Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Breaking on BBC news carers have been detained!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert but a number of people commented on the woman's body language and her silence when asked if there was anything that they wanted to say to Margaret. Quite telling. I am very surprised they agreed to do this. I expect the police may have persuaded them. Gold mine of an interview for body language experts and criminologists.

Arrests within two weeks anyone?

Ah well I was out by just a few days :)

Breaking on BBC news carers have been detained!

Thanks, just heard on Rad 4 news. What does "detained" mean in Scotland? Is it being taken in for questioning, but not arrested ?

Thanks, just heard on Rad 4 news. What does "detained" mean in Scotland? Is it being taken in for questioning, but not arrested ?

It means the police have taken them in for questioning under caution regarding the disappearance. The next stage will be arrest and a charge.

They have 12 hours to question them before release, charge or asking for more time.

Once the period of detention is over, the detainee must be released or arrested and charged.

This is the reason it took so long, the gathering of evidence took time and they needed to have a water tight case.

I wonder what the new evidence is, or is there any? Is it simply time to make a move after a years work?

The interview and the sale of the property was a ruse imo.

It means the police have taken them in for questioning under caution regarding the disappearance. The next stage will be arrest and a charge.

They have 12 hours to question them before release, charge or asking for more time.

Once the period of detention is over, the detainee must be released or arrested and charged.

This is the reason it took so long, the gathering of evidence took time and they needed to have a water tight case.

I wonder what the new evidence is, or is there any? Is it simply time to make a move after a years work?

The interview and the sale of the property was a ruse imo.
News now reporting them as arrested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-41765764

Court on Friday (tomorrow?).

Will this be to charge them?

Hi everyone btw. First post but long time lurker on mainly UK cases.

Poor Margaret.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Omg arrested means charged! Avril and Eddie can now finally GTF legally.

I have so much respect for the DCI that was like a dog with a bone with this case. I'm sure I posted ages ago about him and I knew 100% there was no way he was letting this one go.

Yup they are up in court tomorrow. Exactly 1 year since this case began.

News now reporting them as arrested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-41765764

Court on Friday (tomorrow?).

Will this be to charge them?

Hi everyone btw. First post but long time lurker on mainly UK cases.

Poor Margaret.

Welcome to you, Gogl, impressed at your restraint for 3+ years!!

This is good (but probably sad) news, will have to see what they get charged with..... "just" fraud? Or something more sinister?

Even if they're just changed with benefit fraud that is something. I thought Avs was close to cracking in the recent interview so hopefully it will be more.

We've always kept it nice on this thread because the carers were never officially suspects before cos that's how the polis work so only now can I at last say that these two are disgusting pieces of sh1te and a stain on humanity. I'm a very liberal guardian reader by the way so god knows what the general public think of them!

There's got to be some kind of rough idea that the police can develop of how long Margaret's been missing for, surely?

Something like if she previously visited the doctor once or twice a year and then never again. Items in the home that they bought in the past few years that don't have her fingerprints or DNA on them and ought to?

Personally I suspect that something happened not long after the family gathering that was mentioned as being the last time she was officially seen by anyone other than Avril and Eddie.

I would imagine the Police are working on the theory that Margaret died in 1999 since there is no proof of life since then.

Someone's DNA was found in the garden. Now was she buried there and then moved at a later date?

Yup they are up in court tomorrow. Exactly 1 year since this case began.

It will be very interesting hearing what the charges are. Hopefully be some reporters at court this afternoon.

Can anyone help me find Greenock Sheriff Court in Court Listings please?

Tried various searches but can't find it in CourtServe ? TIA

Interesting that Margaret does not appear to be listed as a missing person on police scotlands website anymore. Maybe there has been a confession?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back