Deceased/Not Found UK - Margaret Fleming, 19, Inverclyde, Scotland, 17 Dec 1999 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The house where Margaret and her carers lived was described by police as squalid and 'vomit-inducing'. The photos available online as well as satellite imagery shows the house to be in very poor condition. Seems like the carers were 'hoarders' too. There is a photo of the house with the back room window broken and tons of stuff pilled up and fallen out.

Her carers said she liked to travel to the Isle of Bute, but nobody other than her carers have seen her since 1999.

Thousands upon thousands of £ have been paid in benefits to Margaret without anyone checking.

The carers then wrote a letter to the DWP asking for more money which seems to have prompted a visit by the DWP, according to the Daily Record. The DWP get suspicious and call the police in. The carers panic and tell police she ran away.

Parts of the house appear to have been demolished as well.

Perhaps the attempted murder is a coincidence? Perhaps not.

Hi there, here are some online articles:

An American citizen is on trial.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/14339939.Man_slashed_in_Inverkip_murder_bid/

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/...enock_Sheriff_Court_on_murder_attempt_charge/

Check out the photo in this article:

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/villages/14341803.Man_charged_over_Inverkip_attack/

The gardens of the houses where Margaret stayed.

Forensic teams investigating the attempted murder entered the grounds of the property the missing woman is from. I remember seeing police tape around the garden at the time. Police had a temp command vehicle in her driveway.

When I saw the police back again in November I thought they were re-investigating that crime, it wasn't till I checked the news that it was to do with the missing woman.

That has to be a coincidence. Unless either man knew the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ages don't match the carers, so who would be involved? Do the carers have children?

I think the man followed the victim along from the village, then attacked him outside the row of houses. Not sure if the victim stayed there or was walking to somewhere else. The attacker was over from the US.

The police would have interviewed the carers and possibly inquired about Margaret, since they were potential witnesses. They would also have noted the state of the house.

I think the man followed the victim along from the village, then attacked him outside the row of houses. Not sure if the victim stayed there or was walking to somewhere else. The attacker was over from the US.

The police would have interviewed the carers and possibly inquired about Margaret, since they were potential witnesses. They would also have noted the state of the house.

Why would the police ask about Margret?

Been following this for a while now, at first I hoped the carers were being honest - but now starting to think that this poor woman is no longer alive, I think its likely she either died from natural causes or something happened the night of the party - if it was the night of the party it would make sense for those involved to do what ever they could to make it appear she was alive - but as mentioned earlier it will be difficult to prove with no physical evidence, if any had been found by now the carers would have been arrested and with no definitive proof they might not make it as far as a trial and if they did it would probably be a Not Proven verdict anyway - sadly looks as if this will never be solved, but I hope for Margarets sake it is

Because she would be a potential witness since the attack happened outside the house. A simple check would tell the police who stayed in the house :)

Been following this for a while now, at first I hoped the carers were being honest - but now starting to think that this poor woman is no longer alive, I think its likely she either died from natural causes or something happened the night of the party - if it was the night of the party it would make sense for those involved to do what ever they could to make it appear she was alive - but as mentioned earlier it will be difficult to prove with no physical evidence, if any had been found by now the carers would have been arrested and with no definitive proof they might not make it as far as a trial and if they did it would probably be a Not Proven verdict anyway - sadly looks as if this will never be solved, but I hope for Margarets sake it is

The police would need to get one or the other to confess, perhaps that is their long-term game on this.

There is of course a lot going on behind the scenes.

Because she would be a potential witness since the attack happened outside the house. A simple check would tell the police who stayed in the house :)

But she hasn't been seen by anyone in 17 years but you're saying that the police have spoken to her about the attempted murder

No, what I am saying is the police would be keen to speak to everyone in the local area incase someone seen or heard anything relating to the attempted murder.

They may have looked up to see who stayed in the houses. Im not trying to say that they spoke to her, because obviously they didn't.

If the police went to the door and asked the carers questions about the incident, would they have asked to speak to Margaret if they knew she was listed as staying there?

The police were based in their garden during the attempted murder investigation.

Im just throwing out theories :)

[FONT=&quot]The senior police officer leading the search to find missing Inverkip woman Margaret Fleming says the operation is now UK-wide.

He added: “We are also continuing to make inquiries and with other police forces, health services and social work services UK-wide and if we feel we have to expand this inquiry to overseas, we will do that.”

When asked if her carers were under suspicion, DCI Livingstone replied: “At the moment no crime has been committed and it is a missing person inquiry.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“They are assisting us with the inquiry.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“They have been out of their house for several months to assist us and allow us to methodically go through every inch of the house, every slip of paper to help lead us to where Margaret is.”

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/15037023._Missing_Margaret_could_be_dead_/

The detective stressed once again that Margaret’s carers Edward Cairney, 75, and Avril Jones, 56, who were the last people to see her, are not under investigation.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The senior police officer leading the search to find missing Inverkip woman Margaret Fleming says the operation is now UK-wide.

He added: “We are also continuing to make inquiries and with other police forces, health services and social work services UK-wide and if we feel we have to expand this inquiry to overseas, we will do that.”

When asked if her carers were under suspicion, DCI Livingstone replied: “At the moment no crime has been committed and it is a missing person inquiry.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“They are assisting us with the inquiry.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“They have been out of their house for several months to assist us and allow us to methodically go through every inch of the house, every slip of paper to help lead us to where Margaret is.”

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/greenock/15037023._Missing_Margaret_could_be_dead_/

The detective stressed once again that Margaret’s carers Edward Cairney, 75, and Avril Jones, 56, who were the last people to see her, are not under investigation.[/FONT]

Overseas? Did she have a passport?

I probably have missed it, but what are the two caretakers saying happened? Has that been stated?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

“They have been out of their house for several months to assist us and allow us to methodically go through every inch of the house, every slip of paper to help lead us to where Margaret is.”

Well THAT certainly doesn't happen in your common-or-garden missing persons case.

I probably have missed it, but what are the two caretakers saying happened? Has that been stated?

They said, when the police / social services turned up at the door, that Margaret had just left that day and they didn't know where she'd gone. It then transpired that aside from the carers nobody else has actually since Margaret since a family do in 1999. Wonder if they have found her toothbrush, dirty clothes, bed sheets since she had been there just hours earlier? All that DNA that should have been readily available and able to clear this case up, erm, weeks ago.

What can the delay be?! :thinking:

They said, when the police / social services turned up at the door, that Margaret had just left that day and they didn't know where she'd gone. It then transpired that aside from the carers nobody else has actually since Margaret since a family do in 1999. Wonder if they have found her toothbrush, dirty clothes, bed sheets since she had been there just hours earlier? All that DNA that should have been readily available and able to clear this case up, erm, weeks ago.

Ahh yes, I remember now! Thank you! I think it should not be hard to at least prove she has/hasnt been there.

It is a very strange case, I suppose i'm taking more of an interest than I would normally since its local, but it certainly is bizarre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back