GUILTY UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wouldn't post anything mean on her facebook page. Remember Chris Jefferies? People do get released without charge and get found innocent and I would not like to post something that is going to upset her even further while she innocently mourns her child. I think I will wait until something more definite transpires. It's one thing talking about it here quite another to post comments directly to her where she may read them one day.

What's this? I have FB so if you can give me more info I could go look...

I think the venom on Rosdeep's page goes some way towards explaining why LE acted as they have. It wouldn't be the first case where "Angry Mob" decide to wade in and cause extra trouble for a police force already dealing with a lot.

BBC or Sky, forget which, reported that LE were also having to investigate social media following abusive comments (I think they mentioned a racist tweet).

I probably didnt express myself properly in my original post. I can understand them having their opinions on whats happened and feel the need to vent. But turning on one another and on LE? I've seen a number of posts highlighting this and I really dont get what they hope to achieve from that. Sorry for the confusion

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Detention in Scotland

A suspect can be held forcibly in a police station for a maximum of 24 hours

Detainees are entitled to be given advice from a lawyer

Once the period of detention is over, the detainee must be released or arrested and charged

If arrest has taken place, the accused person can either be released or detained in custody to appear in court

If a detainee is released they can be charged at a later date - but may not be detained a second time

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-25790820

It is very interesting that police do not want to speak to the sister who lives in the property. Shocking, in fact. Because it kind of suggests Mikaeel might have been left there to try and cast suspicion on her, in that case. Wicked, if it turns out to be true.

I agree. This just occurred to me earlier this morning when a Sky reporter underlined that the aunt is not seen as having been involved.
Initially it struck me as strange that the body might have been left outside near somewhere linked to one's personal history but I was just thinking that it may have been stupidity. But, yep, I'm thinking that it's more than that -- in particular because one of the things about Edinburgh [which I used to love when I visited there] is that so many wild, completely rural places can be reached within no time at all.
Additionally, if you look at Google Maps you can see that if you were going to pick somewhere near to the Dunvegan address there are loads of densely wooded areas within a frisbee throw of the house. Why basically have it in the back garden?

I guess one thing I'd like cleared up though is whether there were attempts to bury the body. If not, the idea of a framing may be more likely.

Is it just me, btw, or is it strange that LE are spending the best part of 12 hours before removing the body?

Is it possible they have made a mistake with that santa pic of Mikaeel? It looks like a santa dress to me. Could it be his sister? The face appears to be much chubbier and healthier than Mikaeel's.

Definitely a dress. I bought the same set for my grandaughter.

Mm I believe forensics attended briefly when the body was initially found. I did find a reason for this reported in MSM but can't remember why. I then believe they returned earlier this morning to undertake a forensic examination of the scene. You're right though it does seem a long time to leave the body there

Definitely a dress. I bought the same set for my grandaughter.

I've looked again and yes it is a dress even the picture on the front is a little girly pic. However it seems the child is wearing a blue t shirt underneath (I know thats not necessarily indicative of the sex) and from comparing pics I've seen in the press and on fb I do genuinely believe that is Mickaeel. Why he would be dressed in a girls costume though...

Why wouldn't he? He might have just wanted to try it on! I work in a nursery and we have quite a few boys who love to put the princess dresses on! One in particular puts one on every day almost as soon as he comes in and doesn't take it off til he goes home!

I see nothing odd in Mikaeel trying on his sisters dress!

Mm I believe forensics attended briefly when the body was initially found. I did find a reason for this reported in MSM but can't remember why. I then believe they returned earlier this morning to undertake a forensic examination of the scene. You're right though it does seem a long time to leave the body there

It is taped off and forensics have been there a long time. A comment by a reporter about the childs family home being cleared forensicly suggests to me that this may be the crime scene as well as the final resting place.

I don't think LE have mentioned any of that.

Zwiebel, if you are asking about the not proven bit

In England we have only Guilty or Not Guilty verdicts

but in Scotland a Not Proven verdict can also be handed down

It means the person is freed but - imo - never feeling fully cleared of the crime

Fascinating. Thank you for sharing.

regarding why it might be taking a while to remove the body for autopsy, could be the case if the body has started to decompose, needs to be exhumed, or in other way has become a part of the biological surroundings. Alternatively, getting a good pathologist, entomologist up to the site, and study body in daylight might take a while, if they are coming from further afield. The cops will want the best of the best, seeing as it is all over the media.

Mmmm. Wonder if police will leave things to the last minute or announce something today. I haven't heard anything about police asking for the 12 hour extension to make the detainable period up to 24 hours. Didn't someone mention they had to apply for this after the first 12 hours?

regarding why it might be taking a while to remove the body for autopsy, could be the case if the body has started to decompose, needs to be exhumed, or in other way has become a part of the biological surroundings. Alternatively, getting a good pathologist, entomologist up to the site, and study body in daylight might take a while, if they are coming from further afield. The cops will want the best of the best, seeing as it is all over the media.

Good point. Time of death is probably going to be crucial to proving their case.

Online MSM stories keep saying they've been updated but look the same as far as I can tell

Hi, I have read posts on here before and tried to register the other day to comment on this case but had trouble getting it to work.

I haven't been able to read all this afternoons posts so forgive me if this has been said!

It is most likely the twins would have been given an afternoon nursery class at Flora Stevenson given their age. I have never known a 3 year old in Edinburgh to get a morning space, it just doesn't happen. The morning class is reserved for older children who are doing their preschool year. For the afternoon any overspill of preschool children (normally 4 year olds) get spaces and those that are left over are then allocated to 3 year olds. Normal afternoon nursery times are about 12.35 to 3.00pm. If the older children also go to Flora Stevenson they'd likely have two different finish times, probably 3.00 for younger kids (primary 3 and below) and around 3.15-3.20 for the upper primary kids.

Just thought that might be interesting to those of you thinking of timelines!

This is all so sad. I live and work about a mile and a half away from where this family stayed. I have kids of my own and work with children and their families in the west side of Edinburgh. Everyone is just so distressed and sad for this poor wee boy. The mood is so gloomy, and the weather today is matching that too. Even the sky is sad.

I've looked again and yes it is a dress even the picture on the front is a little girly pic. However it seems the child is wearing a blue t shirt underneath (I know thats not necessarily indicative of the sex) and from comparing pics I've seen in the press and on fb I do genuinely believe that is Mickaeel. Why he would be dressed in a girls costume though...

I agree that the Santa pic is Mikaeel - you can see the scar between his eyes across the bridge of his nose. It's possible of course that his sister had a similar scar, it's common for toddlers to run into things!

FWIW it doesn't look like a dress to me, just a generic Santa outfit. I agree that it's not fitted like a little boys' Santa suit that you might buy from a store, but it could easily be a non-gender specific pullover type outfit of the sort you might find in a nursery dressing-up box or a toy-box in the house where five kids live.

Sky are reporting that the body is being left in situ to allow forensics and scenes of crimes officers to carry out investigation. Investigations at the home address in Edinburgh have been ceased.
From whats being reported they are implying that the police believe that this wasn't just a disposal site. So sad

Sky are reporting that the body is being left in situ to allow forensics and scenes of crimes officers to carry out investigation. Investigations at the home address in Edinburgh have been ceased.
From whats being reported they are implying that the police believe that this wasn't just a disposal site. So sad

So they (they being general) took him there to kill him?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member