a five year old have that logic- surely if they were off to play in the garden they would still be in said garden, if leaving to the river the obvious route is through the front door. That’s based on it being accidental and he left the house to go explore outside, rather than any suspicious circumstances.

It's possible because it's a flat there is a back entrance with a gate from the garden onto the front.
It's possible they used the back entrance more often than the front ..I always do because of the layout of my house.
Speaking theoretically if a person wanted to stage a child wandering off they may choose the door the child uses most to "leave open" or one they could reach the handle on.

It is possible that if the stepfather wasn’t there all the time, he possibly worked away from home. Just because he wasn’t there all the time doesn’t mean they were not together.

I wasn't suggesting that. They clearly are together. I was replying to the query as to whether his 13 year old son lived there. If the father wasn't there all the time it's LESS LIKELY that the 13 year old lives there, depending on whether his mother is in the picture he'd be more likely to live with his mother and visit with his father when he's there, rather than living with people he isn't related to.

I wasn't suggesting that. They clearly are together. I was replying to the query as to whether his 13 year old son lived there. If the father wasn't there all the time it's LESS LIKELY that the 13 year old lives there, depending on whether his mother is in the picture he'd be more likely to live with his mother and visit with his father when he's there, rather than living with people he isn't related to.

I didn’t think you were suggesting that. I was just saying that he could have worked away from home, we don’t know if he had previous jobs or perhaps looked after his son somewhere else. There could be a number of reasons why he wasn’t there all the time.

Floor plan of same 2 bed (next door) flat, back door leads from kitchen, presumably then a path leads down the side of the house, passing the upstairs flat front door, then into front garden.

House Price History layout of flat

Google Maps street view

Google Maps aerial view
I'm not seeing the floor plan at that link? I only see 4 photographs, am I looking in the wrong place?

So this might sound a little odd, however, it might be common to set off to the river from the back door. Various households in my family don’t use the front door all the time, if at all especially if going off to do a messy activity. Outdoor clothing, wellies etc .could be/are stored by the back door.

Agree. My house with small kids is same set up - the water is out front, but we always use the backdoor. The back door has the mudroom area with our shoes. The front door foyer is tidy for guests. Plus our front door deadbolt is up higher (several inches higher than the doorknob) compared to our backdoor lock (which is just above the doorknob). MOO

Last edited:
JC being a carer and not being there a lot, could be something simple like he’s on late/night shifts so people see him less.

Looking at the floor plan, assuming the children have the back bedroom, it’s practically a straight line to the back door. Maybe that was the reason for choosing that one to be open.

The “mysterious man” by the river, if it was JC would he not potentially have been recognised? I’m not putting too much stock into the mysterious man at the moment.

All MOO

I wonder if the mysterious man could have been wearing a hat and face mask, possibly different clothing from usual and might not necessarily have been recognisable.

Floor plan - the smallest bedroom isn’t very big. I wonder how the beds would be configured in a small room, bunk beds or possibly one larger bed if the older boy didn’t stay there full-time. Assume the youngest one could be in with the adults in the other bedroom.

If there had been a genuine accident, such as someone giving too much medication in error or a youngster being able to access meds and taken too many or something they shouldn’t have, surely there would be no need to cover anything up by staging. Were they isolating because one of them had tested positive or isolating after being contacted by track and trace. I wonder if L had any medical conditions and if he was on meds. I wonder what the relationship was like between them all, certainly the photos online look like they are happy.

I'd imagine that a PM has already taken place and wonder if the findings have lengthened the questioning time of those arrested? - IE If the PM did not show drowning as C.O.D. or if the PM only concluded yesterday, for instance.

JMO

I'd imagine that a PM has already taken place and wonder if the findings have lengthened the questioning time of those arrested? - IE If the PM did not show drowning as C.O.D. or if the PM only concluded yesterday, for instance.

JMO
I had wondered if the PM results had lead to the arrest. He was found before 6am Saturday and they were arrested Sunday night.

I wonder if the mysterious man could have been wearing a hat and face mask, possibly different clothing from usual and might not necessarily have been recognisable.

Floor plan - the smallest bedroom isn’t very big. I wonder how the beds would be configured in a small room, bunk beds or possibly one larger bed if the older boy didn’t stay there full-time. Assume the youngest one could be in with the adults in the other bedroom.

Maybe the man was seen from quite a distance too.
I'm not one to be about at that time of day, but isn't it still pretty light at that time of the morning, at this time of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom